Notifications
Clear all

Bp And Makeup!

MemberMember
(@haileym17)

Posted : 11/20/2012 5:50 pm

This post is for women who wear makeup but are unsure what makeup brands won't cause/irritate acne and work well with the flaking that bp causes plus other skincare products that have been controlling my acne. My acne started when I was 13/14 and I still struggle with break outs in my 20s. However, the regimen has really helped to control my acne to the point where I'm not self conscious about my skin with my makeup. My acne is moderate and I have combination skin which makes makeup application that much more difficult. I've learned that make up is an integral part of skin care and acne treatment.

I've used many drugstore brands but now I know that its worth it to use more expensive brands because it really makes a difference. If you do not have the money to buy higher end makeup, I would suggest buying mineral makeup form the drugstore..most brands such as cover girl have a mineral make up foundation and powder.

In terms of my favorite high end brands that i use, CLINIQUE and BARE MINERALS are two of the best brands that you can use on your skin. Right now I am using CLINIQUE PERFECTLY REALY MAKEUP which is a semi-matte medium coverage makeup. Since using this product, my breakouts have decreased and I have very little flakiness which was a problem with other foundation. If you struggle with flakes, I highly recommend using clinique. Their foundations are in the 20-25$ range which I feel is reasonable. I like using a medium coverage makeup because I really dont like looking cakey, I want to look like I'm wearing the least amount of makeup as possible.

Here is my skincare /makeup routine that has cleared much of my acne and stopped frequent breakouts. I like to incorporate natural/organic products wherever I can.

Morning:

-Vichy Foaming Cream Cleanser (foams, gentle, and makes skin very soft)

-Earth Science Aloe Very Complexion Freshener and Toner (smells great, calms skin- whole foods products)

-acne.org BP

-Occasionally I use some AHA on problem areas

-Cetaphil Mosturizer OR Mineral Fusion Mattifying Oil-Control Mosturizer PLUS 1-2 drops of Argan Oil

-La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Pro-Recovery Skincare (I use this a a makeup primer, its for Flakey skin)

-No. 7 T-Zone Rescue Oil Control

Makeup:

-Perfectly Real Makeup by Clinique

-Airbrush Concealer by Clinique

-Bare Minerals Powder

-Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

-L'Oreal Liquid Liner

-Maybelline Mascara

-Laura Mercier Lip Gloss

Night:

I remove my makeup by putting alot mosturizer on my face and rubbing it off with a makeup pad

-Derme E Vitamin A Glycloic Cleanser (whole foods products)

-Weleda Toner (whole foods product)

-BP

-ALOT of AHA with a few drops of argan oil

I also regularly uses masks, here are the masks I like:

-Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant (gets rid of dead skin cells)

-Giovanni Volcanic Ash and Charcoal Makeup (brightens skin, whole foods product)

-Aztec Healing Clay (really intense, whole foods product)

-Acure cell stimulating facial mask (whole foods product)

-Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask (inexpensive)

Lastly, Check out this video by makeup artist Lisa Eldridge who creates the illusion of flawless skin with the right makeup products on a model with acne.

Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/20/2012 8:15 pm

This post is for women who wear makeup but are unsure what makeup brands won't cause/irritate acne and work well with the flaking that bp causes plus other skincare products that have been controlling my acne. My acne started when I was 13/14 and I still struggle with break outs in my 20s. However, the regimen has really helped to control my acne to the point where I'm not self conscious about my skin with my makeup. My acne is moderate and I have combination skin which makes makeup application that much more difficult. I've learned that make up is an integral part of skin care and acne treatment.

I've used many drugstore brands but now I know that its worth it to use more expensive brands because it really makes a difference. If you do not have the money to buy higher end makeup, I would suggest buying mineral makeup form the drugstore..most brands such as cover girl have a mineral make up foundation and powder.

In terms of my favorite high end brands that i use, CLINIQUE and BARE MINERALS are two of the best brands that you can use on your skin. Right now I am using CLINIQUE PERFECTLY REALY MAKEUP which is a semi-matte medium coverage makeup. Since using this product, my breakouts have decreased and I have very little flakiness which was a problem with other foundation. If you struggle with flakes, I highly recommend using clinique. Their foundations are in the 20-25$ range which I feel is reasonable. I like using a medium coverage makeup because I really dont like looking cakey, I want to look like I'm wearing the least amount of makeup as possible.

Here is my skincare /makeup routine that has cleared much of my acne and stopped frequent breakouts. I like to incorporate natural/organic products wherever I can.

Morning:

-Vichy Foaming Cream Cleanser (foams, gentle, and makes skin very soft)

-Earth Science Aloe Very Complexion Freshener and Toner (smells great, calms skin- whole foods products)

-acne.org BP

-Occasionally I use some AHA on problem areas

-Cetaphil Mosturizer OR Mineral Fusion Mattifying Oil-Control Mosturizer PLUS 1-2 drops of Argan Oil

-La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Pro-Recovery Skincare (I use this a a makeup primer, its for Flakey skin)

-No. 7 T-Zone Rescue Oil Control

Makeup:

-Perfectly Real Makeup by Clinique

-Airbrush Concealer by Clinique

-Bare Minerals Powder

-Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

-L'Oreal Liquid Liner

-Maybelline Mascara

-Laura Mercier Lip Gloss

Night:

I remove my makeup by putting alot mosturizer on my face and rubbing it off with a makeup pad

-Derme E Vitamin A Glycloic Cleanser (whole foods products)

-Weleda Toner (whole foods product)

-BP

-ALOT of AHA with a few drops of argan oil

I also regularly uses masks, here are the masks I like:

-Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant (gets rid of dead skin cells)

-Giovanni Volcanic Ash and Charcoal Makeup (brightens skin, whole foods product)

-Aztec Healing Clay (really intense, whole foods product)

-Acure cell stimulating facial mask (whole foods product)

-Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask (inexpensive)

Lastly, Check out this video by makeup artist Lisa Eldridge who creates the illusion of flawless skin with the right makeup products on a model with acne.

Hope this helps!

I like clinique and while their products aren't pore-clogging, they still use a lot of chemicals in their formulas. Their colors never matched my skin tone either, I always ended up looking orange midway through the day. I switched to using lorac foundation and powder and love the stuff. They don't use any harsh ingredients, oil, or fragrances and looks very natural. But if clinique is helping your acne more power to you!

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/27/2012 11:28 pm

You use A LOT of products- and I bet if you simplified your regimen your skin would calm down even more. It worked for me!! We stress about doing the best possible things for our skin but we often overdo it/irritate the fragile epidermis. Thanks for the recommendations for makeup they are helpful

MemberMember
(@haileym17)

Posted : 11/29/2012 3:22 pm

I'm sure you are right- Im very aware of my addiction to skincare products ;). However I feel like a lot of the products I use are mediating the side effects of the BP, which is as this point one of my main concerns instead of the acne.