Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gripy

Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide Mixed With Calming Extracts?

I have licorice extract and green tea extract (both formulated for topical application and product mixing) to help battle the redness benzoyl peroxide causes. I use tretinoin at night but my acne warrants benzoyl peroxide in the morning. Problem: The 2.5% is too harsh on my skin. I've used it for months and it still irritates my skin to an embarassing degree. I think a less % of benzoyl peroxide will take care of what my tretinoin leaves behind. I want to mix the two calming extracts with the benzoyl peroxide but I'm not sure if that's chemically logical, or if it'll remain stable during use. I would love some educated opinions!!

Benzoyl peroxide stability is a delicate thing. I don't know really if you could do that and the bp still be effective. Another idea, consider a good moisturizer that has those extracts and you can apply it after the bp. Dan's moisturizer has licorice root and other good-for-the-skin ingredients. The cleanser also has skin calming ingredients. Check them out on our store site.They might be a good addition to your current skincare routine. http://www.danielkern.com/