Notifications
Clear all

Blackhead Dilemma!

MemberMember
(@ascanigirlcomcast-net)

Posted : 11/27/2012 10:07 pm

I think I may have accidentally posted in my blog rather than in a message board but I have a BIG problem with blackheads. They're everywhere! I'm on accutane and hoping to get rid of them asap.

Does anyone who has taken or is taking currently have any stories or personal experiences with their blakheads? I've read through some other posts getting mixed options.

Do they fall out? Do you wake up with them gone? Do you have to exfoliate them off? How long does it take? 2 weeks? A month? If anyone could share that would be greatly appreciated, Just looking for a little reassurance!

MemberMember
(@siava)

Posted : 11/28/2012 6:34 pm

As your skin dries out they'll likely appear to be bigger, but don't fret! That's a good thing. Sometimes you can feel them if you touch your face. Use your fingertips gently while showering and they'll work themselves out eventually. Some may literally fall out. Some will need fingertip exfoliation over time. Whatever you do, DO NOT squeeze your skin while on this stuff in an attempt to remove them. The skin gets too fragile and you'll wind up super pissed at yourself.

Sorry, but I can't tell you how long this process takes. Everybody reacts a bit differently so time frames vary.

MemberMember
(@cortneyleah01)

Posted : 12/03/2012 8:40 pm

My dermatologist told me they will come out with time. She said probably a few months. I didn't have very noticeable blackheads before Accutane and my pores were pretty small. Everything has seemed to get more pronounced since starting Accutane, but she said this was normal and everything is coming to the surface. She said they'll come out, just wait. And DONT use a pore strip on them. Your skin can't handle that right now. Just wait!