Notifications
Clear all

Getting My Haircut At The Salon

MemberMember
(@mindwitch)

Posted : 11/30/2012 9:15 am

how do you all feel when you go to the barber or salon to get your haircut and everyone can see your acne in the blazing light of the shop. i absolutely HATE it. i feel so ashamed when my beautician does my hair and can see my acne in all its crimson glory. anyway i was wondering after getting your hair cut do you guys and gals wash your face or do you wait till night time. i feel i should wait till night time as not to aggravate anymore acne but last time i waited till night and my face was broken out the next morn. what do you all do?

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 11/30/2012 9:40 am

i always have this issue! back when my acne/marks were at their worst, i dreaded looking into the mirrors in salons. i would cry after each visit lol

anyway, i always waited until nighttime to wash my face but my face tends to get oily so i just blot it with a tissue

MemberMember
(@user146096)

Posted : 11/30/2012 9:44 am

how do you all feel when you go to the barber or salon to get your haircut and everyone can see your acne in the blazing light of the shop. i absolutely HATE it. i feel so ashamed when my beautician does my hair and can see my acne in all its crimson glory. anyway i was wondering after getting your hair cut do you guys and gals wash your face or do you wait till night time. i feel i should wait till night time as not to aggravate anymore acne but last time i waited till night and my face was broken out the next morn. what do you all do?

Dat feel!. My previous barber used to point out how bad my skin is and what I should and shouldn't be doing to "cure myself". Well now you know why I refer to him as my previous barber. For that reason, I just stopped cutting my hair all together, though I know that's not an option for everyone. I do go rarely for a shape-up and when I do, I wash my face as soon as I get home. Those tiny strands of hair can irritate sensitive skin, but I only use water to wash.

MemberMember
(@ghostunit)

Posted : 11/30/2012 1:39 pm

I used to cut my hair at the asian or domincan salon, so they really don't care. They were very gentle when they cut my hair now. I cut my own hair, but I haven't in a while. I have lots of hair 'cause I want to cover my forehead. I have a lot of scars.

MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 11/30/2012 5:20 pm

The mirrors and harsh lighting in barbers are the worst when it comes to highlighting imperfections and blemishes.Luckily my sister is a hairdresser - she cuts my hair at home for me so I don`t have to go through the ordeal of going to a barbers.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/30/2012 6:00 pm

I used to hate this so much that I avoided getting my hair cut. The good news is that almost a year ago I put my hair in dreadlocks so I never have to go to the salon again in my entire life! Woo hoo!

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 11/30/2012 6:00 pm

I hate it too! The lighting in salon/barber shop mirrors is so harsh and horrible. I feel terrible when I have to look at myself in those mirrors to see if I "like" the haircut when I really just want to look at the floor the whole time. I have a hard time holding a conversation with the person cutting my hair either because I'm so insecure about like hair sticking to my skin, and red patches starting from razor irritation and stuff...I had to tell one girl that I'd like her to cut my hair in a certain way to cover a scar on my forehead and she goes "how did you get that scar?" and I was too ashamed to tell her that it was from acne.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 11/30/2012 9:56 pm

I cut my own hair. I don't like the stress of leaving it up to another person. Last time I went to a salon my skin wasn't as bad, but I would definitely hate going and having someone looking at me in a mirror under those lights for half an hour. I would be all anxious too, and my face would flush, and I'd look even worse. I'm going red just thinking about it lol.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/30/2012 11:49 pm

It's true, the stress of having another person possibly mess it up is another bad thing about it. I also hate the social aspect. I'm not good with people I don't know very well. I HATE having to sit there, staring in the mirror, feeling horrible about my skin AND being forced to make small talk with the hair dresser the entire time. It's basically the worst situation possible for someone like me lol.

MemberMember
(@the-uphill-battle)

Posted : 12/12/2012 4:51 pm

It's a nightmare, they always have the most unflattering lighting!

MemberMember
(@livinglou92)

Posted : 12/12/2012 10:29 pm

Hate being at the barbershop. Iv had 2 different barbers because the previous talked about my skin in front of customers on 2 occasions and I told him f yourself. But being at the new barbershop still sucks bcuz its always crowded and it makes me feel really low bcuz all the guys in there have great skin and I'm just in the light and they r always staring. It is one of the most degrading feelings I get. I always leave the barbershop feeling like a loser or just someone who's not worth it. Its worse when people are there with their girlfriends Cuz they stare too.

MemberMember
(@fatalbert911)

Posted : 12/13/2012 12:43 am

Dame i'm going to have to get one myself in about a month, i'm sure as hell not looking forward to it -_-.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 12/13/2012 2:45 am

Idk but my acne always since fine when am at bright white light.

The only thing I hate is when they line me up in the back of my neck I get razor bumps for a whole week.

Oh and when they go too high on my temples ( I been noticing my hairline receding a bit). :/

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 12/13/2012 6:34 am

I'm fortunate enough that a friend of the family used to be a hair dresser so she cuts my ends and my fringe for me (I otherwise don't have my hair in a style as of such, I grew all of my layers out). This means that I'm often just in the forgiving lighting of my living room with no horrible enlarging mirrors or anything of the sort. I don't wash my face after I've had my hair cut but I do wipe off any hair that's fallen on to my face and won't move (my hair seems to stick to my skin for some reason).