Notifications
Clear all

Severe Back/chest Acne And Accutane.

MemberMember
(@akc123)

Posted : 11/29/2012 6:56 am

After 8 years of enduring severe cystic back and chest acne, I finally saw a dermatologist who wrote me a prescription for Isotretinoin (accutane). Before I start the medication, I've been doing a lot of research. It seems the "initial breakouts" last most of the time while on meds and most often, they're terrible! I'm curious if anyone out there has severe acne on their back/chest but nothing on their face like me? And if so, did you break out on your face once you started medication? I work in a restauraunt and really can't imagine working with the same kind of acne on my face as i do on my back. When I pop these things, they shoot to the celing for chrissake. I'm nervous and would love to hear someone else who has same experience, as the dermatologist herself was shocked i have not even an iota of a little zit on my face.

MemberMember
(@sctonova)

Posted : 11/29/2012 12:15 pm

Hey, akc123, I am just like this. I am an adult male, did accutane 20 years ago for face acne, now, it is my back and chest. I do get an occasional one on face, but, nothing like my back and chest. I too have had enough and decided to do it again. Started yesterday with 80 mg dose. I will let you know how it goes with the side effects and my face. My Derm did prescribe a very low dose prednisone. I will start that tonight, and take every other day for first month. She said she had great success with limiting initial breakout. Other than that, just using aquaphor on lips and dove everywhere else. Lotioning skin morning and night. Eating well, trying.

Will keep up.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 12/09/2012 3:37 pm

hey my case is same.. pls update ur results bout accutane..

MemberMember
(@lastditcheffort)

Posted : 12/10/2012 5:35 pm

Went through accutane myself, for severe back/face acne.

My initial breakout was mostly on back, but had some on my face. They flared out of nowhere, but only lasted two days.

After that two days, they just shrunk down and left a red mark. I'm pretty sure it happened on week 4.

You can PM me if you have any other questions about Bacne and Accutane!

MemberMember
(@evvy)

Posted : 01/18/2013 1:55 pm

I'm pretty similar to this too. I had some acne on my face growing up, probably moderate in severity and I am pretty clear on my face now at 23 - I'll get a random zit every now and then. When I was in high school, as the acne on my face began to go away chest acne started to develop, it was bad for a few years but in recent years its begun to fade in terms on quantity. However, it has transfered to back and shoulders and is really quite inflammed and painful. I just started Accutane a few days ago, I am on 10mg for the first week, increasing by 10mg per week up to 40mg. Should I be taking more?

I'm at the point too where I just want it to be gone forever, I'm really active in sports and its pretty frustrating to have severe breakouts all over my back and shoulders

What have peoples timelines been like as far as curing back acne with Accutane?

MemberMember
(@whoartthou1)

Posted : 01/23/2013 3:12 am

Went through accutane myself, for severe back/face acne.

My initial breakout was mostly on back, but had some on my face. They flared out of nowhere, but only lasted two days.

After that two days, they just shrunk down and left a red mark. I'm pretty sure it happened on week 4.

You can PM me if you have any other questions about Bacne and Accutane!

two day breakout? wow..