Notifications
Clear all

Found The Cause Of My Acne - How Do I Deal With It?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/29/2012 5:42 am

Theres a reason acne hit me this late in my life, i thought i was doing my body good when i wanted to gain weight with all the "HEALTHY" foods. And theres a reason why my acne went away last year when i started drinking, smoking weed, eating nothing but trash.

The truth of my acne is that My body can't handle all the carbs i eat so my face is paying for that

It was never the dairy, the gluten, the nuts, the fish that was my problem.

As i wrote above - i have had acne before that suddenly disappeared when i started doing the worst lifestyle. I was eating everything and i didn't break out - WHY? Because i never ate foods with high carbs.

When i stopped binge eating my acne went away ALOT , but only to a certain degree. The reason for that is because i cut ALOT down on carbs when i ate.

Theres a reason why cutting out gluten helped me so much but i still didnt get rid of my acne. It was because i wasnt gluten sensitiv, the most carbs i got was gluten, but i was still eating beans and lentils everyday (much smaller amount)

Also i replaced most carbs with high fats like oils, avocados, coconut oil to make sure i wasn't too low in calorie intake which helped me alot.

Also i think i have a problem with fructose since i also breakout when i eat fruits but i never breakout if i even candy?

No i don't think its the blood sugar that spikes because this only happens when i eat fruits.

So i finally found the problem of my acne. And at the moment i'm clear and trying to get rid of the hyperpigmentation.

But i still need help!

I know that the key is low carbs/high fat.

But how can i maintain my weight and not feel hungry anymore?

Can somebody tell me how i can start live a good life without all the carbs? I never really liked all the carbs i ate, i really only did it to gain weight (weight training) and because i thought it was healthy. But i was wrong.

Hope you can help me out there! Thanks :D

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/29/2012 8:07 am

Theres a reason acne hit me this late in my life, i thought i was doing my body good when i wanted to gain weight with all the "HEALTHY" foods. And theres a reason why my acne went away last year when i started drinking, smoking weed, eating nothing but trash.

The truth of my acne is that My body can't handle all the carbs i eat so my face is paying for that

It was never the dairy, the gluten, the nuts, the fish that was my problem.

As i wrote above - i have had acne before that suddenly disappeared when i started doing the worst lifestyle. I was eating everything and i didn't break out - WHY? Because i never ate foods with high carbs.

When i stopped binge eating my acne went away ALOT , but only to a certain degree. The reason for that is because i cut ALOT down on carbs when i ate.

Theres a reason why cutting out gluten helped me so much but i still didnt get rid of my acne. It was because i wasnt gluten sensitiv, the most carbs i got was gluten, but i was still eating beans and lentils everyday (much smaller amount)

Also i replaced most carbs with high fats like oils, avocados, coconut oil to make sure i wasn't too low in calorie intake which helped me alot.

Also i think i have a problem with fructose since i also breakout when i eat fruits but i never breakout if i even candy?

No i don't think its the blood sugar that spikes because this only happens when i eat fruits.

So i finally found the problem of my acne. And at the moment i'm clear and trying to get rid of the hyperpigmentation.

But i still need help!

I know that the key is low carbs/high fat.

But how can i maintain my weight and not feel hungry anymore?

Can somebody tell me how i can start live a good life without all the carbs? I never really liked all the carbs i ate, i really only did it to gain weight (weight training) and because i thought it was healthy. But i was wrong.

Hope you can help me out there! Thanks biggrin.png

Your post is difficult to understand.

You say carbs are the main cause but also listed fish and nuts in the same sentence. Little or No carbs in either. Also you said when u were drinking and smoking your acne went? Well there carbs in a lot of alcoholic drinks.

It is not optimal to cut carbs altogether. Fact is, for an optimal diet we need them.

You could try a carb cycle. Continue what you are doing but once a week have a carb up of complex carbs. This tricks the body into keeping your metabolic rate optimal as well as stopping a lot of of the negative effects of low carbing.

Fact is there are carbs in veg (which wasn't on your list so i am assuming you eat veg) Qunioa is a great source of carbs.

I am not entirely convinced it is just carbs on their own. You could have an issue with insulin sensitivity. The way booze acts on the body this can knock that balance out as well.

You need to find a balance and may be not just blame it on carbs. Find out what carbs you are sensitive to?

A powerlifter and nutritionist who i know called Phil Learny is carb sensitive but he still has carbs in is diet. The man is so educated on nutrition worth reading blogs

http://www.phillearney.com/

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/29/2012 8:14 am

But if i am insulin sensitiv, how could i clear up my acne doing this:

Not giving washing my face often

Drinking 90% soda and 10% water

Eating candy and fastfood

Drinking alcohol.

Smoking cigs and weed.

And how come i eat very very healthy now, and i have no acne anymore and i have cut out all carbs. Finding a balance is true, but the thing is that my body don't need pasta, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, breads which i ate all meals sometimes all together actully! But i will try to see if theres some of them i can eat but atm. i know its what causes my acne!

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/29/2012 1:16 pm

How were you "eating everything" when you were in your bad lifestyle but not eating carbs. That doesn't make sense. Most junk food and fast food is carbs. And if you were just living unhealthy and eating whatever you want, weren't you eating carbs?

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 11/29/2012 9:40 pm

There are lots of different types of carbohydrates. Disaccharides, monosaccharides, and polysaccharides. Fiber is a poly, so is starch. Glucose and fructose are monos, and lactose and sucrose are dis.

If you have only honey, do you have the same reaction?

What about fruit?

What about fiber?

What about starch?

These foods can lead to very different reactions. Most often, starch is the main culprit.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/30/2012 1:30 am

How were you "eating everything" when you were in your bad lifestyle but not eating carbs. That doesn't make sense. Most junk food and fast food is carbs. And if you were just living unhealthy and eating whatever you want, weren't you eating carbs?

There are lots of different types of carbohydrates. Disaccharides, monosaccharides, and polysaccharides. Fiber is a poly, so is starch. Glucose and fructose are monos, and lactose and sucrose are dis.

If you have only honey, do you have the same reaction?

What about fruit?

What about fiber?

What about starch?

These foods can lead to very different reactions. Most often, starch is the main culprit.

Because i almost didn't eat anything. But when i did i was eating bad stuff like kebab, pizza, candy etc.

Fruits, breads and pasta definatly cause acne for me. Even carrots make me breakout i notice.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/30/2012 10:34 am

Okay so you were binge eating and had acne, and then started eating a lot of non-carb food and the acne went away? I see. The way you wrote it in the first post was confusing.

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 11/30/2012 1:11 pm

Try having honey alone. If you break out from that it's probably a blood sugar problem, or a yeast like candida.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/01/2012 2:46 am

I know its not candida since i was on a festival and ate tons of candy and my skin cleared up alot at the same time (didn't eat carbs).

I am 100% sure that i can't eat fruits and oatmeal without breaking out.

Since i have written the first post in this topic i have been eating - fish, nuts, eggs and pumpkin seeds and i havent broken out. So im definately on to something!