Notifications
Clear all

Getting Dairy Back To Diet After 10-11 Mounths!

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/28/2012 5:19 am

Hey i want to try to add back dairy to my diet since i don't think its what caused my acne. Im just a little scared, how much should i start with? And will my body get a shock and break me out bad?

Hope you can help.

Btw. gluten and unhealthy blood sugar levels was what caused my acne.

MemberMember
(@tweaker123)

Posted : 11/28/2012 5:54 am

if youre breaking out right now ,i wouldnt. i would start gradually adding dairy when your face is clear, so you know exactly that dairy is causing your acne. also remember to pick good sources of dairy. raw milk, grass fed butter. etc. i wouldnt touch fat free milk.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/28/2012 6:39 am

I'd say keep dairy out just for general health, regardless of acne.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:20 am

Did i forget to mention im clear? :D Thats why i want to add it back, i think it contributed. But it was never the root problem!

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:49 am

Did i forget to mention im clear? biggrin.png Thats why i want to add it back, i think it contributed. But it was never the root problem!

May be have a reward meal once a week and see how u get on

I train a lot so i eat a solid diet. However once a week i will have 1 meal (not the whole day) just one meal where i eat what i want. Normally in the form of the fattest pizza i can find and chocolate for afters.

Try getting your dairy fix that way. It is only meal which should allow you to gauge if it will have any long term effect.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/28/2012 12:55 pm

If constipation is an issue dairy will make it worse also calcium is a zinc antagonist required for healthy skin.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/28/2012 2:27 pm

Dairy will raise your blood sugar levels regardless if you are sensitive to it or not. There is no point in re-including dairy in your diet. There are lots of good tasting dairy alternatives like almond milk and coconut milk.

The human race was not created to drink any milk past the age of weaning, and especially not cow's milk. There is no dietary reason or health reason to eat or drink dairy, especially if it is pasteurized, not grass fed and hormone filled. Please heed this warning, keeping dairy out of your diet will have tremendous long term health benefits that don't even have to do with acne.

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/28/2012 4:24 pm

Dairy will raise your blood sugar levels regardless if you are sensitive to it or not. There is no point in re-including dairy in your diet. There are lots of good tasting dairy alternatives like almond milk and coconut milk.

The human race was not created to drink any milk past the age of weaning, and especially not cow's milk. There is no dietary reason or health reason to eat or drink dairy, especially if it is pasteurized, not grass fed and hormone filled. Please heed this warning, keeping dairy out of your diet will have tremendous long term health benefits that don't even have to do with acne.

Totally agree but it is intergrated into western life it's hard to escape.

I'll just add if someone cannot go without dairy then do 1 reward meal once a week.

I follow this without any adverse effects. A reward meal also tricks the metabolism to effecient when on a reduced energy nutritional plan, acts as good refeed but more importantly it has huge mental benefits as in it keeps people motivated when on a set plan.

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 11/29/2012 9:34 pm

If you want to add dairy I might start with cultured dairy, such as milk kefir or yogurt. If you have no problems with those, then you could try dairy with more lactose in it.

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/29/2012 11:17 pm

If you want to add dairy I might start with cultured dairy, such as milk kefir or yogurt. If you have no problems with those, then you could try dairy with more lactose in it.

Oooh I forgot about kefir. If you really must have dairy, yes, choose the kefir. It is a "superfood" and it is usually 99 percent lactose free (the hard to digest sugar)

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/30/2012 1:39 am

Oooh I forgot about kefir. If you really must have dairy, yes, choose the kefir. It is a "superfood" and it is usually 99 percent lactose free (the hard to digest sugar)

Actully i drink water kefir everyday. I want to try eating yourghurt i don't think its going to make things worse!