Notifications
Clear all

I Don't Have The Motivation Anymore!

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 11/25/2012 2:00 pm

I am a common Asian 17 year old teenager who suffers from moderate acne from the age of 13, but it feels that I have suffered from acne ever since I was a fetus in my mother's womb.

Just like a normal human being, I am full of many ambitions. One of them is to have

a clear skin. But it seems that what they say about how ambition has its limit and how you can't make a frog fly perfectly describes my ambition. I feel like as if my ambition is far beyond reach and is too unrealistic. Why is it not so? I have been fighting my acne ever since it erupted. From cleanser to toner containing aha or bha or benzoyl peroxide, all of them have been painstakingly and meticulously applied to my skin in the hope that, with time, those acne will be killed in the protracted war. But the hope is just a hope.

Now, i am using 4 products in the morning and 5 products at night. I am using a mild cleanser, a toner that contains hamemilis and allantoin to counteract its irritation effects, moisterizer that contains also allantoin and hyaluronic acid and benzoyl peroxide 2.5. The addition product I use at night is glycolic acid 15. I have sticked with it for about a month now.

Of course I have seen results. But as the old ones are gone new ones arise. I am hopeless now. In my depressing life I live right now, there has been not a single problem and challenge which has shattered my soul to bit and pieces the way my acne problem does to me. I am a strong person but apparrently not strong enough to defeat my acne problem.

I feel like a living souless body. A body with spirit but the broken one. It is very hard to move on. I dont even have the confidence to look myself in the mirror or talk to people in person or even face my family members. Everywhere and everything feel insecure for me. Locking myself up in a dark room browsing with my laptop seems to be the only thing that gives me comfort and security. But i dont want to live like that for the rest of my life. I want to go out and be confident about my looks.

The Frustration is even more overwhelming for me in the society where korean culture especially k-pop become more popular. As you might have heard or seen, korean is known for their porcelain and flawless skin that is so beautiful that the secret to such a skin is often hailed as magic. It puts an even greater stress on me.

I am writing this to voice out my frustrations. It is quite long but this is what i have to write. The least that writing can do to me is ease myself so that the frustrations would not build up. Also, Knowing the fact that someone will read this would give me the motivation to live because at least, i have done something in life that other people would relate to and that is encouraging. So, thank you.

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/25/2012 2:30 pm

Want to get rid of your acne forever? Start curing it internally! All these chemicals, lotions, and potions will never CURE the root cause of what is causing acne. Just how like how Tylenol doesn't cure pain, only hides it; it's the same way how acne medication works.

If I can ask a question, where are you getting your acne? On your T zone? On your cheeks?

The way to cure your acne is to figure out WHY your skin is getting inflammation. Inflammation can only occur in the three ways. 1.) Rarely by entering through your skin. 2.) Sometimes through your respiratory system 3.) Most commonly something through your digestion.

Your acne is probably linked to something(s) in your diet. You need to fix whatever is causing this inflammation. e.g. Start eating VERY simple foods. Instead of eating a chicken fettechini, just eat chicken. I would eliminate all grains: Rice, Bread, Pastries, Pasta, etc.

Supplement: Vitamin A 20,000 IU, B-Complex, Zinc Picolinate 50 mg, Vitamin E, Magnesium, Vitamin B5, Whey Protein, 9-12 tablespoons EFA's, 80-100 billion units probiotics.

MemberMember
(@noseriki)

Posted : 11/25/2012 2:42 pm

Okay dude, listen to me and calm down. I have been where you are. First thing, you need to go drink a tall glass of water. Then sit down, close your eyes, and breathe. Separate yourself from your thoughts, step back and let them pass through your mind with no judgement. They are simply constructions of the mind and they have no real power over you. You cannot change what pops into your head, but you can change how you react to it.

Next, you're using way too much shit on your skin. Just like me, you're trying to find that magic bullet. But it exists within you. I'm on the way to clear skin, and I did it by getting rid of all those topicals and creams and antibiotics and all that shit. I don't even use a cleanser. I just use water and a moisturizer. And I stopped picking and I tried to let my skin do its thing because our body knows how to repair itself on its own. After seven months, when all the shit got out from under my skin, I can see results like no topical has ever given me. I'm not saying this will work for you, but you've tried everything else, so why not try this. A good diet and exercise and regular sleep is also important. But most important, you must change the way you're reacting to this. When you respond with so much stress, you're hormones explode and your skin in turn does the same. All these products are not helping you, please trust me. You need to take a more natural, holistic approach. It will take a long time to see results, but be patient, and like me, you will escape this hell.

Read this: [Removed]. This girl has the right idea. Pleae give it a chance. And read about the concept of "mindfulness." This will help you mentally through this battle. Don't give up hope my friend.

MemberMember
(@angelys682)

Posted : 11/25/2012 3:12 pm

Hi Yeon,

I do understand how you feel. I came on to this site today crying my eyes out. I thought my face was getting better the past few days and then an explosion happened over night, but I do have confidence that we will all make it through these dark days. Some days I am able to ignore and others, it hits me real hard. I know the agony seems endless, but I am confident that it will come to an end. I have watched my mother and others go through the same thing, and they have beautiful skin now!

I am going to try Accutane as soon as the dermatologist clears me for it. Have you tried Accutane? It is worth a shot if you haven't. I know it worked for my mother and several of my daughter's friends.

I know keeping a positive mindset is hard, but please do your best to do so. I am constantly reminded of how stress can negatively affect your skin. I have just recently joined this site, and it has helped me a lot. Sometimes just venting helps calm me down. Like NoSeRiki said, Don't give up!

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 11/26/2012 8:29 am

Thx for the support and advices I have acne mainly on my temple area and cheeks. I havent tried accutane before. Care to explain anyone?

@overfl00d Do u have acne problem and do the remedies you described helpful to your acne problem?

One more question, one pimple actually bursts when I gently washed my face this morning. Blood comes out and then a clot is formed shortly. Is this normal?

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/26/2012 8:42 am

Thx for the support and advices I have acne mainly on my temple area and cheeks. I havent tried accutane before. Care to explain anyone?

@overfl00d Do u have acne problem and do the remedies you described helpful to your acne problem?

One more question, one pimple actually bursts when I gently washed my face this morning. Blood comes out and then a clot is formed shortly. Is this normal?

That can be pretty normal. Just means that it was ready to go. Treat it gently and keep it clean and it'll be fine.

I, too, get so frustrated with the day in, day out, year after year grind of skin care. It can feel so hopeless. I'm really glad you're here - please keep talking, we are listening.

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 11/26/2012 8:59 am

Thx elsewhere.

Anyone here actually has managed to clear their skin without scarring? Is scarring inevitable?

MemberMember
(@vanbelle)

Posted : 11/26/2012 9:45 pm

Put it this way: scarring isn't inevitable, but the only way to promise you don't scar is by preventing the acne in the first place. Hands down, to prevent scarring tackle inflammation. Don't let the spots get too big. Priority 1.

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 11/27/2012 6:12 am

Hey guys!!!

I have to deliver this great news about my skin condition!!! As of today, somehow my skin has become better. The pimples that I have are now not really painful and the inflammation seems to be greatly reduced so that they dont seem like angry volcanoes filled with lava. And those comedones are greatly reduced!! The whiteheads are now smaller and would not be visible in more than around 25 to 30 cm!

Although I have post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation around my cheek area and more to come once those pimples heal, I dont really mind because those things will heal over time and I would follow the advice to concentrate on treating active acne first before anything else.

But out of curiosity, in anyone of you here, how long does it take for those hyperpigmentation left by pimple 1 to 2 week old to be gone on average if left treated or untreated?

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/27/2012 8:29 am

Depends on how big the pimple was before sometimes it could take 6 months to a year.

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:02 pm

Depends on how big the pimple was before sometimes it could take 6 months to a year.

Is that treated or untreated? If treated what treatment did u use? thx!

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:28 pm

Untreated

Use glycolic acid face.wash 2 times a week is great for dull and uneven skin tone n scars.

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/27/2012 2:53 pm

I'm sorry to hear your problem. I myself, like many others are the same as you. It's an awful thing to have, yes there is so many more things in the world worse but to us having acne is the worst, especially at our age. It's an age where you're meant to be having fun and really, myself as a person feel I haven't be able to have this sometimes because I'm to obsessive over my acne. I think using 4 products on your face of a day and then 5 of a night is too much in my opinion, if it's helping then it must be okay but I really do think that is too much products to be using, you will never know what works? Or maybe you do.

It's good to write and get it all out, it also helps others on this site. I used to come on this and just read other threads then last week I signed up and now want to express my opinions and thoughts as well as dealing with my own acne. Mine has cleared up a lot, I'm hoping it stays this way. I have a thread going at the moment about me using Apple Cider Vinegar on my acne marks, I have a ton of them and they're a problem, you think you get rid of acne and that would be it but no! For some of us we have to deal with the second part. I'm happy to say that my acne marks seem to be less inflamed and redder since I've been using it and I'm hoping this also stays like this. Maybe you could give that a try? A lot say clear the acne then treat the marks and scars which is a good point, so depending on your situation I guess.

I wish you the best of luck clearing your acne, you will get there! You've just got to find what works for you :)

MemberMember
(@angelys682)

Posted : 12/04/2012 2:55 am

I do not know much about Accutane, except that it is an oral medication that is a form on vitamin A and that when you take it, you have to be regularly monitored because of the side effects of it. I have heard good and bad things about it. Everyone I have personally talked to about Accutane has said that it made their skin really dry especially their lips, but they all had amazing results. I have read some bad reviews on it though. My mom told me it worked great for her, but that she had to spray bath oil on her body every day and constantly put on chap-stick to help with the severe dryness. If you are interested in trying it, talk to your dermatologist about it, and they can give you more information on it and decide if it is right for you. Something has got to work sometime! I thought mine was clearing up again, but then I woke up this morning! My liver enzymes are still up for some reason, so I have to wait and be retested in a week.

Has anyone tried Isolaz?

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 12/06/2012 11:30 am

How long does it take for people to unclog their blogged pores using benzoyl peroxide or glycolic acid? please do help by answering thx!!

MemberMember
(@angelys682)

Posted : 12/06/2012 7:43 pm

Hi,

I tried something new on my skin today, and I am really excited about it! My friend gave me some Dynamite Wound Care- Miracle Clay. It is an all-natural product used to heal any kind of wounds, burns, bites, and acne. I was weary of trying it, so I only tried it on a few big spots on my face at first. I WAS SO IMPRESSED. One of the spots that I have had for months that was about a quarter size and very swollen now is about the size of a pencil eraser. The other spot I tried it on that had pus in it is almost completely gone! Then I put it on my whole face and my face is hardly swollen at all and the redness is dramatically reduced!I only left it on for 15 minutes today, and my friend said I can leave it on overnight, so I will give an update on it tomorrow! I usually do not try different thing in fear of my face getting worse, but I am so glad I tried this! Hopefully, I will be able to give a good review tomorrow!!

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 12/07/2012 1:41 am

Hi,

I tried something new on my skin today, and I am really excited about it! My friend gave me some Dynamite Wound Care- Miracle Clay. It is an all-natural product used to heal any kind of wounds, burns, bites, and acne. I was weary of trying it, so I only tried it on a few big spots on my face at first. I WAS SO IMPRESSED. One of the spots that I have had for months that was about a quarter size and very swollen now is about the size of a pencil eraser. The other spot I tried it on that had pus in it is almost completely gone! Then I put it on my whole face and my face is hardly swollen at all and the redness is dramatically reduced!I only left it on for 15 minutes today, and my friend said I can leave it on overnight, so I will give an update on it tomorrow! I usually do not try different thing in fear of my face getting worse, but I am so glad I tried this! Hopefully, I will be able to give a good review tomorrow!!

Wow! great discoveries! thx sharing smile.png

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 12/07/2012 4:36 am

Just an update.. My skin has gotten a hell lot better. I can safely say that all the pimples on my face are healing now. But, I have another problem which is the clogged pores on my cheeks. I have a hell lot of very small clogged pores on my cheeks that is only visible under certain lighting if you looked at my face very very closely and thoroughly in the mirror I already know that benzoyl peroxide and glycolic acid and salycilic acid are the ingredients recommended to tackle this stubborn problem. But what I do not know is how long will that ugly blemishes be gone if you treat it?

Can anyone tell me how long does it take for your clogged pores to be gone completely or at least reduced to a few and the amount is countable with one hand? Please do share your stories. Your success stories will really motivate me A LOT... Thx for helping!!!! smile.png

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 12/16/2012 2:44 am

Hi everyone,

Do you ever have a normal pimple that ripes after treating it with benzoyl peroxide (or any other OTC topical treatment) for about 3 to 4 day but hardened afterwards then fade away in a week or two leaving hyperpigmentation but not ascarring???

If you had this experience, I would like to know what the hell is this????

Please do tell.

MemberMember
(@yeon-woo)

Posted : 12/24/2012 3:48 am

can you aplly benzoyl peroxide right after cortisone injection?? How long must you wait to appply benzoyl peroxide ater an injection?

MemberMember
(@card27)

Posted : 12/26/2012 9:43 pm

How about you just leave your face alone. Just use water. Try it for 2 weeks and see what that does

MemberMember
(@cna7)

Posted : 12/27/2012 5:57 pm

You can apply Benzoyl Peroxide immediately after a cortisone injection if you'd like. The dermatologist usually wipes it with alcohol which is already pretty drying, but if you want to be extra pre cautious you can put BP on it too. I have and do most of the time. I also like to ice for 20 minutes after the injection (sometimes my derm will give me an ice pack on the way out the door) and I can drive home using it. As soon as the bleeding stops you can put even make up over the injection site. Your skin will have already formed the scab. I just had two shots yesterday and my two cysts are 90% gone.

MemberMember
(@xxyy)

Posted : 01/02/2013 9:04 am

I would say that you are using too many products but if youre seeing improvements keep at it for another month at least. Write back here with your results and just promise yourself you will stick to the regimen for 4 weeks and see what happens. If you dont improve, try removing the toner or strip it down to cleanse/treat/moisturize then slowly add products back in. Just remember it takes time, and that you dont need to think about it until the end of the month. Stay positive, youre not alone in this proud.gif