Notifications
Clear all

Accutane For Moderate. Acne Log, Updatded Daily, With Pictures.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 11/25/2012 8:36 pm

Don't really feel like getting to much into detail. Never really had acne on my face it was always on my chest had it for about 3 years on my chest until it got really bad. Went to the derm he gave me minocyline.(at the time I had very mild acne) went on the minocyline my chest cleared up about 80% and my face however got worse. Continued taking the minocyline for about 5 months, only to see worse results(expect for my body acne). Than It started pretty much taking over my life, I was obsessing over it, anything that I ate the only thing I could think of, am I going to break out? When I slept I always thought of, 'am I going to get pimples if I sleep on my left or right side?' Nothing seemed right, I was drinking nearly a gallon water of day. I mean that was good but It was getting to a point where I only did it because I wanted to be clear and I would even sit in sometimes when my friend's went to go hangout and drink a few beers because I didn't wanna break out, so it also kept me from going out. days where I would just sit inside my room pretty damn depreessed. I've done tons and tons of research on acne, I just want to live without it and not have it on my mind. (please note that I have it on my back and I won't be posting pictures because I can't seem to get a good picture by myself)

After all that I got prescribed accutane, 30MG twice a day probably will be bumped up. anyways here at the pictures of day 1

Right side of my face -

01b6t.jpg?1

Left side

pwlgf.jpg?1

9TxDv.jpg?1 (corner of my nose broken out)

Q7yAU.jpg?1

Chest - (there is actually MANY little bumps that don't show up in the picture)

ib3OC.jpg?1

~wish me luck.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 11/26/2012 9:18 am

-- ALL INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED HERE --

- Day 1 - No side effects, My face has seen some new pimples on my left side, I have noticed that pimples are coming to a head super fast, the pre-existing pimples have pushed out. Overall my face looks slightly worse than it did pre-Accutane

-Day 2- No side effects still, break on my nose the left corner has improved a ton, new pimples are going away, some peeling in places where I had old breakouts, overall not bad. Feeling positive. thats about all.

Day 3 - Skins looking better, I feel better. no chapped lips hardly any side effetcs, so far only thing I've seen is that small areas of my face have become flaky, and some parts of my face are red. That's about it !

Day 4 - Skin's looking better, my face is starting to get pretty damn flaky, no big deal nothing some nivea can't help, first time I had minor chapped lips, aquaphor took it right away and I got a small headache that lasted for about an hour and that went away. overall nothing that's unbearable

Day 5 - Seems to be working ! Skin's dry/tight, chap lips hardly any. nothing else to report so far so good ! new pictures have been posted!

Day 6 - Nothing to report flaky skin, hardly any chapped lips, seems to be working. feel great no new break outs

Day 7 - Flaky skin, semi chapped lips, hardly any new pimples, out acne is clearing up nicely, I am very happy!

Day 8 - I still get pimples, but it's like my body rejects them they are for a day one almost a day later are ready to come out, it's great. less flaky skin, less chapped lips-

Day 9 - Nothing new to report - flaky that's it

Day 10 - Day 9 - Nothing new to report - flaky that's it.

Day 11 - Blackheads that I haven't seen before are becoming visible? flaky, very positive smile.png-

Day 12 - Skin is flaky, dry lips not to bad, skins looking a lot better, I see a lot of  blackheads that I haven't seen before, I'm guessing they're making there way out.(hope so) that's about all!

Day 13 - Chest is slighty broken out, the right side of my face has almost cleared up ! left side still needs some work, flaky skin as usual and some chapped lips as usual. so far it's been great. new progress pics have also been posted.

Day 14 - Nothing really new, a lot of blackheads are being visible, guess they're pushing there way out! staying strong.

Day 15 - Wow I was right, the blackheads are starting to pour out of my skin, I almost got out 10 of them today! haven't been flaky at all, and chapped lips are going away also

Day 16- Day 16 - Ehh last day and a half skin isn't looking as great as it was. Blackheads are literally pouring out of my skin I've been able to get 20+ (my nose) and I was a person who didn't have almost any blackheads prior accutane! Nose is really soft! I was tweezing my eyebrows and I squeezed my skin in between my eyebrows and left me with 3 big cuts, so my skin isn't looking to good. Chest I think may or may not be experencing an IB.

Day 17- Nothing new to report same as day 16, blackheads are still coming out everywhere, it's like im breaking out in blackheads?? Lol idk I guess they were under  my skin I hope this just gets everything up. Staying strong.

Day 18 - Going out with a few friends tonight and having a few beers, going to miss a pill. Slighty discouraged right now. Didn't think I would have to be on this for more than 3 months but it looks like things are starting to get worse. I still have ways to go! and on a better note, only thing I've experienced as far as side effects go; chapped lips(not to bad) and flaky skin(moderate)

Day 19 - Oh man not a very good last few days. Getting a TON of these weird pimples on my back and neck area, there very very smally but very bumpy, they're like in my skin and they aren't red it's really hard to explain but very annoying. Skins really dry, lips are chapped. Feeling really shitty overall. Blackheads appearing. Sides are my face are pretty good, forehead is pretty good(some blackheads on it not many like 5-6 small ones) Hoping this doesn't last long not very happy compared to around day 11

Day 20- Today things seem to be getting slighty better, hopefully not jinxing it. I am getting these small bumps in very weird places, on my ear lobes and behind my ear, very annoying. my face itself actually doesn't look to bad. Posting pictures later today. Chest looks alright, back however it a mess in my opinion sad.png. no side effects expect for chapped lips and and  dry skin .

Day 21 - Things are getting better, posting pics soon. Little bumps still remain but seem to be getting smaller? lol. the scratches in between my eyes are completely gone. I seen a picture of me from october and now. The improvement was amazing which gave me a lot of confidence. chapped lips weren't bad at all yesterday as long with  dry skin so it was a nice day. staying strong.new pics up today or tomorrow.

Day 22 - Nothing new to report really; little bumps still remain. few new pimpe in the middle of my head. not feeling to bad, not feeling to good. still waiting on that day.

Day 23 - Nothing new, little bumps are starting to fade, same old chapped lips and flaky skin.

Day 24 - Bumps going away, slowly, nothing else. staying strong! also, a lot of the blackheads are pretty much gone : )

Day 25 - Nothing new to report; went to the city saw the tree was really nice. was really cold feel like I'm getting sick. skin feels good though : )

Day 26 - I am sick, this sucks, day before X-mas eve have pretty nice looking skin and I have to be sick : ( same old chapped lips and dry skin.

Day 27 - Christmas eve and I am sick, this sucks. Skin looks nice tomorrow will probably do a little update. Shaved today and for the first time I felt cofident(shaving usually brakes me out) I have a great feeling it will be a clean shave. Tomorrow is suppose to be 1 month but I drank a few times and missed a few pills so I am about day and a half beind. wow 1 month already!

Day 28 - Just realized today should be day 29, oh well. well Merry x-mas skin doesn't seem to bad, however I am actually very sick now . going to see doctors tomorrow. skins seems alright which is really the only reason I don't mind it nearly as much as I would if I wasn't on accutane. anyways. new pictures soon.

Day 30 - Wow it's been a month already I feel like my skin has improved significanlty. So here's the break down of month 1. Started off pretty good, exsisting pimples started to get really flaky and just started to like peel off of my skin. My skin started getting really red around my cheeks(lasted for about 5 days) after it went away I started to experience moderator flaky skin which was taken care of with nivea. I didn't experience to much of chapped lips although it is exsisting it's fairly mild. I experienced a little Ib really wasn't bad at all and only lasted about 7 days. The only thing I am concered with was around day 20ish I started getting small bumps behind my ears and all over my back they're pretty itchy at times. the ones behind my ears and some off my neck basically went away with the exception of a few. Though my skin is looking better I still have a lot of work to do. well 1 month down. 30 MG twice a day. skin also is very sensitive, meaning I will bleed very easily.

Day 35 - Well well, I feel really good today skin feels amazing ! still dry and still mild chapped lips. still got these small bumps on my back and on my chest. The ones behind my ear are almost gone. I am not sick anymore =). Goung out for new years and it's going to great. Though unforunately I will be drinking so that means I will be missing a pill :\. I will not be updating this everday. I will be updating every other day or every 5 days as more happens in between

Day 36 - Skin got really really flaky today, probably because I went out drinking and beer and didn't have enough water in me :\. It's okay been applying nivea so I'm okay now. Skin looks pretty good. feeling good  no side effects to report

Day 42 - Here's the update. Well hasn't been a good last few days. Got huge 1 big ingrown zit on my chin which hurt so bad !! Going away now though. I got 3 pimples on my head and 1 on each side of my face. Whatever that's not the bad part. The bad part is that these little bumps have been coming back. I have them pretty much all over my back, some of my chest and now for some reason they are starting to cover my right arm. They are not inflammed, they're red, and they're not pus filled. You can barely see them but when you touch them they're bumpy. thet get ithcy at times. anyone

have any advice :s

Day 43 - Figured these little bumps look like an allergic reaction to something. They're all over my right arm, some on my left and a ton on my back. They are pretty itchy. I took a benedryll last night and it seemed to help about 35% of it. I only took one because It was late at night and it puts me into a deep sleep. I took 2 just now I'll let you know how that goes. As far as my skin, chest is def clearing up that's the good news.Face is about 90% clear, which is also the good news. It's just these damn bumps. Mild chapped lips and still moderator  dry skin

Day 45 - HEY. Good news saw my derm today. Blood test came out 100%! I was actually really surprised because I got my blood test on January 3, and I was drinking Decemeber 31(New Years Eve). Well here's what happened. She came in and was amazed how good my skin looked, she than proceeded to tell me that my blood work was fine and that she is probably going to take me off of this in 1 MONTH smile.png. So that will mean I am on it for a total for 90 days, 45 days left. Skin hasn't been as dry, chapped lips still mild, however I got a lot of bumps on my arms and they aren't acne. My derm said that I should use aquaphor on it she said ecezma bumps do occur while on accutane. No other side effects to report 

Day 63 : The whole reason why I didn't update this because nothing has been happening. I have not experienced any side effects expect for the ones that were very common. Chapped lips and dry skin, Oh I have gotten a total of 3 nose bleeds on this that lasted for about 3 minutes. This medicine has literally changed my life. I know everyone says that but I have a better example. I had a test that I couldn't pass since Junior year(thats 1 1/2 years ago) and just last week I was able to pass it. without this test I could not graduate highschool. Due to my skin I was able to focus more, be in school more, study more without having to worry about my skin. Now the only down side to this whole Accutane thing is that I have to apply Nivea about 2 times a day on MY WHOLE BODY. all over my arms, chest, back and at night just my face. This is the worst part about it. Guess what? IT'S NOT EVEN A BIG DEAL. I would do this everyday if I could keep the skin I have now. I have gotten little eczema patches on my arms and back. But they go away when I apply Nivea ritually. I won't be updating this often because there is nothing to report, no side effetcs, no negatives;NOTHING. Just clear skin smile.png

Day 71 - so I went to my derm everything came back completly normal. I have 19 days left of month 3 and she said she's going to give me another month and it will be the last month. She said everything on your face looks 100% cleared up but my chest wasn't exactly all there. She said in 4 months you should be fully cleared. So thats the verdict. 49 more days and I'm done !

Day 74: Missed a day due to going out with friends over the weekend . Chest is clearing up and face still looks really nice.

- The Verdict - I stopped updating because nothing new was happening.

Real side effetcs - Chapped Lips , Dry skin, Towards the end bloody nose about 2-4 week, Tiredness sometimes. That's ALL other effects have to be extremely rare, I did not experience nothing more these are easy side effects to take care of nothing extreme. This medicine changed my life! Even though my skin is not as clear now as it was on the accutane I am about 90% clear maybe 95%. I would truly recomemd this to ANYONE who thinks they need it. I did not have an inital break out and my skin was almost 100% clear in about 1 month and a half maybe a bit less. I was on the accutane for 4 months.

Thanks everyone who read this. any questions real free to post.

user101 liked
MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/26/2012 9:35 am

Keep us posted. Our logs here are invaluable to so many people who come to this site!

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 11/26/2012 1:38 pm

Will keep updated always.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 11/26/2012 9:42 pm

Pics will be added every 5 days or so.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:22 am

On my way to school, still nothing to report haven't experienced chapped lips.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 11/28/2012 9:07 pm

Day 2 over, still no side effects, face seems to look better.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 11/29/2012 9:16 pm

End of day 3 - Skins looking better, I feel better. no chapped lips hardly any side effetcs, so far only thing I've seen is that small areas of my face have become flaky! That's about it !

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 11/30/2012 5:56 pm

End of day 4 - Skin's looking better, my face is starting to get pretty damn flaky, no big deal nothing some nivea can't help, first time I had minor chapped lips, aquaphor took it right away and I got a small headache that lasted for about an hour and that went away. overall nothing that's unbearable.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/01/2012 5:58 pm

Day 5 - Seems to be working ! Skin's dry/tight, chap lips hardly any. nothing else to report so far so good ! new pictures have been posted

Chest (if it may seem clear but there are tiny bumps that the picture does not show)

qLI4t.jpg?1

drVEy.jpg?1

MX7id.jpg?1

MemberMember
(@saulrod)

Posted : 12/02/2012 12:01 am

Hey man, good luck w ur treatment.. Ur face is not bad at all bro so im sure this med is going to work for u.. I'm on week 7 and my face looks like shit hahah .. In with you on the drinking part man it's hella sucks not being able to drink.. My friends are always hittin me up to go drink and I use to go but it's boring not drinking plus they get hella annoying when there drunk and of course I'm the sober driver hahah I fuking hate it.haha

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/02/2012 12:06 pm

Hey man, good luck w ur treatment.. Ur face is not bad at all bro so im sure this med is going to work for u.. I'm on week 7 and my face looks like shit hahah .. In with you on the drinking part man it's hella sucks not being able to drink.. My friends are always hittin me up to go drink and I use to go but it's boring not drinking plus they get hella annoying when there drunk and of course I'm the sober driver hahah I fuking hate it.haha

Thanks! and yeah wow I couldn't of said it better sucks big time.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/04/2012 9:58 pm

Day 8 - I still get pimples, but it's like my body rejects them they are for a day one almost a day later are ready to come out, it's great. less flaky skin, less chapped lips. *concern* I've noticed that if I rub my head for about 10-15 seconds I look at my hand there's about 4-5 strains of hair, might just be losing my mind and might just be normal* please someone reply.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/07/2012 12:23 am

Sorry haven't been really up to date with this.

Day 12 - Skin is flaky, dry lips not to bad, skins looking a lot better, I see a lot of blackheads that I haven't seen before, I'm guessing they're making there way out.(hope so) that's about all!

new pictures tomorrow.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/08/2012 3:21 pm

Day 13 - Chest is slighty broken out, the right side of my face has almost cleared up ! left side still needs some work, flaky skin as usual and some chapped lips as usual. so far it's been great. new progress pics have also been posted.

Chest :

fMWeJ.jpg?1

Left side:

nIdan.jpg?1

Right side(85% clear!)

6Kqlo.jpg?1

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/09/2012 7:22 pm

Day 14 - Nothing really new, a lot of blackheads are being visible, guess they're pushing there way out! staying strong.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/11/2012 12:08 am

Wow I was right, the blackheads are starting to pour out of my skin, I almost got out 10 of them today! haven't been flaky at all, and chapped lips are going away also.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/12/2012 8:45 pm

Day 16 - Ehh last day and a half skin isn't looking as great as it was. Blackheads are literally pouring out of my skin I've been able to get 20+ (my nose) and I was a person who didn't have almost any blackheads prior accutane! Nose is really soft! I was tweezing my eyebrows and I squeezed my skin in betwene my eyebrows and left me with 3 big cuts on my head so my skin isn't looking to good. Chest I think may or may not be experencing an IB.

Things I've noticed while on medication - Skin is very sensitive. Meaning I will bleed very easy. Two I think my hair is growing at more of a rapid pace. (may be wrong)

Good news: Staying strong and being positive !

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/12/2012 11:31 pm

Here's a little update with pictures - not looking my best! but oh well staying postivie.

(Front, notice the 3 scratches in the middle of head, they're making my skin look worse than it is :( )

1oJen.jpg?1

(Left side) You can notice I got a few pimples and just today I have 5 little random pimples on my neck, thats actually very irregular to me.

qyf6U.jpg?1

And... Right side. Not to much to say, 100% my best looking side.

u3OS1.jpg?1

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/13/2012 8:12 pm

Day 17- Nothing new to report same as day 16, blackheads are still coming out everywhere, it's like im breaking out in blackheads?? Lol idk I guess they were under my skin I hope this just gets everything up. Staying strong.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/15/2012 1:24 pm

Day 18 - Going out with a few friends tonight and having a few beers, going to miss a pill. Slighty discouraged right now. Didn't think I would have to be on this for more than 3 months but it looks like things are starting to get worse. I still have ways to go! and on a better note, only thing I've experienced as far as side effects go; chapped lips(not to bad) and flaky skin(moderate)

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/16/2012 7:50 pm

Day 19 - Oh man not a very good last few days. Getting a TON of these weird pimples on my back and neck area, there very very smally but very bumpy, they're like in my skin and they aren't red it's really hard to explain but very annoying. Skins really dry, lips are chapped. Feeling really shitty overall. Blackheads appearing. Sides are my face are pretty good, forehead is pretty good(some blackheads on it not many like 5-6 small ones) Hoping this doesn't last long not very happy compared to around day 11

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/17/2012 1:43 pm

Day 20- Today things seem to be getting slighty better, hopefully not jinxing it. I am getting these small bumps in very weird places, on my ear lobes and behind my ear, very annoying. my face itself actually doesn't look to bad. Posting pictures later today. Chest looks alright, back however it a mess in my opinion :(. no side effects expect for chapped lips and and dry skin.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/18/2012 11:32 am

Day 21 - Things are getting better, posting pics soon. Little bumps still remain but seem to be getting smaller? lol. the scratches in between my eyes are completely gone. I seen a picture of me from october and now. The improvement was amazing which gave me a lot of confidence. chapped lips weren't bad at all yesterday as long with dry skin so it was a nice day. staying strong.new pics up today or tomorrow.

MemberMember
(@needadvice124)

Posted : 12/19/2012 8:49 pm

Day 22 - Nothing new to report really; little bumps still remain. few new pimpe in the middle of my head. not feeling to bad, not feeling to good. still waiting on that day.