Notifications
Clear all

Fillers?

MemberMember
(@acnepolis)

Posted : 11/25/2012 9:14 am

I just wanted to ask whether you think fillers would be suitable for the kind of scars I have on my chin? They are not horribly deep but definitely quite noticeable. I don't really know much about fillers but other treatments haven't really worked to improve this area.

post-93756-0-81855700-1353852934.jpg

post-93756-0-81855700-1353852934.jpg

MemberMember
(@omensabound)

Posted : 11/28/2012 12:04 pm

Yes I would say go for it. I think your scars would respond well. Try something like Restylane. It's worth a try as a non-invasive treatment with low risk. I've had them done and they work great for at least 3-4 months.

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 11/28/2012 12:34 pm

What other treatments have you done that you say haven't worked well?

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 11/28/2012 2:32 pm

I've had some scars like that and they didn't respond well to filler. Maybe for a few days or weeks the swelling and filler will plump it up but then it goes back. Subcision or needling might help.

MemberMember
(@fruitbiscuits)

Posted : 12/03/2012 8:28 am

I say yes to fillers, but your doctor should give you some light subcision before injecting fillers to your scars('When injecting acne scars with fillers, it is helpful to do subcision first with the needle to free up the adhesions and create a little pocket for the filler. This helps to avoid the risk of getting a doughnut effect where the filler fills around the scar and the scar stays bound down.'). I think Juvederm is a great temporary filler. But it's pricy and you'll need to refill every 3 - 5 months or so...Also do not overfill fillers to your scars, it could cause lumpy texture...Good luck!

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 12/03/2012 9:12 am

The doctor I spoke with actually does the subcision after, or as he fills. So he injects, looks for any donughting, and then does subcision as needed. Some people were saying on another thread how subcision first may cause swelling so that it's not possible to see where to inject the filler.

MemberMember
(@jabberwocky80)

Posted : 12/03/2012 4:29 pm

I say go for it, too. I've had several different types of fillers injected into my scars, including Juvederm, Restylane, and Prevelle Silk. Restylane lasted the longest, imo.

Oh, one more thing...my dermatologist who injected Restylane into this huge depressed scar I developed several months ago used a Botox needle to inject the filler. He said the thinner needle allowed for greater precision. I agree with him! I'll have more injected when I have the available funds. :)

MemberMember
(@acnepolis)

Posted : 12/08/2012 11:02 am

Thanks for all the answers!

I've been checking the prices on fillers and unfortunately it's too high for a student like me. Permanent fillers seem interesting but I don't think the possible risks are worth taking.. and I just don't really like the idea of some artificial substances in my body. It's a shame as otherwise fillers seem like a perfect solution.

I'd go for subcision but in Finland and Denmark I've yet to hear of a doctor who'd perform this procedure.. I'd probably have to travel to some other country to get it done. So subcision is what I'll be looking into but meanwhile I'll just do some needling like Tricia suggested. I've tried it before but this time I'll try to be more aggressive and add suction to aftercare.

And to michi31: I've had 2x intracel rf thingy (not completely sure if they did this area the 1st time) and by myself I've done tca peels, saline subcision and some needling.

MemberMember
(@overtherainbowandunicorns)

Posted : 02/21/2021 6:15 pm

On 12/3/2012 at 12:12 PM, michi31 said:

The doctor I spoke with actually does the subcision after, or as he fills. So he injects, looks for any donughting, and then does subcision as needed. Some people were saying on another thread how subcision first may cause swelling so that it's not possible to see where to inject the filler.

Hi did you like results of fillers? Thanks