Notifications
Clear all

Help Identifying Scars! (Pictures)

MemberMember
(@kimbra)

Posted : 11/24/2012 8:29 pm

Hello all,

I have a couple of raised scars on my chest that I need help identifying. (Refer to pictures below)

post-190982-0-16634100-1353806701_thumb.

post-190982-0-88665900-1353806705_thumb.

The first is a red, raised scar that was the result of misuse of apple cider vinegar I guess. Initially it was just a small scar that varied a bit from my skin tone and was very slightly raised but I read somewhere online that someone managed to get rid of scars like these by rubbing apple cider vinegar on it till the scar is flat again, and allowed it to reheal. I tried this and instead of working I ended up with what you see in the picture sad.png It is now more raised than before, runs about half an inch across and is red. I have been wearing a ScarAway silicone scar sheet on it for over 2 months now and although it did get better at first, now progress seems to have stunted and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I don't know if it's just me but sometimes the scar seems to get more raised, and then softens again. I've had this scar for half a year now.

The other two scars are probably from acne, but these pimples never formed a head and instead soon after just became bumps on my skin. After time they got slightly reddened (probably because I press on them a lot). I've had these scars for maybe one or two years now.

post-190982-0-55435900-1353806709_thumb.

I also have a spattering of scars on my back and chest from pimples and they're discolored. I've been applying apple cider vinegar on them for half a year now and it doesn't seem to be getting much better.

If anyone could let me know what type of scars I have as well as recommend what can be done to treat these scars, what products would be good, that would be extremely helpful smile.png thanks in advance.

MemberMember
(@maldition)

Posted : 12/17/2012 1:51 pm

That is nothing! go to beach and fun, this is minimal don't worry

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 01/07/2013 3:50 am

Hello all,

I have a couple of raised scars on my chest that I need help identifying. (Refer to pictures below)

The first is a red, raised scar that was the result of misuse of apple cider vinegar I guess. Initially it was just a small scar that varied a bit from my skin tone and was very slightly raised but I read somewhere online that someone managed to get rid of scars like these by rubbing apple cider vinegar on it till the scar is flat again, and allowed it to reheal. I tried this and instead of working I ended up with what you see in the picture sad.png It is now more raised than before, runs about half an inch across and is red. I have been wearing a ScarAway silicone scar sheet on it for over 2 months now and although it did get better at first, now progress seems to have stunted and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I don't know if it's just me but sometimes the scar seems to get more raised, and then softens again. I've had this scar for half a year now.

The other two scars are probably from acne, but these pimples never formed a head and instead soon after just became bumps on my skin. After time they got slightly reddened (probably because I press on them a lot). I've had these scars for maybe one or two years now.

I also have a spattering of scars on my back and chest from pimples and they're discolored. I've been applying apple cider vinegar on them for half a year now and it doesn't seem to be getting much better.

If anyone could let me know what type of scars I have as well as recommend what can be done to treat these scars, what products would be good, that would be extremely helpful smile.png thanks in advance.

I don't have raised scars but have been reading about them. Avid researcher! Hehe! You don't have keloid scarring, which is great. I'd say your marks are more on the hypertrophic side of things. Keloid scars tend to continue to grow and to change shape etc. Yes, they're minimal but I understand the want to improve them.

I think if you seriously want to improve your marks you'll have to go with something more invasive like cortisone injections. Have you seen a dermatologist? I would start there. Home treatments for scars are not really the best idea, even if they seem to work at first. Best to seek the advice of a professional. smile.png