Notifications
Clear all

Is This Even Acne? Will It Ever Go Away?

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 11/21/2012 8:21 pm

Ok, I am very sympathetic to everyone who suffers acne on here.

However out of all the pictures I've seen I haven't seen anyone's who looks like mine and I'm wondering if this is even acne?

Nothing works on these 2 "cysts" I have. I've been trying heat, all kinds of stuff which just the burn and peel the skin with no results.

I've been stuck with this cyst for really bad one for 3 months and have had 1 more pop up in the last 3 weeks that I've been treating and fighting every single day. My life revolves around my cysts; I don't want to go out in public so I spend all my time trying to treat it. I'm going crazy.

I'm getting so frustrated. So many people on here are like, oh yeah, cystic acne might take a week or two to go away............I've had this for months!!!

Am I totally abnormal in this? having cysts that lasts and are big bumps on your face for months?

The pictures I see of cystic ance are not as big or really anything like mine. The pictures I've seen are maybe big under the skin but only look like more normal large pimples/redness.

Mine have the whole size showing up. As in as big as they are under the skin is what you see on top. They are .5mm wide; the size of a dime and they are high off my face. When I push on it you can see a white kinda firm area; almost what scar tissue looks like but it's fluctuant, I can feel the "sac" and it's kinda like gel material inside. And people talk about popping them; thats not possible with mine. Every time I've pricked them there's just blood.

I'm suspecting I have hormonal issue because they're only on my chin and the rest of my face is clear.

Unless, these are boils? I just don't know what to do; I'm desperate.

I've never in my life dellt with this before. I did have cysts before but they never stuck around this long. I think it's because of my hormones I've been so stressed that my body is having a hard time fixing itself.

But I'd like to know if anyone has any input for long term cysts; what's your most effective remedy? Is there anything that works for these typs of deep large raised bumps with no head?

Is there anyone on here that has what I have?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/21/2012 8:28 pm

Ugh, How long do I have to wait?! I've been stuck with this cyst for months and have had 2 more pop up in the last 3 week that I've been treating and fighting every single day. My life revolves around my cysts; I don't want to go out in public so I spend all my time trying to treat it. I'm going crazy.

I'm getting so sick of this. So many people on here are like, oh yeah, cystic acne might take a week or two to go away............I've had this for months!!!

Am I totally abnormal in this? having cysts that lasts and are big bumps on your face for months?

I've never in my life dellt with this before. I did have cysts before but they never stuck around this long. I think it's because of my hormones I've been so stressed that my body is having a hard time fixing itself.

But I'd like to know if anyone has any input for long term cysts; what's your most effective remedy? Is there anything that works for these deep large bumps with no head?

Where are the cysts? Icing usually helps the most with mine and taking ibuprophen

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 11/22/2012 5:54 pm

On my chin/jawline.

Doesn't ice only help in the first 48 hours?

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/22/2012 6:17 pm

I BP the hell out of them, but I imagine that's something your trying already.....

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 11/22/2012 6:48 pm

I've tried a little bit, but does that work for big cysts for you? How long till you see a result?

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/22/2012 6:50 pm

I will get nodules underneath my skin occasionally - no head, which makes working with them impossible. I slap a huge gob of bp on before I go to sleep (wait for it to dry, which takes a while) and then mini-bp it throughout the day when I'm awake. It usually takes me about three days for me to notice it's going down, four days to a week before it goes away entirely.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/07/2012 9:43 pm

Anybody else have any ideas that work for these big cysts? It's been a month, bp just dries out the surface and I can't use tea tree oil. I've tried clay masks; but I don't think there's anything for it to "pull' out because there's no pus or whitehead

Anyone have success in treating these things?

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 12/07/2012 10:05 pm

Anybody else have any ideas that work for these big cysts? It's been a month, bp just dries out the surface and I can't use tea tree oil. I've tried clay masks; but I don't think there's anything for it to "pull' out because there's no pus or whitehead

I have just recently been struggling with what I believe is a nodule, and I know it stands out a lot because they are big. If icing doesn't work you may want to try out sangre de drago is a zap that comes from the amazon forest in Peru.

It is anti-flammatory I have been using it on my very bad cyst/nodule for 2 days now and it definitely reduced the inflammation, maybe you should give that a go.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 12/07/2012 10:12 pm

Sorry you're still dealing with these. I think it may be time to go to a dermatologist and have them lanced or possibly cut out.

MemberMember
(@etude)

Posted : 12/07/2012 10:25 pm

Try an activated charcoal poultice. Just google it. I've never tried a poultice because I never get cysts, just nodules. But I do use a charcoal mask every once in awhile and it really reduces the redness, pain, and size.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/07/2012 10:58 pm

I have just recently been struggling with what I believe is a nodule, and I know it stands out a lot because they are big. If icing doesn't work you may want to try out sangre de drago is a zap that comes from the amazon forest in Peru.

It is anti-flammatory I have been using it on my very bad cyst/nodule for 2 days now and it definitely reduced the inflammation, maybe you should give that a go.

Where do you get it from? I've never heard of it.....

Sorry you're still dealing with these. I think it may be time to go to a dermatologist and have them lanced or possibly cut out.

Have already seen a derm and 2 plastic surgens; they said not to do anything for 6 months because it might heal on it's own and there's no sense in have a for sure life long surgical scar if it can just heal.

Try an activated charcoal poultice. Just google it. I've never tried a poultice because I never get cysts, just nodules. But I do use a charcoal mask every once in awhile and it really reduces the redness, pain, and size.

I have tried that actually; how do you treat your nodules? How long do they last?

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 12/08/2012 9:29 pm

I think I mentioned this before. I had a couple large cysts on my sideburn area. I bought a .5 mm dermaroller around the same time they popped up so as an experiment I rolled over them really good. Then I put a glycerin fruit fresh homemade serum on them for about 20 mins. To my astonishment it worked!! One completely flattened out and turned into a blackhead and the other one shrank in size and came to the surface.

I now use hibiclens as my main face wash and it works amazing. I don't use bp or any other acne creams or serums anymore.

I've been experimenting with things for my acne for about 3 years. Dermarolling, fruit fresh/glycerin and hibiclens have made my skin soo much better. No more cysts :) or whiteheads.

If you're feeling adventurous you can try what I used to get rid of my cystic acne.

There is also a good thread that green gables posted on here about what she used to cure her cystic acne.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/318287-i-am-100-clear-severe-cystic-acne-cured-with-spironolactone/page__pid__3308292__st__100#entry3308292

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/11/2012 7:02 pm

I think I mentioned this before. I had a couple large cysts on my sideburn area. I bought a .5 mm dermaroller around the same time they popped up so as an experiment I rolled over them really good. Then I put a glycerin fruit fresh homemade serum on them for about 20 mins. To my astonishment it worked!! One completely flattened out and turned into a blackhead and the other one shrank in size and came to the surface.

I now use hibiclens as my main face wash and it works amazing. I don't use bp or any other acne creams or serums anymore.

I've been experimenting with things for my acne for about 3 years. Dermarolling, fruit fresh/glycerin and hibiclens have made my skin soo much better. No more cysts smile.png or whiteheads.

If you're feeling adventurous you can try what I used to get rid of my cystic acne.

There is also a good thread that green gables posted on here about what she used to cure her cystic acne.

http://www.acne.org/...00#entry3308292

Thank you AP,

I might try it, I'm desperate.

Actually I did try rolling it the 1st time you mentioned it and of course it got swollen so I was afraid I made it worse but I will probably try it again, I picked up some glycerin and I have pure vitamin C powder instead of that "fruit fresh" stuff so I think that should work. The thing is they hurt so much I can't hardly imagine rolling over them........

And yeah, I know about Green gables thread; I actually started spirolactone about 2- 3 weeks ago.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 12/11/2012 9:21 pm

I've been experimenting with things for my acne for about 3 years. Dermarolling, fruit fresh/glycerin and hibiclens have made my skin soo much better. No more cysts smile.png or whiteheads.

http://www.acne.org/...00#entry3308292

Thank you AP,

I might try it, I'm desperate.

Actually I did try rolling it the 1st time you mentioned it and of course it got swollen so I was afraid I made it worse but I will probably try it again, I picked up some glycerin and I have pure vitamin C powder instead of that "fruit fresh" stuff so I think that should work. The thing is they hurt so much I can't hardly imagine rolling over them........

And yeah, I know about Green gables thread; I actually started spirolactone about 2- 3 weeks ago.

You're welcome :) be careful and I wish you the best of luck!!!

MemberMember
(@etude)

Posted : 12/12/2012 12:04 am

I have tried that actually; how do you treat your nodules? How long do they last?

Whoops, I meant papules, not nodules. Sorry, about that.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/13/2012 1:50 pm

So did the Sangre de grago work on that cyst/nodule?

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 12/24/2012 8:57 am

Try drinking fresh vegetable juice and increase ur zinc/ vitamin A intake to speed up healing.

MemberMember
(@steamroom)

Posted : 12/24/2012 1:29 pm

I had what I thought were 3 cysts right on the side of my nose, last year. They ended up staying for a couple of months and nothing worked out.

Went for extraction, and boom they came right out. My aestethistician classified them as "Milia"

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 12/24/2012 11:36 pm

I had what I thought were 3 cysts right on the side of my nose, last year. They ended up staying for a couple of months and nothing worked out.

Went for extraction, and boom they came right out. My aestethistician classified them as "Milia"

Really? Those must have been small cysts! Mine are the size of a coin; so I can't imagine have 3 on my nose; I don't think those were cysts you had.

If I am wrong please let me know because if cysts can be extracted I'd be ecstatic but I doubt it; they are way too big.

Try drinking fresh vegetable juice and increase ur zinc/ vitamin A intake to speed up healing.

Thanks; I'm doing that.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 12/30/2012 1:30 pm

However out of all the pictures I've seen I haven't seen anyone's who looks like mine and I'm wondering if this is even acne?

Nothing works on these 2 "cysts" I have. I've been trying heat, all kinds of stuff which just the burn and peel the skin with no results.

I've been stuck with this cyst for really bad one for 3 months and have had 1 more pop up in the last 3 weeks that I've been treating and fighting every single day. My life revolves around my cysts; I don't want to go out in public so I spend all my time trying to treat it. I'm going crazy.

I'm getting so frustrated. So many people on here are like, oh yeah, cystic acne might take a week or two to go away............I've had this for months!!!

The pictures I see of cystic ance are not as big or really anything like mine. The pictures I've seen are maybe big under the skin but only look like more normal large pimples/redness.

Mine have the whole size showing up. As in as big as they are under the skin is what you see on top. They are .5mm wide; the size of a dime and they are high off my face. When I push on it you can see a white kinda firm area; almost what scar tissue looks like but it's fluctuant, I can feel the "sac" and it's kinda like gel material inside. And people talk about popping them; thats not possible with mine. Every time I've pricked them there's just blood.

I'm suspecting I have hormonal issue because they're only on my chin and the rest of my face is clear.

But I'd like to know if anyone has any input for long term cysts; what's your most effective remedy? Is there anything that works for these typs of deep large raised bumps with no head?

my face has never scared which seems strange as always insert a pin about 0.5cm to get to the pus and a few times I have sliced into the cyst (ouch!!!!) with a razor blade, see the pics of me in adult acne=-

(Pics)Phew! My Cystic Spot Is Dissappearing Fast For Christmas Day

anyway about 30 years ago I discovered what the cause was that gave me cysts after suffering terrible for 10 years and I still get caught out every year or two years now.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/01/2013 3:36 pm

my face has never scared which seems strange as always insert a pin about 0.5cm to get to the pus and a few times I have sliced into the cyst (ouch!!!!) with a razor blade, see the pics of me in adult acne=-

anyway about 30 years ago I discovered what the cause was that gave me cysts after suffering terrible for 10 years and I still get caught out every year or two years now.

Have you ever had trouble getting the pus out?

I've had this one for months and I only get blood when I poke it. Do you just keep poking in many places until you get the pore? How do you find the pore? When it's a huge cyst it's different than a normal zit; there's no obvious center to poke at........

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 01/02/2013 4:58 am

I've had this one for months and I only get blood when I poke it. Do you just keep poking in many places until you get the pore? How do you find the pore? When it's a huge cyst it's different than a normal zit; there's no obvious center to poke at........

thats the problem,finding the right pore,when I first get the cyst I insert a pin right in about 0.5cm and I push my fingers inwards rather than squeeze, if nothing comes out I try another pore sometimes with success but not very often,I presume that it's not ripe enough yet.

As I only get a cyst now every one or two years since finding the poison that I was eating,now 30 years on I am still devastated when one appears and i I don't find the right pore after a couple of days I slice it open with a razor blade(ouch) and put 2 steri-strips eitherside to make it look as I have cut myself and at bedtime I wet the spot and put salt on a plaster.

I can only remember having one cyst that lasted over a month,I was squeezing it everday getting pus out of it until one day a rock hard ball flew out.

Why don't you see if you have the same intolerance/allergy as me and my daughter,maybe you are consuming this poison everyday that feeds the existing cyst and forms new ones?.

MemberMember
(@dc-girl-3)

Posted : 01/03/2013 5:40 pm

thats the problem,finding the right pore,when I first get the cyst I insert a pin right in about 0.5cm and I push my fingers inwards rather than squeeze, if nothing comes out I try another pore sometimes with success but not very often,I presume that it's not ripe enough yet.

As I only get a cyst now every one or two years since finding the poison that I was eating,now 30 years on I am still devastated when one appears and i I don't find the right pore after a couple of days I slice it open with a razor blade(ouch) and put 2 steri-strips eitherside to make it look as I have cut myself and at bedtime I wet the spot and put salt on a plaster.

I can only remember having one cyst that lasted over a month,I was squeezing it everday getting pus out of it until one day a rock hard ball flew out.

Why don't you see if you have the same intolerance/allergy as me and my daughter,maybe you are consuming this poison everyday that feeds the existing cyst and forms new ones?.

It doesn't sound like you really know what caused it though other than vague "sauces" blends...............right?

I actually normally don't eat anything like that anyway; I have a pretty strict diet of whole natural foods but have cheated a little bit before and that might be part of why I got this now.

Also curious, have you ever had cortisone injected into your cysts? I dont think I can cut into mine because I've had so much cortisone injected into them.

Do your's have that "sac" feeling to them? I'm trying to figure out what happens to that when the cyst goes away.

MemberMember
(@kasyani)

Posted : 01/04/2013 8:00 am

It doesn't sound like you really know what caused it though other than vague "sauces" blends...............right?

I actually normally don't eat anything like that anyway; I have a pretty strict diet of whole natural foods but have cheated a little bit before and that might be part of why I got this now.

Also curious, have you ever had cortisone injected into your cysts? I dont think I can cut into mine because I've had so much cortisone injected into them.

Do your's have that "sac" feeling to them? I'm trying to figure out what happens to that when the cyst goes away.

No I don't have a 'sac' feeling but you are right,I am not sure what exactly causes my cysts but my daughter was told she is intolerant to MSG.

I do know what to avoid,that's why I get caught out occasionally after 30 years of my discovery,

as I live in the UK the food brand names are probably different like pot noodles,schwartz/colemans packet mix in sauces,gravy/tea granules,instant soup/noodles etc etc,I think in the USA,ramen and pho are the same,basically it's anything that has a long shelf life and you add boiling water to activate,a favourite item found in restaurants/cafe's and fast food outlets and even some prescription tablets, these are absolute poison to my body and I know 100% they cause me to have cysts.

No I don't have a 'sac' feeling but you are right,I am not sure what exactly causes my cysts but my daughter was told she is intolerant to MSG.

I do know what to avoid,that's why I get caught out occasionally after 30 years of my discovery,

as I live in the UK the food brand names are probably different like pot noodles,schwartz/colemans packet mix in sauces,gravy/tea granules,instant soup/noodles etc etc,I think in the USA,ramen and pho are the same,basically it's anything that has a long shelf life and you add boiling water to activate,a favourite item found in restaurants/cafe's and fast food outlets and even some prescription tablets, these are absolute poison to my body and I know 100% they cause me to have cysts.

no I have never had cortisone injections,I have usually manged to drain mine,I certainly don't recommend that you also slice yours open.

MemberMember
(@sosolam)

Posted : 10/22/2013 2:42 pm

I've recently notice the same symptoms on my face. But i noticed a pattern, it seems as though it's caused by hormonal changes of my body. I've noticed that when i'm pms'ing (about to get my period) I get these HUGE BIG FIRM BUMPS on my lower chin/neck area and my cheeks. They're hideous! I feel like they're a pimple but when i try popping them, i only get blood or a very small pop with pus coming out. I know it's bad but i keep picking at them but i want them to go away. I'm lucky that i don't get scars, that's why i keep picking at them in hopes they'll disappear, shrink faster! Please help. My dieting isn't too bad and i drink only water/coconut water or fresh blended fruits/veggies. I don't eat too much greasy stuff. I was scared it was cancerous. Can someone please advise what i should do before going to a dermatologist?