Notifications
Clear all

Food Sensitivities

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/23/2012 2:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering does anyone have food sensitivities or allergies? I have a bunch of sensitivities and haven't cut any out of my diet as of yet. I'm wondering has anyone seen improvements when cutting out certain foods? I know a lot of people argue the fact and say diet has nothing to do with acne but to be honest, in my opinion it does, especially if you have a sensitivity to a food or an allergy. Those who don't and try cutting foods out aren't bound to see a difference if they don't have a sensitivity or allergy to it? But those who do, please say if you have seen improvements, i'm hoping cutting mine out will improve my skin as I have so many and eat them each day lol! :)

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/23/2012 2:43 pm

I think gluten can be the biggest cause of my acne.

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/23/2012 2:55 pm

Have you cut gluten out of your diet or do you just think it's having an impact on you?

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/23/2012 4:59 pm

Anyone? Sorry if you're not allowed to double post.. I don't know if you can or not?

MemberMember
(@scov93)

Posted : 11/23/2012 5:09 pm

ive cut out dairy, gluten, soy on and off for about 3 years and i dont really know if its had a positive effect over that time or if other factors cleared me up. if i had the time back i wouldn't have been so obsessed about food and i would try to just enjoy life more ( for me food is one of the greatest joys in life)

i think alot of the "food caused my acne" or "masturbation caused my acne" and so on is just in peoples heads, so many things contribute you cant put it down to a small number of factors .

just my opinion dont get pissed about it

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/23/2012 5:13 pm

Okay and nope I won't get pissed at your post, you have an opinion. I think though like i said and this is my opinion, if people have food sensitivities and allergies then it's obviously not good for them, so it should help them. Do you have a food sensitivity or allergy or did you just cut those foods out to see if it helped you?

MemberMember
(@scov93)

Posted : 11/23/2012 5:42 pm

Okay and nope I won't get pissed at your post, you have an opinion. I think though like i said and this is my opinion, if people have food sensitivities and allergies then it's obviously not good for them, so it should help them. Do you have a food sensitivity or allergy or did you just cut those foods out to see if it helped you?

i have serious allergies to seafood, chicken and weirdly peas. i have minor reactions to soy and peanuts but with gluten and milk i really don't know. its so hard to establish a cause and effect when it comes to acne .

and with the dont get pissed thing i didnt mean it to sound to harsh, it just that some people on the board get very touchy when you talk about food sensitivities it was aimed at them lol

MemberMember
(@member1)

Posted : 11/23/2012 5:48 pm

i have serious allergies to seafood, chicken and weirdly peas. i have minor reactions to soy and peanuts but with gluten and milk i really don't know. its so hard to establish a cause and effect when it comes to acne .

and with the dont get pissed thing i didnt mean it to sound to harsh, it just that some people on the board get very touchy when you talk about food sensitivities it was aimed at them lol

It's okay. I think everyone is different as well, some people change diets and things improve for them some don't, it's the same for medication sometimes it works for people sometimes it doesn't. We're all individuals and different things will and won't work for us, it's just finding what does work for us and also the cause of acne. My personal opinion on acne is that it's telling me something isn't right in my body and something is or a bunch of things are triggering it. It really annoys me when people say it's your age, it's like people just say it's your age and you have to accept that, a lot of people my age don't have any acne and everyone's hormones act different but age can't just keep getting put as the main factor for acne and i feel doctors just keep doing this, in my personal experience anyway :)

MemberMember
(@quetzl1)

Posted : 11/23/2012 9:18 pm

When I eat wheat I get several spots on my chest within 4-6 hours pretty much every time. Then when I eat anything for the next couple of days, t happens again. Sometimes I can eat wheat for a couple days before they show up. This pattern has led me to believe that the wheat is causing some sort of permeability which is leading to food antigens entering my bloodstream. No pain though. Also, acne on my face seems to be less affected by this pattern. If I eat well for a week, I'll have perfect skin on my chest but still some acne on my face.

MemberMember
(@royalty)

Posted : 11/24/2012 2:17 am

Yes i have cut out, gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, meat, tomatoes, only for some time. I will start adding things back in to find out what really gives me acne.