Notifications
Clear all

Hey Guys -- New

MemberMember
(@lildropofsunshine)

Posted : 11/29/2012 6:01 pm

Hey guys! I'm new here.

I'm 22, and a college student. I've had acne for YEARS (probably since I was 12 or so), and for awhile it was pretty bad. I tried all sorts of topical treatments and was on antibiotics (tetracycline) for awhile etc. Now my face is mostly clear of blemishes, other than the small ones that inhabit my face on a regular basis and the dreaded hormonal acne that happens once a month! Ugh. However, I still have some pretty bad/obvious scarring from my acne in the form of dark spots (I'm African American, so they are REALLY DARK!)

I really want to completely get rid of my acne (other than the hormonal stuff since there's really not anything you can do about that), but more importantly, I want to get rid of my scarring. I feel the need to hide my skin whenever I'm going out which means I wear a fair amount of makeup. (Thankfully I have stuff that doesn't make me breakout!!)

Here's what my skin looks like before and after my makeup goes on:

Before:

:20121128_001606.jpg

After:

20121129_121114.jpg

* I know the scarring doesn't look that dark in the picture, but IRL, it's much darker!! It's just the lighting that I had when I took the picture.

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 11/29/2012 9:10 pm

Hey guys! I'm new here.

I'm 22, and a college student. I've had acne for YEARS (probably since I was 12 or so), and for awhile it was pretty bad. I tried all sorts of topical treatments and was on antibiotics (tetracycline) for awhile etc. Now my face is mostly clear of blemishes, other than the small ones that inhabit my face on a regular basis and the dreaded hormonal acne that happens once a month! Ugh. However, I still have some pretty bad/obvious scarring from my acne in the form of dark spots (I'm African American, so they are REALLY DARK!)

I really want to completely get rid of my acne (other than the hormonal stuff since there's really not anything you can do about that), but more importantly, I want to get rid of my scarring. I feel the need to hide my skin whenever I'm going out which means I wear a fair amount of makeup. (Thankfully I have stuff that doesn't make me breakout!!)

Before:

After:

20121129_121114.jpg

* I know the scarring doesn't look that dark in the picture, but IRL, it's much darker!! It's just the lighting that I had when I took the picture.

What do you use I have similar dark marks and I want to cover them up too but everything i use breaks me out.

To be honest your scars aren't as bad as mine I have them all over my cheeks and I already have indents and many deeps ones.

MemberMember
(@lildropofsunshine)

Posted : 11/30/2012 5:00 am

Hey guys! I'm new here.

Before:

After:

20121129_121114.jpg

What do you use I have similar dark marks and I want to cover them up too but everything i use breaks me out.

To be honest your scars aren't as bad as mine I have them all over my cheeks and I already have indents and many deeps ones.

I use Revlon Colorstay foundation for Oily/Combination skin and the Maybelline Fit Me concealer.

Also, as I said in my OP, the picture doesn't show the true severity of my scarring. IRL it's much darker, and it covers my entire right cheek, most of my left cheek, down on my chin, and half of my forehead. I wish I could get a picture that really shows what it actually looks like, but it's really difficult to do that.

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 12/02/2012 3:49 am

Hey guys! I'm new here.

Before:

After:

20121129_121114.jpg

I use Revlon Colorstay foundation for Oily/Combination skin and the Maybelline Fit Me concealer.

Also, as I said in my OP, the picture doesn't show the true severity of my scarring. IRL it's much darker, and it covers my entire right cheek, most of my left cheek, down on my chin, and half of my forehead. I wish I could get a picture that really shows what it actually looks like, but it's really difficult to do that.

. Can you just use the mayballine fit me concealer? I am asking because I am a male and don't want to be using make up all over my face. Thank you!

MemberMember
(@lildropofsunshine)

Posted : 12/02/2012 6:36 am

Probably. It won't provide as much coverage, but it will provide some.