Notifications
Clear all

Can Acne And Depression Be Related?

MemberMember
(@gman89)

Posted : 11/26/2012 6:31 am

This is very left field and I have no idea what my stance is on this, but when researching how the gut affects acne I briefly skimmed across a sentence that said our mood can influence the level of certain compounds our body generates and I began to draw analogies.

Incidentally, I do suffer from a moderate level of depression and anxiety that are not necessarily caused by my acne but other elements in my life. It's hard to actually rationalize this as a reason though, since it's very difficult to try and think back what my mood was like when my skin was clear and not clear etc. And even then, I know I've had moderate/severe acne for many years now and am a bit skeptical that psychology ON IT'S OWN would have such a detrimental effect to my skin, even if it exacerbates it a bit.

Probably a long shot, but can anyone say with some degree of certainty that a shift in mood made a NOTABLE difference in their skin?

MemberMember
(@taned)

Posted : 11/26/2012 6:44 am

Yes, toats. Since Acne can be hormonial and hormones have impact on brain chemistry -> can set off physical problems.

MemberMember
(@gman89)

Posted : 11/26/2012 6:50 am

I guess I'm more interested in the extent. If I was to be super happy could I be 100% clear in theory? I'm convinced that it might have some part, but 100% clear (something on that order) is what I'm trying to gain perspective on.

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 11/26/2012 7:45 am

Some ppl has dramatically improved their acne with just de stressing themselves, http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.php?20140-Using-Law-of-Attraction-to-cure-acne/page4&highlight=acne. I too have had improvements when my stress levels is low.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/26/2012 7:55 am

Yes. We are also less likely to care proper care of our skin when we are depressed, less likely to be out in sunlight (which can help our skin in small doses), and less likely to eat well. Also any number of psychiatric meds have acne listed as a side-effect.

MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 11/26/2012 7:59 am

It's an interesting idea. I think the link would be stronger for depression being caused by acne though. It would be hard to study/test the reverse relationship - how much is acne development/severity influenced by presence/absence of depression. I suppose it makes sense though as links with emotions/stress and hormones are linked to acne.

MemberMember
(@sum1killme)

Posted : 11/26/2012 12:20 pm

Yea

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:49 pm

Simply by meditating and achieving restful awareness, all suffering including depression can be relieved.

Don't try to blame your depression on something else.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/27/2012 6:21 pm

Simply by meditating and achieving restful awareness, all suffering including depression can be relieved.

Bullshit. Bullshit and dangerous.

My depression/mental health disorders are caused by chemical imbalances that are caused by faulty wiring. Born with some of it and other glands/chemical/hypocampus etc stuff was influenced by outside trauma. Saying that it's all in your head and can be "cured" with meditation is highly offensive, cruel, and beyond that, idiotically simplistic.

You should be careful. We have lots of members here who tread the lines of mental health (myself included) and do not take kindly to being told we are making it all up. (Or else just so deluded that we haven't tried "thinking" about it the "right" way.) Some of us have earned our places in our recovery through blood, sweat, and tears.

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/27/2012 6:33 pm

Blame depression on something else? Erm, depression wouldn't be there if wasn't for the problem.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 11/27/2012 7:08 pm

I think depression and anxiety can cause acne. And acne can cause depression and anxiety. So everything just sucks.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/28/2012 7:06 pm

Gut problems are definitely related to both acne and depression. And then you have the fact that hormones can also mess with your mind and cause depression, especially for women around that time of the month. And THEN on top of that, there's the fact that acne itself makes us depressed, and that stress (depression is stressful) causes more acne flares.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 11/28/2012 8:01 pm

Bullshit. Bullshit and dangerous.

My depression/mental health disorders are caused by chemical imbalances that are caused by faulty wiring. Born with some of it and other glands/chemical/hypocampus etc stuff was influenced by outside trauma. Saying that it's all in your head and can be "cured" with meditation is highly offensive, cruel, and beyond that, idiotically simplistic.

You should be careful. We have lots of members here who tread the lines of mental health (myself included) and do not take kindly to being told we are making it all up. (Or else just so deluded that we haven't tried "thinking" about it the "right" way.) Some of us have earned our places in our recovery through blood, sweat, and tears.

I was excepting someone to say that ;).

I do apologize, it isn't something you can just understand in few sentences, so for many you'll see it as threatening.

Since "most" typical people have this belief system that, there is brain and thats all it is, as if we do not even have control over our consciousness.

You are aware, you are conscious of each of your decisions, and you can control yourself, despite the so called our major brain stem which functions for survival mechanism, which most people are being controlled by. It brings seperation and self identity, since it is essential for survival.

Wondering off to the future, we experience a psychological fear due to the attachments and conditioning we have made through our life. Most people are not aware of this, I was not either. We survive, or strive for success, fame, power, money, reputation... If someone praises you, and you feel good, or if someone insults you, you feel bad. That means, your own sense of stability and security is based and influenced externally. You are just striving to be seen as "good looking, rich, powerful, (any other pointlessness known as attachment), so when you are unable to achieve that sense of security (not looking good enough, not being good enough), you feel threatened, fear is manifested, depression, anger... so on...

We are talking about the root problem here, not about how severe your body reacts to such feelings of insecurity, because without them it wouldn't need to be depressed in the first place.

We've been taught what would make us feel good, and what would not, then we are given to chase after the good and run from the bad. Even the love we know is conditioned and revolves around possessing one another.

If you checkout several theories from quantum physicists, they state that us consciousness (known as observer in their term), doesn't just disappear after the death of our brain. Observers exists throughout the universe, not just us.

These theories identify a single universal, unified field at the basis of all forms and phenomena in the universe. At the same time, cutting-edge research in the field of neuroscience has revealed the existence of a unified field of consciousness a fourth major state of human consciousness, which is physiologically and subjectively distinct from waking, dreaming and deep sleep. In this meditative state, the threefold structure of waking experience the observer, the observed and the process of observation are united in one indivisible wholeness of pure consciousness. We present compelling theoretical and experimental evidence that the unified field of physics and the unified field of consciousness are identical i.e. that during the meditative state, human awareness directly experiences the unified field at the foundation of the universe.

John Hagelin Ph.D

At its base, the universe follows the seemingly bizarre and paradoxical laws of quantum mechanics, with particles being in multiple places spacer.gifsimultaneously, connected over distance, and with time not existing. But the œclassical world we perceive is definite, with a flow of time. The boundary or edge (quantum state reduction, or ˜collapse of the wave function) between the quantum and classical worlds somehow involves consciousness.

Particles exist simultaneously at multiple places, not in the same dimension. Through the perception of the observer however, the location of the atom is preferred to change. That has been the major part that amazed scientists. There's the unified field theory which was what Einstein was working on before his death, and now has been re established.

The key, von Neumann proposed, is the consciousness of the human observer”the one who looks at the coin or inside the box. Consciousness is not subject to the strictures of quantum rule because it is neither physical matter, nor is it restricted by time and space. The human observer, endowed with awareness, is a vital component in a quantum experiment and must not be ignored. Until a human being observes the system being measured, it remains the blurred quantum mixture of all the possible outcomes. When a conscious observation is made, all of these potential results collapse into the one that actualizes.

There are also several epi-genetic Russian Discoveries that point out the surprising facts about our DNA. A Russian study reveals that our junk DNA which covers 90% of our entire dna (non coding) resembles our spoken language. In addition, there is evidence for a whole new type of medicine in which DNA can be influenced and reprogrammed by words and frequencies -- WITHOUT cutting out and replacing single genes.

There is another phenomenon linked to DNA and wormholes. Normally, these super-small wormholes are highly unstable, and are maintained only for the tiniest fractions of a second, which emits a low frequency wave similar to the brainwave.

These Russian studies however, haven't been much revealed on the internet.

Sorry I had to write a lot, it's for those of you that are interested.

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 11/28/2012 8:26 pm

Restful awareness would not help clinically depressed nor would meditation!!!! I do both yoga and meditation but it was not these that stopped me from committing suicide. You do not know what depression is maybe....we are not talking here just being sad....

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 11/28/2012 8:51 pm

No. And stress doesn't cause acne. This is some of the stupidest stuff that keeps getting throw around the internet on holistic forums. Hormones cause acne, does stress raise your androgens? If so maybe impotent men just need to lose a job or two.

Just use your noggin. What is the most depressing and stressful thing you can possibly do? Fight in a war. Do soldiers come home covered in zits? no rich suburban kids with easy lives are the main sufferers

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/28/2012 9:16 pm

I was excepting someone to say that wink.png.

I do apologize, it isn't something you can just understand in few sentences, so for many you'll see it as threatening.

Since "most" typical people have this belief system that, there is brain and thats all it is, as if we do not even have control over our consciousness.

You are aware, you are conscious of each of your decisions, and you can control yourself, despite the so called our major brain stem which functions for survival mechanism, which most people are being controlled by. It brings seperation and self identity, since it is essential for survival.

Wondering off to the future, we experience a psychological fear due to the attachments and conditioning we have made through our life. Most people are not aware of this, I was not either. We survive, or strive for success, fame, power, money, reputation... If someone praises you, and you feel good, or if someone insults you, you feel bad. That means, your own sense of stability and security is based and influenced externally. You are just striving to be seen as "good looking, rich, powerful, (any other pointlessness known as attachment), so when you are unable to achieve that sense of security (not looking good enough, not being good enough), you feel threatened, fear is manifested, depression, anger... so on...

We are talking about the root problem here, not about how severe your body reacts to such feelings of insecurity, because without them it wouldn't need to be depressed in the first place.

We've been taught what would make us feel good, and what would not, then we are given to chase after the good and run from the bad. Even the love we know is conditioned and revolves around possessing one another.

If you checkout several theories from quantum physicists, they state that us consciousness (known as observer in their term), doesn't just disappear after the death of our brain. Observers exists throughout the universe, not just us.

These theories identify a single universal, unified field at the basis of all forms and phenomena in the universe. At the same time, cutting-edge research in the field of neuroscience has revealed the existence of a unified field of consciousness a fourth major state of human consciousness, which is physiologically and subjectively distinct from waking, dreaming and deep sleep. In this meditative state, the threefold structure of waking experience the observer, the observed and the process of observation are united in one indivisible wholeness of pure consciousness. We present compelling theoretical and experimental evidence that the unified field of physics and the unified field of consciousness are identical i.e. that during the meditative state, human awareness directly experiences the unified field at the foundation of the universe.

John Hagelin Ph.D

At its base, the universe follows the seemingly bizarre and paradoxical laws of quantum mechanics, with particles being in multiple places spacer.gifsimultaneously, connected over distance, and with time not existing. But the œclassical world we perceive is definite, with a flow of time. The boundary or edge (quantum state reduction, or ˜collapse of the wave function) between the quantum and classical worlds somehow involves consciousness.

Particles exist simultaneously at multiple places, not in the same dimension. Through the perception of the observer however, the location of the atom is preferred to change. That has been the major part that amazed scientists. There's the unified field theory which was what Einstein was working on before his death, and now has been re established.

The key, von Neumann proposed, is the consciousness of the human observer”the one who looks at the coin or inside the box. Consciousness is not subject to the strictures of quantum rule because it is neither physical matter, nor is it restricted by time and space. The human observer, endowed with awareness, is a vital component in a quantum experiment and must not be ignored. Until a human being observes the system being measured, it remains the blurred quantum mixture of all the possible outcomes. When a conscious observation is made, all of these potential results collapse into the one that actualizes.

There are also several epi-genetic Russian Discoveries that point out the surprising facts about our DNA. A Russian study reveals that our junk DNA which covers 90% of our entire dna (non coding) resembles our spoken language. In addition, there is evidence for a whole new type of medicine in which DNA can be influenced and reprogrammed by words and frequencies -- WITHOUT cutting out and replacing single genes.

There is another phenomenon linked to DNA and wormholes. Normally, these super-small wormholes are highly unstable, and are maintained only for the tiniest fractions of a second, which emits a low frequency wave similar to the brainwave.

These Russian studies however, haven't been much revealed on the internet.

Sorry I had to write a lot, it's for those of you that are interested.

No.

What you're talking about is metaphysics, which is quite different from QUANTUM physics. Metaphysics is the attempt to stick a philosophical framework onto a physical one. That's New Age philosophy - which works as long as you leave room for the physical nature of having a body and having a fully lived human experience.

We haven't even figured out anything beyond quantum entanglement outside of the fact that it exists. Trying to say "THIS EXPLAINS EVERY HUMAN MALADY" would get you bitchslapped by any scientist worth their salt - and justly so.

I have done my research. A Brief History of Time. Alice in Quantumland - and the whole "What The Bleep Do We Know" thing - yeah, been there, done that. Was inspired to do my own research after that. Metaphysics is not the same as quantum physics and it's lazy to assume they are.

Beyond that, the idea that all anyone has to do is "harness the power of quantum physics/thinking/etc" is just another way of saying "You are too weak to let it go!" Some of us wound up with the issues we have through unspeakable abuses doled out to us by our families, our loved ones, and later from ourselves. To claim it's all in our heads - and all we have to do to move through it is to realize that - demeans the extremely real experiences we live with every. single. goddamn. day.

If your pain is mild enough to be soothed through mere meditation, consider yourself blessed. Allow for the possibility that some of us need more than a "positive attitude" to not die every day with what we wake up with.

And there is nothing wrong with wanting love, praise, positive attention. To deny that we need those things is to deny that you are human with needs and a baseline of positive interaction to stay healthy. If you do not wish to achieve that, then you are not a healthy person.

Also - there IS NO UNIFIED THEORY yet. String theory is not fully quantifiable. We can't run multiple tests to the same conclusions, over and over, covering vast bases of the theory. Therefore, it is not the magical "unified theory." There is none yet. Want science? That's it.

Also, I'm an atheist. Just because energy cannot be destroyed when it changes (i.e - when we die) doesn't mean that our "conscienceness" exists in any salable form after death. Claiming that we continue to exist in some manner as we are is trying to wrestle a single aspect of science onto another belief framework. Again, this can work - as long as you don't conclude that that single scientific "backing" proves the entirety of what it is - when it comes down to it - a belief framework.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 11/28/2012 9:58 pm

No.

What you're talking about is metaphysics, which is quite different from QUANTUM physics. Metaphysics is the attempt to stick a philosophical framework onto a physical one. That's New Age philosophy - which works as long as you leave room for the physical nature of having a body and having a fully lived human experience.

We haven't even figured out anything beyond quantum entanglement outside of the fact that it exists. Trying to say "THIS EXPLAINS EVERY HUMAN MALADY" would get you bitchslapped by any scientist worth their salt - and justly so.

I have done my research. A Brief History of Time. Alice in Quantumland - and the whole "What The Bleep Do We Know" thing - yeah, been there, done that. Was inspired to do my own research after that. Metaphysics is not the same as quantum physics and it's lazy to assume they are.

Beyond that, the idea that all anyone has to do is "harness the power of quantum physics/thinking/etc" is just another way of saying "You are too weak to let it go!" Some of us wound up with the issues we have through unspeakable abuses doled out to us by our families, our loved ones, and later from ourselves. To claim it's all in our heads - and all we have to do to move through it is to realize that - demeans the extremely real experiences we live with every. single. goddamn. day.

If your pain is mild enough to be soothed through mere meditation, consider yourself blessed. Allow for the possibility that some of us need more than a "positive attitude" to not die every day with what we wake up with.

And there is nothing wrong with wanting love, praise, positive attention. To deny that we need those things is to deny that you are human with needs and a baseline of positive interaction to stay healthy. If you do not wish to achieve that, then you are not a healthy person.

Also - there IS NO UNIFIED THEORY yet. String theory is not fully quantifiable. We can't run multiple tests to the same conclusions, over and over, covering vast bases of the theory. Therefore, it is not the magical "unified theory." There is none yet. Want science? That's it.

Also, I'm an atheist. Just because energy cannot be destroyed when it changes (i.e - when we die) doesn't mean that our "conscienceness" exists in any salable form after death. Claiming that we continue to exist in some manner as we are is trying to wrestle a single aspect of science onto another belief framework.

Not sure which part you are referring to as metaphysics, string theory, observer effect, and the unified theory are part of quantum mechanics.

True that, unified field theory isn't completely established, but it has been reworked by scientists. It still is a theory, an incomplete one, and again all those are theories. We are not capable of doing actual experiments or precisely measure each at the moment. My point wasn't in the copy past of the studies, it's just to give an insight that consciousness isn't what we normally think it is, if you are already aware of that, I am proud ;).

If you mean the first part on human consciousness and our mind, it's a spiritual idea. It's hard to directly explain it simply through just words if one side isn't interested. Simply by restful awareness and greater realization, you'd be able to tame suffering.

I've suffered from depression since childhood as well, I remember myself sitting down, questioning the existing of myself and the universe when I was 5, I had no idea scientific knowledge whatsoever at that time but was always a truth seeker.

I could go on speaking of the suicide attempts I've had, but that is the past, and I am aware of the now, the present moment, the moment which you see things as it is, hear it as it is, and sense it as it is without emotional baggage.

People blame what is surrounding them, they say, why does it have to be like that, why can I not be, why am I... I remember myself blaming my parents for not being like other parents, but that was because I compared and set an expectation. There is an expectation because of the attachment of wanting to have blessed parent who isn't so negative. Which is a rather silly thing to expect and necessarily attach yourself to, because you'll only end up suffering. When you just let go, and accept it as it is, see it as it is, with no value, that is de-attachment.

Possibilities are endless in this ever changing universe, attempting to cling to one thing and hoping it will stay that way forever is unnecessary.

That is the main critical reason of suffering. Whenever one suffers, easiest way of securing themselves back is comparison. It sets the blame off from themselves. One doesn't have to look at it as a problem, it's a problem when you make it one.

If there is such thing as karma, there is no bad karma. Without that depression, I wouldn't be aware of all this, I would just be another person led by delusion. I thank that, and I thank acne, without it I would be eating junk food like the rest.

Losing our loved ones, again that is a conditioned attached love. One wants to possess the other, keep them under their possession. They are attached to them, and a person who is easily attached, will also create conditioning. Unconditional Love is a de-attached love, it is the purest and the most true form. It means that the person's happiness wouldn't be influenced by the others because you are not attached. So even after losing them, they wouldn't create a forever emotional cling. Most importantly, a person will love another without conditioning, meaning no matter what the situation may be, there would be no exception but love. Try to not hold on to love, because the moment you try to grasp it, it will become a possession of attachment. Just simply experience and feel it purely, without any conditions,or exceptions.

Your senses can pickup whatever range of vibrational information, but it is up to you to interpret it. Interpreting it through attachment, and making it a problem, when all it really is a form of sound wave, a light particle, or a nervous sensation. If you are scared of death, you are attached to life. Not saying people should kill kill themselves because life is precious and should handle it with love. But even through de-attachment, you no longer fear death.

The concept of so called "no time" or that time isn't divided is because truly time isn't segregated into 3 divisions of past, present and future. Time is one entity, one experience and one reality. When our awareness leans toward the past, it is caught in greed, when it leans toward the future, it is caught in fear. When sitting in the present, it is inspired. When one leans towards fear, it jumps to greed. greed reduces the fear and brings you back to the reality.

Most people are now thinking of some fear about the future, and some desires about the future. Your fear is saying your fear will become the reality, while your desire says your desire will become the reality. Now back out from both of them fighting, and see the future without any projection. You will then see all of them without separation. One is simply synchronized into the another. Only when you are too caught in fear or greed, you see them as separate.

Restful awareness would not help clinically depressed nor would meditation!!!! I do both yoga and meditation but it was not these that stopped me from committing suicide. You do not know what depression is maybe....we are not talking here just being sad....

That is TRUE! Only if you are just meditating to temporarily escape from your suffering, you wouldn't see anything. Again, you are just "escaping".

Meditating and yoga, unless if you observe nothingness, and realize from it, meditation and yoga will be nothing more than something that would keep you temporarily away from depression, just like drugs, and other stimulants.

Unless if you practice the art of mindfulness, meaning deattachment and seeing and viewing everything as it is, you'll still be prone to depression.

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:20 pm

No.

Also, I'm an atheist. Just because energy cannot be destroyed when it changes (i.e - when we die) doesn't mean that our "conscienceness" exists in any salable form after death. Claiming that we continue to exist in some manner as we are is trying to wrestle a single aspect of science onto another belief framework.

Not sure which part you are referring to as metaphysics, string theory, observer effect, and the unified theory are part of quantum mechanics.

True that, unified field theory isn't completely established, but it has been reworked by scientists. It still is a theory, an incomplete one, and again all those are theories. We are not capable of doing actual experiments or precisely measure each at the moment. My point wasn't in the copy past of the studies, it's just to give an insight that consciousness isn't what we normally think it is, if you are already aware of that, I am proud wink.png.

If you mean the first part on human consciousness and our mind, it's a spiritual idea. It's hard to directly explain it simply through just words if one side isn't interested. Simply by restful awareness and greater realization, you'd be able to tame suffering.

I've suffered from depression since childhood as well, I remember myself sitting down, questioning the existing of myself and the universe when I was 5, I had no idea scientific knowledge whatsoever at that time but was always a truth seeker.

I could go on speaking of the suicide attempts I've had, but that is the past, and I am aware of the now, the present moment, the moment which you see things as it is, hear it as it is, and sense it as it is without emotional baggage.

People blame what is surrounding them, they say, why does it have to be like that, why can I not be, why am I... I remember myself blaming my parents for not being like other parents, but that was because I compared and set an expectation. There is an expectation because of the attachment of wanting to have blessed parent who isn't so negative. Which is a rather silly thing to expect and necessarily attach yourself to, because you'll only end up suffering. When you just let go, and accept it as it is, see it as it is, with no value, that is de-attachment.

Possibilities are endless in this ever changing universe, attempting to cling to one thing and hoping it will stay that way forever is unnecessary.

That is the main critical reason of suffering. Whenever one suffers, easiest way of securing themselves back is comparison. It sets the blame off from themselves. One doesn't have to look at it as a problem, it's a problem when you make it one.

If there is such thing as karma, there is no bad karma. Without that depression, I wouldn't be aware of all this, I would just be another person led by delusion. I thank that, and I thank acne, without it I would be eating junk food like the rest.

Losing our loved ones, again that is a conditioned attached love. One wants to possess the other, keep them under their possession. They are attached to them, and a person who is easily attached, will also create conditioning. Unconditional Love is a de-attached love, it is the purest and the most true form. It means that the person's happiness wouldn't be influenced by the others because you are not attached. So even after losing them, they wouldn't create a forever emotional cling. Most importantly, a person will love another without conditioning, meaning no matter what the situation may be, there would be no exception but love. Try to not hold on to love, because the moment you try to grasp it, it will become a possession of attachment. Just simply experience and feel it purely, without any conditions,or exceptions.

Your senses can pickup whatever range of vibrational information, but it is up to you to interpret it. Interpreting it through attachment, and making it a problem, when all it really is a form of sound wave, a light particle, or a nervous sensation. If you are scared of death, you are attached to life. Not saying people should kill kill themselves because life is precious and should handle it with love. But even through de-attachment, you no longer fear death.

The concept of so called "no time" or that time isn't divided is because truly time isn't segregated into 3 divisions of past, present and future. Time is one entity, one experience and one reality. When our awareness leans toward the past, it is caught in greed, when it leans toward the future, it is caught in fear. When sitting in the present, it is inspired. When one leans towards fear, it jumps to greed. greed reduces the fear and brings you back to the reality.

Most people are now thinking of some fear about the future, and some desires about the future. Your fear is saying your fear will become the reality, while your desire says your desire will become the reality. Now back out from both of them fighting, and see the future without any projection. You will then see all of them without separation. One is simply synchronized into the another. Only when you are too caught in fear or greed, you see them as separate.

That is TRUE! Only if you are just meditating to temporarily escape from your suffering, you wouldn't see anything. Again, you are just "escaping".

Meditating and yoga, unless if you observe nothingness, and realize from it, meditation and yoga will be nothing more than something that would keep you temporarily away from depression, just like drugs, and other stimulants.

Unless if you practice the art of mindfulness, meaning deattachment and seeing and viewing everything as it is, you'll still be prone to depression.

I believe you have no idea what depression is.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:23 pm

I believe you have no idea what depression is.

Tell that to Buddha, monks, and enlightened masters, they'll agree smile.png.

Nah jk, but I have no interest in writing another post to explain what it is. You may find it yourself simply by googling the keywords I've used in my previous posts.

It's a very deep concept, getting into emotion and realizing how our mind works. It's not how we are taught to think it is suppose to be.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:23 pm

True that, unified field theory isn't completely established, but it has been reworked by scientists. It still is a theory, an incomplete one, and again all those are theories. We are not capable of doing actual experiments or precisely measure each at the moment. My point wasn't in the copy past of the studies, it's just to give an insight that consciousness isn't what we normally think it is, if you are already aware of that, I am proud wink.png.

People blame what is surrounding them, they say, why does it have to be like that, why can I not be, why am I...

All of the things you were previously talking about - the scientific studies, etc etc - those have a name. Quantum physics. Quantum entanglement. And further, quantum metaphysics (or how those theories affect the mind.) You would do well to research your own theories and at least be able to pinpoint their names. You sound like an idiot not knowing the umbrella terms of your own theories.

I'm going to be blunt. The outer influences of my depression and mental illness were caused by years of physical abuse (beaten with belts to the point of scarring), sexual abuse starting from my toddler years, and an unending line of blame from the adults in my life when I finally was able to confront it. It scarred me, mentally, physically, emotionally. It has been my personal crucible - and one in which I have nearly died, several times over, in recovering from. These are not light offenses that were committed and they have greatly contributed to my depression.

Do I blame that? Fuck yes, I do. To deny that it should have any impact on me as an adult would be DENIAL - and that, my friend, is exactly what landed those sick fuckers who hurt me in the place where they abused me. I will not be them. I will be brave and I will feel the pain, over and over and over again, as long as I live - because it hurts and because I am honest that it hurts.

Your ramblings of "comparisons" and "detachment" would only lead to me stuffing my feelings - to which, btw, I tried, too. I nearly killed myself AGAIN with a drug addiction that claimed every cell of my entire body for years. Pretending that it didn't hurt anymore in order to "be past it" was a failed - and dangerous - idea.

The main reason people suffer is because they hurt. Human beings HURT. It is part of who we are. It is part of what we do. We have an entire range of emotions - to cut out one simply because it's a "higher conciseness" is to deny who you are -

and that's human. I will NEVER be knocked down from that again. And I will be DAMNDED if I let those on this board feel as if they are being told that they need to deny it, too.

I don't believe in Karma. If I did, I'd believe that I brought on every single awful event visited to me as a child - and I didn't. The laws of attraction are bullshit in that it doesn't explain trauma, it doesn't explain abuse, it doesn't explain the trainwreck that human interaction often is. I have no patience for that line of thinking, nor for anything that leads along it.

I lost my father. I lost my mother. I lost so many of them through realizing that they were not safe. Am I destroying myself now because of those losses? No. Does it hurt? Yes. Will it always hurt? Yes. That's not "unhealthy", that's recognizing the importance and pull that family has on us. And THAT'S important.

The important thing is that I'm not dying anymore. But that does not defeat or minimize what it took to get here and what it takes to stay here. Saying "You don't have anything worth feeling that way about because it doesn't matter anyways!" is a bitchy and mean thing to say, even unintentionally.

Your way requires a complete denial of the grieving process - and even more dangerously, denies any need to do any work on healing outside of a simple "mental shift." That's dangerous. That's demeaning.

It's a great affront to many of us.

MemberMember
(@dejaclairevoyant)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:41 pm

Elsewhere I am so sorry for what you went through.

I actually understand both side of your debate and my views probably lay somewhere in the middle. I once had crippling depression for which I was heavily medicated and put in lockdown after suicide attempts, etc. I was able to get myself off medication and get myself better in many ways over the years. I'm actually incredibly optimistic and cheery most of the time now, which is sort of weird. But I definitely still struggle with self-esteem and low self worth. Maybe everyone does. I agree that trauma is something that you always feel and is a constant work in progress to deal with. There are things in my past that I've done years of therapy for and still suffer over to this day. Some things you don't just get over, but you can learn to accept them.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:55 pm

Elsewhere I am so sorry for what you went through.

I actually understand both side of your debate and my views probably lay somewhere in the middle. I once had crippling depression for which I was heavily medicated and put in lockdown after suicide attempts, etc. I was able to get myself off medication and get myself better in many ways over the years. I'm actually incredibly optimistic and cheery most of the time now, which is sort of weird. But I definitely still struggle with self-esteem and low self worth. Maybe everyone does. I agree that trauma is something that you always feel and is a constant work in progress to deal with. There are things in my past that I've done years of therapy for and still suffer over to this day. Some things you don't just get over, but you can learn to accept them.

Thank you, Deja. And I appreciate you sharing about your story, too - that's what makes this whole place turn. Us sharing our stories together. For the most part, I'm actually pretty cheerful, too. It's good for us to be able to reach a point where we can be irreverent and silly and live life beyond the trauma. That's healing. That's recovery. Invaluable and nesscary in learning how to live past the abuse.

This issue just happens to be one of my touchy ones - gets me fast. But I am really, REALLY glad that we are able to have this discussion. This is the support that keeps me coming back. This is why this place is home.

Though, Daft - I have to laugh about your bit about time. Time is only relative inside a large gravity well. (Caused by exponentially ever increasing speed or large bodies of mass/black stars/etc). That's the only place it speeds up/slows down/ acts in any way other than linear. All things tend towards entropy and decay - there is most definitely a past, present, and future. We can very easily track time in a linear, provable fashion.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 11/28/2012 11:10 pm

You sound like an idiot not knowing the umbrella terms of your own theories.

I'm going to be blunt. The outer influences of my depression and mental illness were caused by years of physical abuse (beaten with belts to the point of scarring), sexual abuse starting from my toddler years, and an unending line of blame from the adults in my life when I finally was able to confront it. It scarred me, mentally, physically, emotionally. It has been my personal crucible - and one in which I have nearly died, several times over, in recovering from. These are not light offenses that were committed and they have greatly contributed to my depression.

Do I blame that? Fuck yes, I do. To deny that it should have any impact on me as an adult would be DENIAL - and that, my friend, is exactly what landed those sick fuckers who hurt me in the place where they abused me. I will not be them. I will be brave and I will feel the pain, over and over and over again, as long as I live - because it hurts and because I am honest that it hurts.

Your ramblings of "comparisons" and "detachment" would only lead to me stuffing my feelings - to which, btw, I tried, too. I nearly killed myself AGAIN with a drug addiction that claimed every cell of my entire body for years. Pretending that it didn't hurt anymore in order to "be past it" was a failed - and dangerous - idea.

The main reason people suffer is because they hurt. Human beings HURT. It is part of who we are. It is part of what we do. We have an entire range of emotions - to cut out one simply because it's a "higher conciseness" is to deny who you are -

and that's human. I will NEVER be knocked down from that again. And I will be DAMNDED if I let those on this board feel as if they are being told that they need to deny it, too.

I don't believe in Karma. If I did, I'd believe that I brought on every single awful event visited to me as a child - and I didn't. The laws of attraction are bullshit in that it doesn't explain trauma, it doesn't explain abuse, it doesn't explain the trainwreck that human interaction often is. I have no patience for that line of thinking, nor for anything that leads along it.

I lost my father. I lost my mother. I lost so many of them through realizing that they were not safe. Am I destroying myself now because of those losses? No. Does it hurt? Yes. Will it always hurt? Yes. That's not "unhealthy", that's recognizing the importance and pull that family has on us. And THAT'S important.

The important thing is that I'm not dying anymore. But that does not defeat or minimize what it took to get here and what it takes to stay here. Saying "You don't have anything worth feeling that way about because it doesn't matter anyways!" is a bitchy and mean thing to say, even unintentionally.

Your way requires a complete denial of the grieving process - and even more dangerously, denies any need to do any work on healing outside of a simple "mental shift." That's dangerous. That's demeaning.

I would call it spirituality. That's the most simplest and meaningful name. I see it as truth, a truth in every existence but again it simply is a label of name. It wouldn't matter, see it and experience it yourself. There is NOT a one name I can easily describe all of this as, I could call it hindiusm? Buddhism? perhaps part of christianity (considering it isn't edited), taoism, and lot more. I do not know one true name, but they all share a very common belief. So I call it the truth, like Buddha did.

Buddha himself has went through much worse suffering than me you and most of us went. His story isn't just that "he escaped from his own family, and mediated under a tree". He would even eat just to keep himself alive, not for any other reason. Beyond what we see it as suffering, and he saw light, and claimed it and he only wanted to share and teach everyone the truth to happiness.

I will let few things pass, and get straight to the point.

People suffer because we are HURT. Physical hurt - where if reaches its maximium point we die, (car accident an example). I can have my bones broken and still live a happy life. Anyone can, and Buddha emphasized that enlightenment can be found under every circumstance (as long as you are conscious, because for depression and anger to exist, it must have a reasoning a past experience and memory), that is even if you have a disease. A physical pain doesn't not trigger anger, it doesn't trigger depression, it only triggers a physical sensation.

Anger, depression and such can be triggered if one makes attachment to other beliefs, for example blame whatever that they think was responsible for their disease, because in a sense they are denying what is now, and clings to perfect health. Not everyone can have perfect health, people are dying and are suffering from diseases throughout the world. That is life, and it has much possibilities. Why cling, desire and expect something to make it a core piece that makes up your security and stability.

By dillusion and illusion it is that, not realizing the truth.

It is not who we are, we really are nothing really. Truly a consciousness is formless, timeless, and nameless. That is us pure.

You are not considering the amount of media, and parent to child contact, they shape our mind from birth. Simple examples are (Look, sarah thats a pig, a pretty cute one, but run away from the spider it is ugly, or .... don't do that, that is right, that is wrong.., we have high expectations from you" such common quotes you would hear from parents.

If you see it all, you can actually see it shaping them from the start. Look at the world today, much wars, and suffering, competing for success. Selfishness, ego, and which all have been shaped by the society.

"And I will be DAMNDED if I let those on this board feel as if they are being told that they need to deny it, too."

Example of frustration and anger manifesting from attachment of desiring everyone to behave or believe one state. Let go, it's pointless, trust me, I've went through it all, I've experienced it, now that I look at it, I can see how stupid I was.

LoA is pointless, it can only bring more suffering, I've been there felt that. In reality, a happiness can not be found by having something, being something or being somewhere. True one can NEVER be like that. People believe the opposite, and that is a delusion.

You are free to believe anything you want, after all it is your life. These are your words, your thoughts, its all yours. In the end, would everything you've accomplished, did matter at all? It never will, every existence is temporary, even the memories and thoughts of every humanity on earth.

In this temporary existence, spread love, show compassion to those who are on the same road as you. If there is point, then that is the point, happiness and realizing the truth. You may not resonate with what I am saying at the moment, but that is alright.

"

"

Do you suffer? do you feel loved? but again, it is your life, you'll find it yourself, everything you need to find it is all already there. There is nothing that is important, only importance is happiness and love. You are thought to believe something is important by the media, or the society.

If you think it has anything to do with denial, you have got it wrong from the beginning. It is the opposite of denial, it is facing then realizing. I've been saying so much that it's not escaping or resisting against it.

What healing do you need to do outside? Your mind, your consciousness, in other words YOU are inside. Your happiness, your emotions, are all inside. The have no effect on you, until you are involved.

If you mean your physical body, then through de-attachment you wouldn't be addicted to drugs, smoking, alcohol, junk food, or any other things that keep our senses at pleasure...

I think that is far important for critical health than anything else.

I know that it's hard for you to quit them, or that your life would feel boring and plain. It would make you feel dead, in a sense. Without your ego, you are nothing.

I thought of that too, it's nothing like that. It's pure bliss of love all the time.

Well, I've said lot I could, I feel saying beyond this would be somewhat pointless and repetitive, considering the belief and the understanding of the other side is different. If you are in need of anything else. Google and research is your friend, I am sure you know what to search for.

You may find lot of others who are aware in this topic, they could answer for you. I am just one of the few on acne.org.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/28/2012 11:12 pm

You go on about your way.

I will do my best to ignore your presence. We'll both do better that way.

MemberMember
(@londoncat8)

Posted : 11/28/2012 11:23 pm

You sound like an idiot not knowing the umbrella terms of your own theories.

I would call it spirituality. That's the most simplest and meaningful name. I see it as truth, a truth in every existence but again it simply is a label of name. It wouldn't matter, see it and experience it yourself. There is NOT a one name I can easily describe all of this as, I could call it hindiusm? Buddhism? perhaps part of christianity (considering it isn't edited), taoism, and lot more. I do not know one true name, but they all share a very common belief. So I call it the truth, like Buddha did.

Buddha himself has went through much worse suffering than me you and most of us went. His story isn't just that "he escaped from his own family, and mediated under a tree". He would even eat just to keep himself alive, not for any other reason. Beyond what we see it as suffering, and he saw light, and claimed it and he only wanted to share and teach everyone the truth to happiness.

I will let few things pass, and get straight to the point.

People suffer because we are HURT. Physical hurt - where if reaches its maximium point we die, (car accident an example). I can have my bones broken and still live a happy life. Anyone can, and Buddha emphasized that enlightenment can be found under every circumstance (as long as you are conscious, because for depression and anger to exist, it must have a reasoning a past experience and memory), that is even if you have a disease. A physical pain doesn't not trigger anger, it doesn't trigger depression, it only triggers a physical sensation.

Anger, depression and such can be triggered if one makes attachment to other beliefs, for example blame whatever that they think was responsible for their disease, because in a sense they are denying what is now, and clings to perfect health. Not everyone can have perfect health, people are dying and are suffering from diseases throughout the world. That is life, and it has much possibilities. Why cling, desire and expect something to make it a core piece that makes up your security and stability.

By dillusion and illusion it is that, not realizing the truth.

It is not who we are, we really are nothing really. Truly a consciousness is formless, timeless, and nameless. That is us pure.

You are not considering the amount of media, and parent to child contact, they shape our mind from birth. Simple examples are (Look, sarah thats a pig, a pretty cute one, but run away from the spider it is ugly, or .... don't do that, that is right, that is wrong.., we have high expectations from you" such common quotes you would hear from parents.

If you see it all, you can actually see it shaping them from the start. Look at the world today, much wars, and suffering, competing for success. Selfishness, ego, and which all have been shaped by the society.

"And I will be DAMNDED if I let those on this board feel as if they are being told that they need to deny it, too."

Example of frustration and anger manifesting from attachment of desiring everyone to behave or believe one state. Let go, it's pointless, trust me, I've went through it all, I've experienced it, now that I look at it, I can see how stupid I was.

LoA is pointless, it can only bring more suffering, I've been there felt that. In reality, a happiness can not be found by having something, being something or being somewhere. True one can NEVER be like that. People believe the opposite, and that is a delusion.

You are free to believe anything you want, after all it is your life. These are your words, your thoughts, its all yours. In the end, would everything you've accomplished, did matter at all? It never will, every existence is temporary, even the memories and thoughts of every humanity on earth.

In this temporary existence, spread love, show compassion to those who are on the same road as you. If there is point, then that is the point, happiness and realizing the truth. You may not resonate with what I am saying at the moment, but that is alright.

"

"

Do you suffer? do you feel loved? but again, it is your life, you'll find it yourself, everything you need to find it is all already there. There is nothing that is important, only importance is happiness and love. You are thought to believe something is important by the media, or the society.

If you think it has anything to do with denial, you have got it wrong from the beginning. It is the opposite of denial, it is facing then realizing. I've been saying so much that it's not escaping or resisting against it.

What healing do you need to do outside? Your mind, your consciousness, in other words YOU are inside. Your happiness, your emotions, are all inside. The have no effect on you, until you are involved.

If you mean your physical body, then through de-attachment you wouldn't be addicted to drugs, smoking, alcohol, junk food, or any other things that keep our senses at pleasure...

I think that is far important for critical health than anything else.

I know that it's hard for you to quit them, or that your life would feel boring and plain. It would make you feel dead, in a sense. Without your ego, you are nothing.

I thought of that too, it's nothing like that. It's pure bliss of love all the time.

Well, I've said lot I could, I feel saying beyond this would be somewhat pointless and repetitive, considering the belief and the understanding of the other side is different. If you are in need of anything else. Google and research is your friend, I am sure you know what to search for.

You may find lot of others who are aware in this topic, they could answer for you. I am just one of the few on acne.org.

Good luck!

it was all just said by a machine, robot...something else....hardly human...!!