Notifications
Clear all

2 Months Of Using Differin (With Picture)

MemberMember
(@nazneen-rahman)

Posted : 11/27/2012 6:01 am

Hello everyone,

I never really followed any treatment properly in my whole life cause I was too lazy to put myself through the whole process and I was expecting too much in a short time. Well this is probably the first treatment I followed so religiously and I am so happy I didn't give up.

I was prescribed 5% BP(morning), tetracycline(twice a day for one month) and Differin 0.1%(night).

I started the treatment on 25th September 2012 and it has been 2 months.

Here is my skin before I started differin. I had moderate acne according to the dermatologist.

post-186726-0-63604300-1354014567_thumb.

Yes there was a HORRIBLE initial breakout within a week of starting the treatment. I actually came to know about acne.org during my desperate search to find out if I should continue the treatment or not. I got cystic acne during the initial breakout which I NEVER got before. They hurt so bad. My initial breakout lasted 2 weeks. Here is my skin during that time. You can see how bumpy my skin looks.

post-186726-0-65938800-1354014934_thumb.

I am so glad I did not give up. My skin is getting better and better. No more painful acne! just scars which will fade with time! Here is my skin now.

post-186726-0-61363300-1354015041_thumb.

I hope this helps, differin worked really well for me. Its all about being patient and using little at a time. I also took omega 3 pills. Let me know your experiences and if you have any questions feel free to ask. Good luck!:)

post-186726-0-63604300-1354014567_thumb.

post-186726-0-65938800-1354014934_thumb.

post-186726-0-61363300-1354015041_thumb.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 12/02/2012 10:01 am

Hey there that is an amazing progress :) there is definately a HUGE improvement, Im so glad it is working for you.

I am actually using Differin 0.1% aswell at night this is my 4th week of using it. I have been quite apprehensive with it though, the first week I used it only every third day, the second week I used it every second day and the same with the third week. I have started using it ever night but have noticed I am peeling alot more, I can't really tell if it is working yet or not. I guess your right about being patient. I just be patient.

Did you experience peeling of the skin aswell?

MemberMember
(@nazneen-rahman)

Posted : 12/02/2012 11:15 pm

Hey thanx for the reply. ^^

Well its good to hear that you started slowly cause I didn't and I got a massive initial breakout because of that i think. I actually cried.lol Your skin is supposed to peel when you use differin cause what it does is increases your skin cell's shedding process to bring new cells to the top. But if you use a really good moisturizer it should stop. I used dexeryl but I think cetaphill is a goood alternative. Don't give up on it seriously. I saw soo many weird things happen to my skin which caused me to freak out several times but Im glad I didn't stop. So don't worry about the peeling. When my initial breakout was over a couple of weeks later my pores got HUGE. Then it went away. So don't worry if that happens to you too.:P good luck!:) btw your skin will become very sensitive first so make sure to use sunscreen when u go out and a gentle face wash(i use dove sensitive skin bar) plus moisturizer.:)

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 12/04/2012 12:57 pm

I don't actually have a good moisturiser, currently im just using jojoba oil on extremely dry patches in the morning after I cleanse with water..seems to be working alright. This is my 5th week and Im noticing alot of tiny little spots forming...do you think thats my skin purging? They are tiny and around my T-zone area mostly. It is a bit disheartening and discouraging. At the moment Im using it like 3 days in a row and taking a day off and repeating that.

Your skin look really good btw :) are you still using the BP in the morning? I am going to the doctors on Wednesday, and Im thinking about getting that too and using it maybe in the morning.

MemberMember
(@nazneen-rahman)

Posted : 12/08/2012 10:59 am

Thanks! I guess everyones reaction to differin is different cause I don't really remember getting tiny spots instead I got HUGE painful bumps under my skin. And yes I do still use bp in the morning only on the pimples I have. I think you should give it a lil more time and be patient. You can't really tell unless you complete 3 months of using differin. I honestly thought it wasn't gonna work for me first so you never know.:) good luck!

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/14/2012 1:16 pm

Missac- many people find Jojoba to cause breakouts, even though it's supposed to be the closest to natural sebum. If you are still having this issue, you may want to try another oil. Everyone is a bit different, and I have found that Hemp oil is excellent as a moisturizer, non-greasy and keeps my skin soft without clogging pores. You can search for the comedogenic scores of different oil and see what could be a better choice for you. Jojoba filled and blocked every pore on my face. ick!

Once I found the right oils for my skin, there was NO purging. Just clean, tiny pores, and no oiliness- EVER. It only takes a week to know if an oil is right for you.

MemberMember
(@misssac17)

Posted : 12/14/2012 1:34 pm

Missac- many people find Jojoba to cause breakouts, even though it's supposed to be the closest to natural sebum. If you are still having this issue, you may want to try another oil. Everyone is a bit different, and I have found that Hemp oil is excellent as a moisturizer, non-greasy and keeps my skin soft without clogging pores. You can search for the comedogenic scores of different oil and see what could be a better choice for you. Jojoba filled and blocked every pore on my face. ick!

Once I found the right oils for my skin, there was NO purging. Just clean, tiny pores, and no oiliness- EVER. It only takes a week to know if an oil is right for you.

Thankyou for this :) because I do find it weird that whenever I use jojoba oil I seem to break out, and it is right that my pores are a bit clogged. I used it today and noticed that it made some of my spots more red... I noticed Argon oil did this to me too :/

The problem is I find MOST commercial moisturisers with many ingredients in them don't work well with me, and they make my skin irritated. It sucks because I do have pretty drying skin :/

Thankyou though, I will look into different oils and try and find the one which will suit me better...I just figured everyone would be able to accept jojoba oil since most people rave about it you know?

MemberMember
(@jwaltersrn)

Posted : 12/14/2012 2:00 pm

Yeah, I heard amazing things about it too. I tried it and my pores were immediately gunked up. I swear, as soon as I found the right oil combination the results were INSTANT. I will never ever use another commercial product again.

Just the OCM followed by my cleanser (ONLY 3 ingredients in it). It has made the skin on my face that is not in active breakout absolutely flawless.