Notifications
Clear all

Recurring Acne/cysts

MemberMember
(@lecero)

Posted : 11/24/2012 11:14 pm

Hello ! I've had acne since i was 13 (I'm now 16 ) and it got real severe in early 2011 . I went to a derma and my face went smooth ( just had reddish scars left ) until this month . The cysts starts recurring everywhere on my face ! I've managed to take down the cysts on my left side of my face but my right side is horrible . The cysts are exactly on the same spot as i had them last year . Please do advice me on this matter and ask any questions if i left out any information because this is my first post here . Thank you

post-143362-0-08896100-1353816774.jpg

post-143362-0-08896100-1353816774.jpg

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 11/24/2012 11:58 pm

Have you been prescribed Isotretinoin yet? Because now would be the time to seriously work with your dermatologist to take care of that acne now and prevent future scarring.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/25/2012 6:17 am

First, I must advise you to stop touching your face. Stop any scrubs or anything of that nature. Healing will happen in a few steps :

1. Existing lesions and scabs must heal. If they don't, it's going to cause even more local infection and create more crevices for oil and bacteria to build up.

2. Once the existing lesions heal, you must "re-groom" the skin cells to grow in a more uniform manner. This can be accomplished through use of topicals. (The regimen works great for this)

The third part is going to be the most difficult part.

What is your diet like?

What foods have you eaten in the past 3 years?

What is your "go-to" food?

What do you think about when you want to eat something nourishing?

You appear to be younger. How much drinking or smoking or drugs have you done in life? I'm not a cop, just a dude trying to help.

This is all important to know, because then it will be apparent just how damaged your immune system is.

MemberMember
(@lecero)

Posted : 11/28/2012 9:13 am

Have you been prescribed Isotretinoin yet? Because now would be the time to seriously work with your dermatologist to take care of that acne now and prevent future scarring.

He said he's gonna give me roacctuane. is it any good?

First, I must advise you to stop touching your face. Stop any scrubs or anything of that nature. Healing will happen in a few steps :

1. Existing lesions and scabs must heal. If they don't, it's going to cause even more local infection and create more crevices for oil and bacteria to build up.

2. Once the existing lesions heal, you must "re-groom" the skin cells to grow in a more uniform manner. This can be accomplished through use of topicals. (The regimen works great for this)

The third part is going to be the most difficult part.

What is your diet like?

What foods have you eaten in the past 3 years?

What is your "go-to" food?

What do you think about when you want to eat something nourishing?

You appear to be younger. How much drinking or smoking or drugs have you done in life? I'm not a cop, just a dude trying to help.

This is all important to know, because then it will be apparent just how damaged your immune system is.

I am indeed 16 this year . Rice is my main food along with chicken and fish . I used to eat cereal every morning but not anymore since the last 3 months . I eat bread kind of often too. I've never smoked nor do drugs before .

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 11/28/2012 9:53 am

U need accutane

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 11/28/2012 3:26 pm

Severe acne is unfortunately very resistant to topical treatments, which is why Isotretinoin (brand names: Roaccutane, Clarivis) is prescribed. And if it didn't work, it wouldn't be a prescription! Of course, it has side effects (like all drugs do), but no ethical doctor would ever prescribe a drug that has more risks than benefits.

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/28/2012 5:30 pm

I highly advise against accutane.

Please just try out a diet. Cut out eating all of the bread, and pretty much most of your rice intake. In fact, I'd go as far as to say cut out all rice immediately.

If you're interested in trying to go the dietary route, let me know. Otherwise, good-luck with accutane.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2234470/Roaccutane-effects-Warning-father-Jesse-Jones-talented-musician-commited-suicide.html

Severe acne is unfortunately very resistant to topical treatments, which is why Isotretinoin (brand names: Roaccutane, Clarivis) is prescribed. And if it didn't work, it wouldn't be a prescription! Of course, it has side effects (like all drugs do), but no ethical doctor would ever prescribe a drug that has more risks than benefits.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/28/2012 3:15 pm

accutane.