Notifications
Clear all

Lavender Essential Oil

MemberMember
(@sperovic)

Posted : 11/26/2012 7:22 pm

Hi, guys! I've recently started up using 100% pure lavender oil on my skin and just wanted to share my experiences so far.

I tried tea tree oil in the past with no success (and ended up with contact dermatitis), and since then didn't really think twice about using any sort of essential oil. Recently, I remembered reading about the benefits of lavender oil for the skin, and seeing as I had nothing to lose, I went and bought some.

Since I started adding 1 drop of the lavender oil into my moisturiser (Moogoo Acne Cleansing Cream) and my clay mask, I've noticed that my scarring has begun to finally fade. I don't know if this is just me imagining things or if it's the oil working its magic. I also use the oil neat on active pimples and within a day the inflammation and redness has reduced drastically - even on those big, painful, under-the-skin lesions! Furthermore, I've noticed when you apply the oil after popping a pimple, it really helps to heal the lesion quickly and there isn't a red mark/scar left behind. Not only has it been helping my face, but it's also really helped my sleep, which is fantastic as I've had insomnia for years!

Have any of you guys had any experience with lavender oil? I'd love to hear your stories or experiences with it or any other essential oils. :-)

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/26/2012 8:13 pm

hello! I bought my LO two days ago because my right cheek was inflamed with at least 5 huge, red pimples and already I can see a huge improvement. I just mix mine with jojoba oil and apply it twice a day and instantly it reduces the itchiness and calms my skin down! I love it so far :) I'm excited to see after a week or so how effective it'll be. Tea tree oil actually burned my skin couple years back and left dark marks and this (I even applied it directly) didnt burn or irritate!

MemberMember
(@sperovic)

Posted : 11/26/2012 8:19 pm

Wow, that's awesome to hear! I've only been using lavender oil for a few days too and I'm already noticing positive changes. :-)

I noticed that with TTO as well; I found that when applied neat, it would cause a burn and make my skin red and begin to peel. Lavender oil doesn't do that at all, which is great! Best of luck with your new regime!

MemberMember
(@cutiebear)

Posted : 11/26/2012 8:26 pm

Thanks so much!! YOU TOO! you can also add it to your toner! I did that last night and usually when I sleep I feel oily and itchy lol and I didn't this time! I put some underneath my nostrils to so that I could sleep better, and boy did I sleep like a baby ^_^