Notifications
Clear all

Someone Said I Had Beautiful Skin Today!

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 11/28/2012 3:29 pm

I just can't believe it. I figured I'd be one of those people who would never get complimented on my skin. I had no idea how to react when she told me what beautiful skin I have.

Granted, I was wearing makeup. But usually you can see at least some discoloration through the makeup. However, now that I've been doing my regimen for a couple months, my skin has never been better and my skin actually looks good for once.

It's such an odd feeling...not having real acne anymore.

Having someone say that I had nice skin today made me realize that it's something I have always wanted someone to say to me. And after she said it, some of my students nodded in agreement!

Oh my gosh...surreal moment in my life. Crazy that something like getting rid of acne could impact me so much emotionally.

I attached a picture of what I looked like today to this post so that you guys could see smile.png

I truly hope everyone on this site can someday have this same experience! smile.pngpost-156579-0-48954900-1354134634_thumb.

post-156579-0-48954900-1354134634_thumb.

Murph89 liked
MemberMember
(@fadedjay)

Posted : 11/28/2012 3:47 pm

looks pretty darn perfect to me smile.png

great that your sharing this with everyone it gives people hope and something to look forward once they find what works for them!

enjoy the rest of your day cool.pngcool.png

MemberMember
(@randall-flagg)

Posted : 11/28/2012 3:54 pm

Your skin looks awesome! Whatever regimen you're on must be working for you, and I'm happy to see that. Keep on smiling! :]

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 11/28/2012 7:13 pm

Thanks guys! :D If I can give somebody out there hope that clear skin is in their future too, then that would be amazing! Seriously, it took me lots and lots of trial and error, but I finally found a system that works for me! Keep working everyone! You'll get there eventually! :)

If you'd like, check out my log which is linked in my signature down below. I've been clear twice so far -- once through a holistic route (which is also linked), and once (now) through a mixture of holistic and medicinal/chemical approaches.

Good luck! ;)

MemberMember
(@deletethisshit)

Posted : 11/28/2012 7:20 pm

Ooooooooh so you think you're BETTER than us now, don't you? Just trolling. Looking *FAB-U-LOOOOOOUUUUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!*

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 11/28/2012 8:43 pm

haha, no not at all!! Just trying to spread the FAB-U-LOOOOUUUSSS-ITY! :P

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 11/28/2012 9:21 pm

You look gorgeous, hopefully in 10 years I'll be 70% to where you are, as for now I will keep dreaming for relatively clear skin.

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:39 pm

So pretty!

MemberMember
(@jamris12)

Posted : 11/29/2012 2:37 am

redemption.

you look great! people just don't get what acne can do to you as a whole if they've never experienced the frustration, disappointment of regimens that just don't work.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/29/2012 6:35 am

I just can't believe it. I figured I'd be one of those people who would never get complimented on my skin. I had no idea how to react when she told me what beautiful skin I have.

Granted, I was wearing makeup. But usually you can see at least some discoloration through the makeup. However, now that I've been doing my regimen for a couple months, my skin has never been better and my skin actually looks good for once.

It's such an odd feeling...not having real acne anymore.

Having someone say that I had nice skin today made me realize that it's something I have always wanted someone to say to me. And after she said it, some of my students nodded in agreement!

Oh my gosh...surreal moment in my life. Crazy that something like getting rid of acne could impact me so much emotionally.

I attached a picture of what I looked like today to this post so that you guys could see smile.png

I truly hope everyone on this site can someday have this same experience! smile.pngpost-156579-0-48954900-1354134634_thumb.

Thats great, keep up the good work.

Attractive picture :)

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/29/2012 6:41 am

You look fantastic. Congratulations!

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 11/29/2012 9:04 am

heitea, your skin looks wonderful and your happiness definitely shows. Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing with us. :)

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 11/29/2012 7:49 pm

redemption.

you look great! people just don't get what acne can do to you as a whole if they've never experienced the frustration, disappointment of regimens that just don't work.

Yes! I have been disappointed so many times for so many years. It feels so good to finally feel this way.

Thanks so much! biggrin.png

heitea, your skin looks wonderful and your happiness definitely shows. Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing with us. smile.png

Siava, thank you! I'm glad my happiness shows! I hope that everyone who reads this can use it as a way to know that, they too, can feel the happiness and relief that comes with mostly clear skin!

You look gorgeous, hopefully in 10 years I'll be 70% to where you are, as for now I will keep dreaming for relatively clear skin.

I hope you find a regimen that works faster than 10 years! Keep working! You'll get it eventually if you work hard enough and are super diligent. It took me trying SOOO many different things to find what worked for me. And remember-- if you can dream it, you can do it! Seriously, as corny and lame as that sounds, it's true. I promise!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/29/2012 8:34 pm

congrats!!

MemberMember
(@murph89)

Posted : 11/29/2012 8:55 pm

congrats on the PERFECT FLAWLESS BABY SKIN!

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 11/29/2012 9:16 pm

congrats on the PERFECT FLAWLESS BABY SKIN!

haha....it's not perfect or flawless...I still have some scarring (unevenness). but thank you! :P

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 11/29/2012 10:34 pm

your skin DOES look good! and you have very beautiful eyes, they look so feminine! overall, you look great :) (lol i hope this doesnt sound too creepy)

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/29/2012 10:47 pm

Looks too good, even with the fluorescent lighting.

:)

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:24 pm

You're completely gorgeous. I'm glad you're feeling strong and that you got a compliment.

This happened to me once--and only once, lol. It was during a period of time where I had done a lot of healing and somehow managed to get my skin 100% clear--although I was still on BP then. I was checking someone out at the store I worked at and the woman was buying a lot of skin-care stuff. I picked up one of the creams and made some comment about how I loved it and it smelled good and she kind of scoffed and said "I'm sure someone with perfect skin like you would never need this stuff."

I nearly cried. And sadly, I went off BP awhile after that and began breaking out again.

I am determined to get back to a place where random strangers will compliment my skin--but without the harsh medications.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 11/30/2012 9:34 am

your skin DOES look good! and you have very beautiful eyes, they look so feminine! overall, you look great smile.png (lol i hope this doesnt sound too creepy)

Not creepy at all! Everyone likes a compliment! :P

Looks too good, even with the fluorescent lighting.

smile.png

Yeah, I'm always worried about fluorescent lighting...it's the worst. It can really bring out imperfections and discoloration. I'm always afraid that I'll look completely different at work than I did when I got ready in my own bathroom.

You're completely gorgeous. I'm glad you're feeling strong and that you got a compliment.

This happened to me once--and only once, lol. It was during a period of time where I had done a lot of healing and somehow managed to get my skin 100% clear--although I was still on BP then. I was checking someone out at the store I worked at and the woman was buying a lot of skin-care stuff. I picked up one of the creams and made some comment about how I loved it and it smelled good and she kind of scoffed and said "I'm sure someone with perfect skin like you would never need this stuff."

I nearly cried. And sadly, I went off BP awhile after that and began breaking out again.

I am determined to get back to a place where random strangers will compliment my skin--but without the harsh medications.

Yeah, every time I use BP it dries my skin out. I'm using it now but only every other 2 days. It IS harsh....unfortunately... because it works...

But yes! It is wonderful to get those kind of compliments from random strangers! Good luck to getting back there! :D

Also--

I tried the holistic/natural route once! It totally worked, and my skin was awesome (I have a gallery of my progress linked in my sig). Plus, I was super healthy and never ate anything bad. AND I exercised a lot. I felt so great about myself. I would like to combine all the good eating and exercise with the skin regimen I'm doing now to get SUPER good results.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 12/04/2012 6:59 am

So, uh, I think Karma thought I was bragging....because my hormones decided to give me three under-the-skin zits, which I proceeded to try and pop. This left me with one of the worst scab-zits I've ever had. :( Worst thing ever to have been clear and then have it all taken away. Dangit. This is super sad for me....