Notifications
Clear all

Exposed Skincare Kit?

MemberMember
(@katnissprincess)

Posted : 11/30/2012 9:31 pm

Has anyone tried the exposed skincare kit or any of the products, and found it successful? I'm considering buying it due to my clogged pores, hyperpigmentation, and mild acne. I currently use Dianna Yvonne's 5% salicylic acid, which is why I'm not sure if I should make the switch.

MemberMember
(@bluescarlett)

Posted : 01/11/2013 5:01 pm

I've been using Exposed for about 2 months now, and for the most part I like it. It has worked for me to keep my acne outbreaks from not happening and has overall cleared my skin.

I bought the more extensive kit, but the "extras" are either not needed or I don't like them so much. I use the "facial cleanser" usually 2 times a day, the "clearing tonic" most mornings (I like this) and the "clear pore serum" some nights (I've decreased how frequently I use this. If I notice patches of acne starting, I'll use it, but not over my entire face so much anymore.) I followed their "regimen" closely the first month.

I definitely need a moisturizer, but theirs smells a bit rancid to me! I'm curious if others have had this experience. I think I may return it and try another bottle, and if it's the same, then I'll have to find something else, as I don't like that smell.

I've used the "acne treatment serum" two times on incoming giant blemishes... and both times they were gone in the morning. So this won't get used often, but I'm glad to have it as it seems to work when needed.

I don't like the "microderm scrub". It is much finer (and harsher) than other "scrubs" I've used... feels like tiny grains of sand... lots of it. And it also smells a bit rancid to me. That will be returned. And I wasn't that thrilled with the facial mask. I don't think they really do much for me anyway.

I contacted them via email about returning part of the order. I was told I could return the whole thing within a year no matter how much of it I'd used, for a full refund. I'd like to return the items I don't like only... we'll see how easy that process is.

That's my experience so far. My main question is about whether other people have experienced the "rancid" smell esp. w/ the moisturizer. It's within the "expiration date". I wonder if that's just the smell it has or if it is indeed "rancid". Ugh. More online research to do on this.

MemberMember
(@ceebee25)

Posted : 01/24/2013 4:51 am

I've also been using the Exposed skin care kit for just over 3 months now and its cleared my skin up to 95%. I still get the odd clogged pore or pimple near my time of the month but apart from that I'm completely clear! No more cysts, blackheads gone, pimples dramatically reduced. I really really recommend this kit!

I follow the regimen relatively closely but only use the cleanser once a day (at night) instead of twice as it can be quite drying. In the morning I wash my face in the shower using a Clean & Clear morning burst wash. After my shower, I apply the exposed clearing tonic to a cotton pad and wipe all over my face and neck. While my face is still slightly moist I apply the acne treatment serum to any blemishes I have, but only a very small amount. Once it's completely dry I use the exposed moisturiser (mine doesn't have a bad smell at all it smells fine! And is really soothing on my skin)

At night I remove my make up with Liz Earle cleanse & polish hot cloth cleanser (I also credit this cleanser for helping clear up my sensitive skin, amazing!) and then wash my face with the exposed cleanser. After I dry my face I apply the exposed clear pore serum all over my face and let it dry. I LOVE this stuff!! It's helped clear up my pimples, calmed down my redness and helped fade my super red scars from previous cysts that I thought would never fade.

If I have any active pimples I use to acne treatment serum again on those areas, but only a very thin layer as it can be really drying.

This stuff has really helped keep my acne under control and my skin is the best it's looked in 10 years since my first acne breakout. I think exposed even carry a money back guarantee if their products don't work for you so you have nothing to lose! :)

MemberMember
(@user410314)

Posted : 08/13/2014 12:15 am

I saw this advertised on BumpyBoo [Edited link out]. I love the ingredients (AHA, BHA, microencapsulated BP, Billberry, Sulfur etc.) and that the Ultimate Kit comes with a multivitamin/mineral/probiotic supplement.

If I break out again, I'd love to try this system. 98% percent of users prefer it over other acne treatments. That's a number I liked to hear!!!

Guaranteed clear skin in 30 days with a 1 year money back guarantee. Kit without the dermacloths and suppelements is less than $60.

Anyone game to try it?

MemberMember
(@jhvoorhies)

Posted : 09/13/2014 9:11 pm

On 8/13/2014 at 11:15 AM, ZhenZhu said:

I saw this advertised on BumpyBoo [Edited link out]. I love the ingredients (AHA, BHA, microencapsulated BP, Billberry, Sulfur etc.) and that the Ultimate Kit comes with a multivitamin/mineral/probiotic supplement.

If I break out again, I'd love to try this system. 98% percent of users prefer it over other acne treatments. That's a number I liked to hear!!!

Guaranteed clear skin in 30 days with a 1 year money back guarantee. Kit without the dermacloths and suppelements is less than $60.

Anyone game to try it?

ZhenZhu,

I have been using exposed for about 4 months. My acne has become worse, and I see no improvement whatsoever. I wanted to love the products, really since they are natural + chemical and all that jazz and smell great, but I cannot recommend it. They are expensive and ineffective (at least for me). I do not see why they advertise as so great when I didnt receive ANY positive results. I honestly prefer the acne.org system over Proactiv+ and Exposed Skin Care. I seem to be trying everything lately, and Acne.org was truly the only product that offered any consistent improvements to my skin.

I hope this post warns you about exposed. I truly thought they would be my savior, but Exposed has let me down. I would recommend Proactiv over exposed, but again, Acne.org was the best for my acne. I am a 24 year old male who suffers from oily skin, blackheads around my t-zone, and occasional whiteheads.

MemberMember
(@noman)

Posted : 03/18/2015 4:20 pm

I think exposed skin care still works :) Great product for acne.thanks

MemberMember
(@betterboat)

Posted : 01/09/2016 2:05 pm

Hi everyone!
I have learned so much form you all on this forum, thanks a lot for your input and info!
It's my turn now :)
About Exposed Skin Care. It does work. For many years I have been trying different treatments and this was the only one that actually made a real difference. I was sceptical at first, but I've been using it for 3 months now and my skin is perfectly clear!
I have had mild to moderate acne for about 10 years.  It is partly hormonal but mostly just genes (definitely not related to food or lifestyle).

My regime is:
Exposed Skin care: cleanser, toner, acne treatment gel and clear pore gel (twice a day morning and evening - according to Exposed instructions)
Differin once per week (if used more frequently it makes my skin flaky, but it could be used as often as every day)
OXY 10 on the occasional pimples
Light moisturiser (non-comedogenic)

Differin is truly great for clearing up the blackheads (it really works amazingly fast and, according to my dermatologist, your skin doesn't get used to it so you don't have to take breaks from it as with Benzoyl Peroxide products. Although it's a prescription only medicine, it's basically a vitamin A derivate.) Differin doesn't really has effect on red pimples, it just clears pores very well (so blackheads and those smaller whiteheads)

OXY 10 --- I couldn't believe at first, how fast it dried up my pimples.... honestly... 1 or 2 days and a pimple is gone... By the way, ice cubes work as well!

My skin is still quite oily (but apparently the excess sebum alone doesn't create acne, my case proves it), so I am still looking for ways to fight this issue. Otherwise, I am very happy and wish you all best of luck on your journey! Don't give up!