Notifications
Clear all

Eating A Diet Of Mostly Banana's Gives Me Acne

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 11/29/2012 2:09 pm

but i feel so much better on it than any other diet. So What ways might I be able to lessen the acne(random Large cysts, not any covered area... like 1-2 zits a week but large ones that take a while to heal.)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:00 pm

I honestly don't think these all banana diets are healthy, but that's beside the point if it's what you want to do. One question: Are you eating your bananas at the point where they are VERY brown and spotted? Because I've read that this is the only time you should eat bananas. When they are green or even all yellow, they aren't ready and starches can damage your gut.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:50 pm

Banana's are a very high GI food. You're really stressing your body if all your eating is banana's; and acne is a symptom of that.

I would start eating vegetables, grass-fed meats, beans, nuts, seeds, eggs, whey protein, fermented foods, and limited fruits. Also you'll want to supplement your vitamins/minerals/EFA's.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/29/2012 4:17 pm

Yeah, there is a reason most people don't last long on these diets. Believe me, at a point in my life I desperately wanted to believe in raw veganism. But it just isn't healthy for 99% of people.

MemberMember
(@thehoper)

Posted : 11/29/2012 4:20 pm

According to darwinism we evolved from apes to homo sapiens about 100,000 years ago. Think your behind on times. :P

But really, start eating some lean meat and beans at least dude. Bananas are dank I know, one of my favorite foods as well, but if you got this from that crazy 30 bananas a day site, prob not the wisest way to live. And bananas arent really high GI, they are 55-60 which is medium, and its been proven they dont spike blood sugar, but still you shouldnt just be eat bananas lol. Balance it out. Supplement EFA/GLA. Try juicing, and again lean meats, beans, try basmati rice.. go from there.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/29/2012 4:38 pm

I would not recommend means though, or rice. Basically, try eating like your "ancestors" (the Paleo diet) but not your real long ago ancestors (i.e. monkeys :P). Plus, there's no way a person can be too healthy eating only one food source.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 11/29/2012 4:44 pm

I quit bananas long time ago. Don't find them satisfying any longer.

Other than that, bananas are great pre-biotics and are known to have other benefits.

When I am hungry, I just cook myself vegetable and meat, with butter and olive oil.

There has been several people on this board who cleared up with "raw-veganism",following the WAI-DIET. Even eating raw meats, I find it somewhat tasty now.

It was however instructed that you consume good amounts of fat with the fruit for slower sugar absorption. Along with raw egg yolks.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/29/2012 6:59 pm

According to darwinism we evolved from apes to homo sapiens about 100,000 years ago. Think your behind on times. tongue.png

But really, start eating some lean meat and beans at least dude. Bananas are dank I know, one of my favorite foods as well, but if you got this from that crazy 30 bananas a day site, prob not the wisest way to live. And bananas arent really high GI, they are 55-60 which is medium, and its been proven they dont spike blood sugar, but still you shouldnt just be eat bananas lol. Balance it out. Supplement EFA/GLA. Try juicing, and again lean meats, beans, try basmati rice.. go from there.

I don't know where you pulled this "proven banana's don't spike blood sugar" but that's wrong.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/412216-will-bananas-raise-blood-sugar/

One banana could be too much of a spike for some people.

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 11/29/2012 7:24 pm

almost all carbs seems to be starches. Rice, potatoes, quinoa... so no carb?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:04 pm

It was however instructed that you consume good amounts of fat with the fruit for slower sugar absorption. Along with raw egg yolks.

No, no! I'm sorry but this is wrong. You don't want to mix fruit with fat or any other types of food like proteins. This is one of the things that makes fruit cause problems because the body can't digest them well at the same time.

Now, people with stellar digestive systems can probably mix whatever they want and not experience any problems. But for people wanting to heal their gut lining to improve acne, it's a big no-no.

"1. Fruit after a meal. Natural Hygienists have known for a long time that fruit doesnt combine well with other foods. The reason is that fruit contains simple sugars that require no digestion. Thus, they will not stay for a long time in the stomach. Other foods, such as foods rich in fat, protein and starch, will stay in the stomach for a longer period of time because they require more digestion. So if you eat fruit after a meal, the fruit sugar will stay for too long in the stomach and ferment."

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-3615/10-Common-Food-Combinations-That-Wreak-Havoc-on-Your-Health.html

If I mix fruit with any other foods I get TERRIBLE gas pains and my stomach bloats out like I was six months pregnant.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:07 pm

No, no! I'm sorry but this is wrong. You don't want to mix fruit with fat or any other types of food like proteins. This is one of the things that makes fruit cause problems because the body can't digest them well at the same time.

Now, people with stellar digestive systems can probably mix whatever they want and not experience any problems. But for people wanting to heal their gut lining to improve acne, it's a big no-no.

"1. Fruit after a meal. Natural Hygienists have known for a long time that fruit doesnt combine well with other foods. The reason is that fruit contains simple sugars that require no digestion. Thus, they will not stay for a long time in the stomach. Other foods, such as foods rich in fat, protein and starch, will stay in the stomach for a longer period of time because they require more digestion. So if you eat fruit after a meal, the fruit sugar will stay for too long in the stomach and ferment."

http://www.mindbodyg...our-Health.html

If I mix fruit with any other foods I get TERRIBLE gas pains and my stomach bloats out like I was six months pregnant.

Interesting. So, essentially fruits should be eaten alone?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:44 pm

If you have any sort of difficulty digesting things or a tendency to get gas, yes I believe they should.

Like I said, people with awesome digestion and perfect health and skin clearly don't have to worry about this stuff. These aren't rules for everyone. But when attempting to heal the body and DEFINITELY for anyone who is worried about candida overgrowth, fruits should be eaten alone, if at all.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:46 pm

If you have any sort of difficulty digesting things or a tendency to get gas, yes I believe they should.

Like I said, people with awesome digestion and perfect health and skin clearly don't have to worry about this stuff. These aren't rules for everyone. But when attempting to heal the body and DEFINITELY for anyone who is worried about candida overgrowth, fruits should be eaten alone, if at all.

Yes, very interesting. I have impeccable diet but I don't ever think about food "combos." The other day for example I had salmon, with a dairy and sugar free real fruit smoothie. I had cysts within two hours. Anything else about combining foods that I should know about?

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/30/2012 12:12 am

Hopefully this will be of some help. :)

I don't follow it religiously or anything. The fruit is the big one I've found to mess me up badly. Although being on the paleo diet I've found that most of my food combinations are appropriate anyway.