Notifications
Clear all

Got Subcision (Before / After Pics)

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 11/29/2012 12:37 pm

Hey, yesterday I had subcision done on both sides of my face. It went fine except I'm worried about the large scarred areas he subcised on both sides on my upper cheeks under my temples, these entire areas are raised and swollen and have been so since yesterday. I'm scared I'm forever going to have two big lumps on either side. Is it normal to get lumps in areas from subcision the same day as treatment? They are swollen and hurt to touch.

I'm not sure if this is just normal swelling. I mean these areas are a few inches in diameter and I heard lots of snaps as my surgeon cut through the fibrous bands. I had tons of scars in these areas from cystic acne.

Update: Before and two weeks post-subcision (right side)

post-38238-0-50246600-1355279287_thumb.jpost-38238-0-14005000-1355279303_thumb.j

Left side (wish I had a higher quality before picture to show how bad it truly was)

post-38238-0-18799000-1355281278_thumb.jpost-38238-0-05623800-1355281196_thumb.j

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:55 pm

You just had your treatment, so it's normal. Let your skin heal first. Icing helps(every 2 hours or so), too.

If the lumps(most likely just swollen...?) won't go away after a week, then you should start massaging those area.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 11/29/2012 4:00 pm

I'm not familiar with subcision in any way, but based on hanging out here too much, I'm under the impression that getting lumps would be normal and it could even be a good thing, as long as it's transitory (which it should).

Naimur97 liked
MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 11/29/2012 7:26 pm

Having swollen and bruised areas from subcision is perfectly normal and to be expected. In fact, you want this to happen as the subdermal injury will result in collagen formation and deposition.

MemberMember
(@dragz)

Posted : 11/29/2012 8:19 pm

Lumps that feel weird are normal for subcision. It is HIGHLY unlikely you'll end up with abnormally raised areas.

MemberMember
(@zaak27)

Posted : 11/30/2012 2:12 am

lumps from subcision is good thing the more it lasts is better the outcome i had three subcisions and all of them with big lumps on my cheeks. i did not use ice on my face because i wanted the swelling to last and i had a great improvement.

MemberMember
(@coppedsynergy999)

Posted : 11/30/2012 2:17 am

lumps from subcision is good thing the more it lasts is better the outcome i had three subcisions and all of them with big lumps on my cheeks. i did not use ice on my face because i wanted the swelling to last and i had a great improvement.

After you had subcision, Were the needle wounds and swelling and bruising really noticeable? And for how long?

MemberMember
(@zaak27)

Posted : 11/30/2012 2:40 am

After you had subcision, Were the needle wounds and swelling and bruising really noticeable? And for how long?

swelling lasted for two weeks and needle wounds i would say after seven days it was good

MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 11/30/2012 8:54 pm

would you consider taking pictures to log your experience? would help all of us scarred individuals to see some real procedures and results.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 12/02/2012 1:01 pm

would you consider taking pictures to log your experience? would help all of us scarred individuals to see some real procedures and results.

I will eventually post before/after pictures, I just want to wait until the swelling subsides so the final results are visible and not distorted.

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 12/03/2012 10:08 am

I had a subiciosn and cross treatment today and suffered no bruising (well not to date). Cheeks are slightly swelled buti can still see rolling scars, does the breaking of tethers (heard it plenty) mean that the areas should raise immediately or is this a process over time?

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 12/03/2012 7:55 pm

With my first three subcision procedures, I had swelling and bruising. After the swelling subsided, I could see the scars again and then they would eventually fill - some more than others. This is a process that takes weeks or months to complete in some cases.

With my fourth subcision treatment, I used the 'suction method' and the scars on my left check never reappeared. You should take a look at the study to see if this is something you want to consider.

Good luck.

swen liked
MemberMember
(@rentedname)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:53 am

With my first three subcision procedures, I had swelling and bruising. After the swelling subsided, I could see the scars again and then they would eventually fill - some more than others. This is a process that takes weeks or months to complete in some cases.

With my fourth subcision treatment, I used the 'suction method' and the scars on my left check never reappeared. You should take a look at the study to see if this is something you want to consider.

Good luck.

was the suction method DIY? or did you have a doctor do it?

MemberMember
(@pumpkin21)

Posted : 12/04/2012 4:05 pm

could you send me link for suction treatment at what point do i use it etc? Just had a subciison but have no bruising so thinking should i do suction now?

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 12/05/2012 9:10 pm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20553364

I started the suctioning process on day three. It resulted in prolonged bruising and swelling but the best improvement in reducing the appearance of my scarring.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 12/11/2012 2:22 pm

Update: the swelling is gone and the areas are still noticeably smoother, especially on both cheekbones where cystic scarring was prevalent in areas spanning a few inches. Those were the areas that responded the best and also where I had the most swelling (large, raised bubbles immediately after treatment). I think it's because my surgeon did such large areas at once. The scarring was also the worst there. I would estimate at least 60% improvement in those cheekbone areas. I've been taking vitamin C and collagen supplements. My skin looks better than it has in years. I no longer feel that insecure under bright lights. I'll eventually post some pics.

swen, Мyth, snowflake01 and 1 people liked
MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 12/11/2012 7:04 pm

Glad to read about your improvement!

We're all looking forward to seeing your before and after photos.

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:23 pm

Two before pics, one after pic of right side. Keep in mind that I took the after picture in the harshest lighting possible by holding a bright light directly over my face. There's no longer the deep shadows from the craters, even in horrible lighting.

post-38238-0-17899300-1355278990_thumb.j

post-38238-0-19307300-1355279012_thumb.j

post-38238-0-38778200-1355279031_thumb.j

u1971 liked
MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:29 pm

Looks fantastic. You must be thrilled. Do you think this is the final result, or will the swelling go down more? Where is your doctor located?

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:31 pm

Looks fantastic. You must be thrilled. Do you think this is the final result, or will the swelling go down more? Where is your doctor located?

Yup it feels pretty good not being so self-conscious of the sides of my face anymore. The swelling is gone and was already mostly gone a week ago. I'm pretty sure this is the final result or it may get better as collagen continues to build up over the coming weeks/months. Thanks to people such as Mr. Matt and others who provided feedback and inspired me to get this treatment done in the first place.

My doctor is located in Fairhope, Alabama. It was very hard to find someone who performed subcision. I was pretty much calling up every dermatologist and cosmetic surgeon's office within a hundred miles on a google search. Most of the receptionists didn't even know what the procedure was.

MemberMember
(@michael24)

Posted : 12/11/2012 11:19 pm

Did the entry point leave any type of markings/scars?

MemberMember
(@sverd)

Posted : 12/12/2012 12:09 am

Did the entry point leave any type of markings/scars?

They were needle wounds that healed quickly. I see two little dark dots that might have been left behind from them, but it's hard to tell.

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 12/12/2012 8:14 am

Two before pics, one after pic of right side. Keep in mind that I took the after picture in the harshest lighting possible by holding a bright light directly over my face. There's no longer the deep shadows from the craters, even in horrible lighting.

Outstanding results!

Thanks for sharing your story.

Matt

Rob_X_22 liked
MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 12/12/2012 9:01 am

Yes it is ridiculously hard to find a doctor that does this. The nearest one I could find is 2 hours away. I wish we could compile some sort of list of doctors who perform this, and other treatments.

MemberMember
(@justmeuk)

Posted : 12/12/2012 10:51 am

Wow great results, you look fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

llkllk liked