Notifications
Clear all

Would You Rather Wear Makeup?

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 11/26/2012 9:49 pm

Would you be willing to ditch your makeup altogether if it meant having 90% clear skin? Or would you rather wear makeup that gives you a glow and evens your skin, but leaves you only 80% clear? But you look almost 99% clear with it on?

After much struggle, I've decided 80% with makeup to look 99%.

MemberMember
(@adhpn7)

Posted : 11/26/2012 10:10 pm

I would rather have no makeup, since I really don't try to cover my acne cause I'm lazy lol. I like to play up my eyes the most. It'd also be nice not having to wash off foundation every night!! :P

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 11/26/2012 10:53 pm

I would rather have clean skin considering I don't even wear makeup. Haha

MemberMember
(@hunyeo)

Posted : 11/27/2012 12:08 am

Make up! Id rather have 80% clear skin than going out without make up.. Really

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 11/27/2012 1:19 am

I would rather wear makeup. :)

MemberMember
(@flaxen)

Posted : 11/27/2012 1:17 pm

I agree I'd rather wear make up and have 80% clear skin to look 99% than have 90% clear skin. But I also wish I didn't have to choose! Some people don't realise how lucky they are... Also, I'm not convinced that makeup actually makes my skin worse anyway? When I was younger I went through a phase (over a year) of not wearing any makeup at all because I was desperate to clear my skin up but I regret it now because I don't think it helped at all and it just meant I felt hideous and depressed. My skin got better when I started wearing makeup again but that was also when I started bp...

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/27/2012 3:00 pm

If you mean concealer........and powder and such....I would choose to have clear skin. But not the DULL, RED, DRY looking slash OILY skin that is currently on my face whenever I get clear on BP. So, I choose clear skin, though I doubt I'd be happy because it would not 'glow'

MemberMember
(@nfamousjade)

Posted : 11/27/2012 3:33 pm

NO MAKE UP ALL DAY! LOL It's the best feeling to wake up to a fresh face that doesn't need anything on it. It makes life incredible simple. I love it.

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 11/28/2012 2:06 am

I wear BB cream and it gives my skin an incredible tone and I just adore it. Of course I think I look okay without it but, once you get used to the look of a bit of makeup it looks strange without it. Right?

MemberMember
(@lildropofsunshine)

Posted : 11/29/2012 6:21 pm

I'd rather not wear makeup (except for special occasions)...but with the way my skin is now, that's not gonna happen for quite a long time.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/29/2012 8:45 pm

i would soo rather be 90% clear and not feel the need for makeup.. its such a nuisance all i wanna do is not be a slave to makeup anymore that would be heavenly

MemberMember
(@blissbalance)

Posted : 11/30/2012 10:43 pm

I would ditch the make up, which is what I am doing right now! I've covered my skin for far too long and the make up has only made it worse (ALWAYS). So I'm ditching it and I honestly don't want to wear foundation for as long as I live, and blush, and bronzer..

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 12/22/2012 3:00 pm

Seems like the overall consensus is everyone wants to ditch makeup! What if no one ever had to see you without makeup on? What if you could "hide" I guess, but no one would ever have to know what you really look like?

It sounds wrong but on some level but, why not?

MemberMember
(@bmariewantsnoacne)

Posted : 12/22/2012 5:01 pm

It is so much simpler to go without makeup and cuts out a lot of time getting ready. :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/29/2012 8:44 am

Make up never seemed to affect my skin.

MemberMember
(@michellekl77)

Posted : 12/29/2012 10:29 pm

I would love to feel confident enough to not wear makeup, I do notice a difference in my skin if I don't wear makeup for a few days, but I cannot leave the house without concealer.

MemberMember
(@abigailwheeler)

Posted : 12/30/2012 11:33 am

I love make up... But I also love being able to not wear it. When I was suffering really badly with acne I was completely afraid of wearing any make up at all, despite my derm telling me it wouldn't aggravate my skin (I still don't believe her...)

I've actually written a blog post about not wearing make up and having acne if anyone is interested... http://abi-girl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/going-without-make-up-bare-faced-freedom.html

Does anyone have any solutions to having dry skin as a result of acne treatments and compatible make up for this?

MemberMember
(@lostanddelirious)

Posted : 01/14/2013 7:55 pm

I really rather not wear foundation everyday.

MemberMember
(@nicmic62)

Posted : 03/15/2013 2:07 am

I can't stand wearing anything heavy on my face. I usually just do mascara and my brows. No to foundation if its possible. :)

MemberMember
(@helton)

Posted : 03/15/2013 10:57 pm

Hmm, I would prefer 90% clear skin over 80%.

I am in the situation where my skin is like 70%, but looks 80%~90% with foundation on.

It's great for the days when I am using it, but it's very mind wrecking on the days that I don't.

And I only use my foundation like, twice a month on special occasions, haha sad.png

But meh, I am still really grateful there's foundation to help me look normal smile.png