Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
natwats96

Side Effects From Taking Prednisone While On Accutane

I just started my second month of accutane: first month-40mg once a day 2nd month-30mg 2x a day. My derm prescribed prednisone today and I was wondering if anybody could share their side effects while taking Prednisone. I am mostly concerned with a change in weight. I have heard mixed reviews about it and I am nervous to start it. If anyone could PLEASE share their side effects, positive or negative, it would be greatly appreciated!

Today is my second week on Accutane + Prednisone. I'm on 40mg 2x a day for the Accutane and 10mg every other day of the Prednisone. Besides the usual Accutane side effects I think the only side effect I got from the Prednisone so far was for the first 2-3 days I was able to feel myself beathe, it felt kind of weird but it's all good now and back to normal, probably was just adjusting to it. If you notice a sudden change in weight whether gaining or losing just stop the Prednisone, it isn't necessary but can help with the initial breakout.

Edited by Nick A