Oily Skin On And Ar...

Notifications
Clear all

Oily Skin On And Around Nose

MemberMember
(@siy)

Posted : 11/27/2012 1:03 am

I'm currently taking minocycline tablets and epi-duo cream. However I find during the day my skin is constantly oily especially around the nose and also on it. Other hot spots include my chin and forehead. How do I try and stop this? Usually I wipe it off with my fingers every 10 minutes or so, and also try to wash my face often. Is this the best course of action or the worst? I am nearing 16 years old. Thanks.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/27/2012 1:40 am

Dont wipe with fingers, they have oils n bacteria too.

MemberMember
(@siy)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:54 am

Dont wipe with fingers, they have oils n bacteria too.

Should I wipe with anything else or not at all?

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:04 am

dont wipe..

moisturize

use AHA

your skin will become less oily with an improved diet.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/27/2012 8:22 am

If you feel your skin oily rinse with tepid water tru out the day.

MemberMember
(@lekry)

Posted : 11/27/2012 7:57 pm

Wash your face twice a day only. I know it feels like you've got to wash every time you start to get oily, but you don't. And doing so more than twice, could result in irritation which can flare up a break out. Be gentle, don't use products with a gritty texture, and keep your hands off of your face. A recommended course of action to take is to wash gently with a mild cleanser ( no soap ) before school followed by a light moisturizer. And then before bed, gently wash, follow with an acne treatment you feel will work for you for example a topical benzoyl peroxide, and then followed by a moisturizer. Remember to be gentle, and let your skin dry before proceeding with the next step. If you're interested, you could even buy oil blotting sheets at like any store. Just don't use your hands or "rub". Pat your skin gently! Good luck. (:

MemberMember
(@siy)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:02 am

Wash your face twice a day only. I know it feels like you've got to wash every time you start to get oily, but you don't. And doing so more than twice, could result in irritation which can flare up a break out. Be gentle, don't use products with a gritty texture, and keep your hands off of your face. A recommended course of action to take is to wash gently with a mild cleanser ( no soap ) before school followed by a light moisturizer. And then before bed, gently wash, follow with an acne treatment you feel will work for you for example a topical benzoyl peroxide, and then followed by a moisturizer. Remember to be gentle, and let your skin dry before proceeding with the next step. If you're interested, you could even buy oil blotting sheets at like any store. Just don't use your hands or "rub". Pat your skin gently! Good luck. (:

Good advice thanks :) What moisturizers and cleansers do you recommend? I don't use anything else apart from my minocycline and epiduo, should I be using other stuff as well?

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:06 am

Dan's moisturizer and cleanser are amazing.

I don't use "two pumps" as the bottles direct, instead I sparsely spread it around my face.

MemberMember
(@lekry)

Posted : 11/29/2012 7:17 pm

Dan's moisturizer and cleanser are amazing.

I don't use "two pumps" as the bottles direct, instead I sparsely spread it around my face.

I actually am using the regimen as well, so that's what I'd recommend. But you do not need to use his stuff to get clear. Since you already have a gel like treatment, all you need is a cleanser and definitely a moisturizer. Don't use a medicated face wash since you're already using medication. Specific products Dan recommends for men are Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser or Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. and for women: Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser, Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, Netrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, and Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Wash. As for moisturizers stay away from some that may be medicated too like with salicylic acid. Dan recommends Moisturizers made specifically for the face. The word "non-comedogenic" on the label. and Jojoba oil as an ingredient if possible. I don't have any recommendations on moisturizers because I've hated every one I've used off of store shelves. :b

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/29/2012 7:59 pm

Moisturizers are tough. My skin doesn't like moisturizers, and the only one it can handle is AHA+ from the DKR line of products.

Peoples' skin are very different across the board. My skin is naturally very oily, so I suspect if I never use BP gel, I would not need moisturiser. A healthy oil balance is good, however, the BP line keeps my skin a bit dry, and so I must use AHA+. Moisturiser is tricky because it can actually promote clogging of pores in some cases.

Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser or Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash. and for women: Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser, Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, Netrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser, and Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser Wash.
MemberMember
(@winie)

Posted : 12/05/2012 4:56 am

I use physiogel for facial cleanser and its very mild on skin and can be used to your entire body if you want. And apply argan oil for moisturizer, it also helps lighten my acne scars.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/08/2012 1:57 pm

I'm currently taking minocycline tablets and epi-duo cream. However I find during the day my skin is constantly oily especially around the nose and also on it. Other hot spots include my chin and forehead. How do I try and stop this? Usually I wipe it off with my fingers every 10 minutes or so, and also try to wash my face often. Is this the best course of action or the worst? I am nearing 16 years old. Thanks.

zin on and around body. cleared my acne

MemberMember
(@fatlever)

Posted : 08/16/2019 5:13 pm

Same issues, accutane is what finally helped me.

MemberMember
(@hannahdavids)

Posted : 06/03/2020 11:29 pm

Make sure not to touch your skin as that deposits skin and bacteria onto it. I really like to use a mask made of egg whites. It really helps to absorb excess oil while tightening your skin and pores.

MemberMember
(@roosjonsin)

Posted : 02/14/2023 5:13 am

Oily skin on and around the nose is a common skin concern. This can be caused by excess sebum production, hormonal changes, genetics, or other factors. To manage oily skin, it is recommended to use gentle cleansers, avoid harsh or alcohol-based products, and use oil-free moisturizers and sunscreen. Regular exfoliation can also help to unclog pores and prevent breakouts. Additionally, incorporating a healthy diet and reducing stress can also help to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin.