Notifications
Clear all

Acne Is Disappearing Like Magic!

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/26/2012 2:51 am

Hey i have not had new breakouts in many days now. Things i have changed recently cutted out: All gluten, all sugar, and carrots.

I have also stopped washing my face twice a day. Now i just wash my face every night with warm water and then splash with cold and moisturize with extra virgin olive oil. I have totally clear skin now, all i have is hyperpigmentation but its less and less everyday i look in the mirror!

What am i doing right?

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 11/26/2012 4:15 am

I also heard from a family friend that extra virgin olive oil has been helping with her acne alot, how long have you been using it for?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/26/2012 10:14 am

I have been using it morning and night in 2 mounths. But now i only use it at night, i think it has helped to find my natural PH balance. My goal is to only use it 2-3 times a week without feeling my skin is drying out too much. And after i stopped using it in the morning my skin looks somehow better, i think its because i let it breath more maybe!

MemberMember
(@tony1990)

Posted : 11/27/2012 4:48 am

Do you leave it on overnight?

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/27/2012 5:05 am

Do you leave it on overnight?

Yes, extra virgin olive oil is the closest you get to the skins natural oils. It may take some weeks before i can start using it only 4-5 times a week, but as long as i don't breakout that doesnt matter. But my goal is to be able to go out wash my face anywhere and don't have to use all these topical treatments!

MemberMember
(@tweaker123)

Posted : 11/28/2012 8:08 am

low carb is why..

just like me, when i cut out pretty much all carb sources except low gi veggies. i clear up, but its not sustainable, you will feel like shit and depressed without carbs. even if youre in ketosis. just like everyone else that goes low carb.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/28/2012 12:57 pm

Olive oil contains linoleic acid and vitamin e. Both helps prevent acne.

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 11/29/2012 9:46 pm

Try eating honey (a decent amount, without food), that'll determine whether or not its a sugar problem. Keep in mind that starch is a whole different issue. Carrots don't seem like they would be a problem.

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 11/29/2012 10:50 pm

I'm very scared to put EVOO on my face. I don't know.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/30/2012 1:40 am

Try eating honey (a decent amount, without food), that'll determine whether or not its a sugar problem. Keep in mind that starch is a whole different issue. Carrots don't seem like they would be a problem.

I'm very scared to put EVOO on my face. I don't know.

I am almost 100% sure carrots makes me breakout on the chin.

I was scared to try olive oil too, but i think its the best decision i probably made.

MemberMember
(@cosmic-crusader)

Posted : 11/30/2012 10:19 pm

I just completed 4 months of daily carrot juicing (1 quart/day) and my skin is completely clear. I still get the one or two during my cycle, but it's a massive improvement from when I began. I had cut gluten and am already vegan. Religiously low glycemic load brought minor relief. Now I'm eating gluten, nut butter (!!), and even occasional sugar/junk with no skin reaction! I think it may be about healing your digestive tract, amping your nutrient stores/correcting deficiencies, and balancing hormones!

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 11/30/2012 11:55 pm

I just completed 4 months of daily carrot juicing (1 quart/day) and my skin is completely clear. I still get the one or two during my cycle, but it's a massive improvement from when I began. I had cut gluten and am already vegan. Religiously low glycemic load brought minor relief. Now I'm eating gluten, nut butter (!!), and even occasional sugar/junk with no skin reaction! I think it may be about healing your digestive tract, amping your nutrient stores/correcting deficiencies, and balancing hormones!

Yeah you're exactly right. I wish I had a juicer :(

What kind of improvement did you see after 1 month? I think I'll try this when I'm on break for holidays. Though I'd need to figure out a way to do it without a juicer...

MemberMember
(@cosmic-crusader)

Posted : 12/01/2012 12:08 am

Yeah you're exactly right. I wish I had a juicer :(

What kind of improvement did you see after 1 month? I think I'll try this when I'm on break for holidays. Though I'd need to figure out a way to do it without a juicer...

I used a blender the first month (granted, it was a vitamix), straining the juice and it was a pain in the ass, but it worked. The juicer I'm using now is from amazon and it was about $90.

The first month was frustrating because my skin immediately became worse (within the first week), and I felt a little sick also. This is the rebound healing reaction, apparently. Month two and on I had only improvements, month three being the most dramatic. I am so excited I can finally wear a little powder without breakouts at the end of the day.

I don't know how long the results will last but I'm aiming for a 6 month course; I'm treating it like accutane. It is an investment of time but it seriously works.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/01/2012 1:39 am

low carb is why..

just like me, when i cut out pretty much all carb sources except low gi veggies. i clear up, but its not sustainable, you will feel like shit and depressed without carbs. even if youre in ketosis. just like everyone else that goes low carb.

I would say that you feel those lows because you're not getting enough protein and fats. I too cut out all grains but make sure I get 1 gram/per lb of body weight of protein. I also supplement my EFA's - Omega 3's/6's.

Yeah you're exactly right. I wish I had a juicer sad.png

I used a blender the first month (granted, it was a vitamix), straining the juice and it was a pain in the ass, but it worked. The juicer I'm using now is from amazon and it was about $90.

The first month was frustrating because my skin immediately became worse (within the first week), and I felt a little sick also. This is the rebound healing reaction, apparently. Month two and on I had only improvements, month three being the most dramatic. I am so excited I can finally wear a little powder without breakouts at the end of the day.

I don't know how long the results will last but I'm aiming for a 6 month course; I'm treating it like accutane. It is an investment of time but it seriously works.

You're taking out a lot of nutrition and good fiber by taking out the pulp! I wish I had a vitamix - plan on buying one soon. But I would eat all of the veggie pulp: The fiber tremendously helps with digestion.

MemberMember
(@cosmic-crusader)

Posted : 12/01/2012 2:44 am

You're taking out a lot of nutrition and good fiber by taking out the pulp! I wish I had a vitamix - plan on buying one soon. But I would eat all of the veggie pulp: The fiber tremendously helps with digestion.

I generally would agree with you but I'm juicing 5lbs of carrots a day for 6 months :o and literally would not be able to drink that quantity of juice + its pulp.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 12/01/2012 3:43 am

I generally would agree with you but I'm juicing 5lbs of carrots a day for 6 months gasp.gif and literally would not be able to drink that quantity of juice + its pulp.

Why are you juicing carrots;and lot of them! Carrots are a high GI vegetable which spikes your insulin, which aggravates acne. My predication right now is your carrot regimen is going to fail (sorry). Yeah, you're getting some vitamins and minerals, but since your not even eating the pulp you're really causing high insulin surges to your system.

If I were you, I would start juicing more greens. Nice bitter green medicinal plants such as kale, cabbage, etc... Also, you're not even getting that many nutrients because the nutrient content of the plant/vegetable depends on how healthy the soil was where it was grown. Most mass produced produce has very bare, minimal, amount of nutrients it should have. You've never had a carrot until you've eaten one that was grown on organic soil with all its mineral nutrients in it. Carrots at the grocery store should be labeled as "Orange Sticks."

MemberMember
(@steamroom)

Posted : 12/01/2012 9:42 am

Low carbs = Low blood sugar = No need for hormone insulin to work.

Most people who do notice acne due to sugar isn't simply because it is sugar... but it is because sugar is a carb. And on top of that, table sugar gets released into the blood stream super fast causing the release (actually, a spike because it is so fast) of insulin which is a hormone.

Body fighting for equilibrium + Hormones = Acne.

Eating fiber slows down the digestive process so it reduces the chances of spikes. Also eating fats with or before carbs helps lower a spike too - in fact I have heard you do not get a spike when you mix the two.

MemberMember
(@cosmic-crusader)

Posted : 12/01/2012 12:03 pm

Why are you juicing carrots;and lot of them! Carrots are a high GI vegetable which spikes your insulin, which aggravates acne. My predication right now is your carrot regimen is going to fail (sorry). Yeah, you're getting some vitamins and minerals, but since your not even eating the pulp you're really causing high insulin surges to your system.

If I were you, I would start juicing more greens. Nice bitter green medicinal plants such as kale, cabbage, etc... Also, you're not even getting that many nutrients because the nutrient content of the plant/vegetable depends on how healthy the soil was where it was grown. Most mass produced produce has very bare, minimal, amount of nutrients it should have. You've never had a carrot until you've eaten one that was grown on organic soil with all its mineral nutrients in it. Carrots at the grocery store should be labeled as "Orange Sticks."

I am using carrots specifically because of their nutrient combo (beta carotene, b vitamins, etc). It is a short term treatment; I will go back to a variety of green smoothies after the six month period. I realize what you're saying, but I'm completely clear from this :] so I'm confident it is more complex of an issue than simply GI load. And I can get down on organic produce; I grow my own :] and agree with you about their nutrient concentration being much higher and more complete than non-organic or even GMO. However in general I believe that non-organic is better than nothing.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/01/2012 12:08 pm

Low carbs = Low blood sugar = No need for hormone insulin to work.

Most people who do notice acne due to sugar isn't simply because it is sugar... but it is because sugar is a carb. And on top of that, table sugar gets released into the blood stream super fast causing the release (actually, a spike because it is so fast) of insulin which is a hormone.

Body fighting for equilibrium + Hormones = Acne.

Eating fiber slows down the digestive process so it reduces the chances of spikes. Also eating fats with or before carbs helps lower a spike too - in fact I have heard you do not get a spike when you mix the two.

Very usefull post thanks man! I don't even doubt about its the insulin in my body that spikes too much and gives me acne!

I have not broken out in 1 week now.

Tommorrow i go buy mulberries, Chromium supplement and cinnamon to help my blood sugar. I am so fucking happy i finally found the cause of my acne.

It has been a long process but i fucking did it!

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 12/01/2012 4:26 pm

Yea it's the human homeostasis, Sugar = insulin.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/02/2012 2:13 am

I have clear skin in december and theres snow everywhere!!! i can't tell you people how happy i am!!!! :D

MemberMember
(@kitkat7)

Posted : 12/02/2012 1:33 pm

I seem to be able to drink carrot juice without much of problem. Fruit smoothies however do cause breakouts for me.

MemberMember
(@steamroom)

Posted : 12/02/2012 8:23 pm

I am using carrots specifically because of their nutrient combo (beta carotene, b vitamins, etc). It is a short term treatment; I will go back to a variety of green smoothies after the six month period. I realize what you're saying, but I'm completely clear from this :] so I'm confident it is more complex of an issue than simply GI load. And I can get down on organic produce; I grow my own :] and agree with you about their nutrient concentration being much higher and more complete than non-organic or even GMO. However in general I believe that non-organic is better than nothing.

Yeah no problem man.

Try not to overload carbs in one meal, and definitely try to consume certain carbs with good fats like maybe a couple of spoons of Avocado.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 12/02/2012 11:23 pm

I'm doing a pretty similar thing. No carbs, no gluten or dairy and a lot of good healthy tablets. I have a leaky gut that was caused from a previous infection I somehow picked up and I'm working on fixing and healing my gut and getting rid of the infection to get rid of my acne. Also found out I'm allergic to dairy and possibly gluten.

Really glad I saw/seeing my current nutritionist at the place I go to. So grateful.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 12/03/2012 2:28 am

UPDATE: I have no acne, and i have started washing my face every second day without any breakouts. But im from the north so the weather seem to dry my skin out alot so at the moment im fighting to find my skins natural moisture and not fighting acne anymore!

Also i have started to take cinammon, chrom and magnesium to help my blood sugar find balance.