Notifications
Clear all

What Works For Me.

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 11/20/2012 1:14 am

I'm in my mid 30s, male. Have had acne since HS. About 2 years ago I did high doses of vitamin A, this is not exactly safe but I did not have any really bad side effects. It had so-so results, I stopped because I was worried about liver damage and my hair was starting to dry out.

I ended up going on Doxy for about a year for other reasons which completely cleared up my skin but eventually had to go off that. As soon as I went off I started breaking out badly and having cystic acne.

I had some Vitamin A left as well as liquid D drops, I heard that D was really good for acne and was taking it some time ago orally but I didn't feel I was getting great results with it.

This time I decided I would take 2 capsules of A and mix them with the liquid D3 and apply it directly to my skin. I have to say that to this day out of EVERYTHING I have tried aside from antibiotics this has been THE best solution! The redness in my skin went away in a day and I noticed that the acne was shrinking quickly as well.

If you've dealt with Acne for a long time you get used to how quick your skin heals and how long a zit will stick around. So I know for certain this is working, and working fast! Faster than the antibiotics!

I will keep this updated as I have only been doing this for about a week, so it could be some weird fluke involving my diet but since that has never changed I highly doubt that is the case.

I would like to see more people try the liquid D3 mixed with some liquid A (only mix the recommended daily dosage of A) applied directly to the skin before bed to see if there really is something to this. I feel that these two should be mixed together to really work properly.

Something else I noticed was that today I cut my finger rather deeply. Normally I would have spent about an hour trying to get a cut this deep to stop bleading but it stopped within less than 5 minutes and is healing super fast!

I hope some more people try this out and post results! I will update this every week with my results, but so far it's the best thing I have ever tried.

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 11/23/2012 9:31 pm

Anyone trying this? I'm still getting great results, somebody else has to try this.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/23/2012 9:40 pm

I'm sure members will! While we do have lots and lots of registered users coming by every thread every day, a lot of our traffic starts out from unregistered guests browsing the site. Give it some time and someone - either a member or someone who joined up just to share their results - will be giving you feedback! I'm glad you are having success - this is awesome!

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 11/25/2012 3:19 am

I'm in my mid 30s, male. Have had acne since HS. About 2 years ago I did high doses of vitamin A, this is not exactly safe but I did not have any really bad side effects. It had so-so results, I stopped because I was worried about liver damage and my hair was starting to dry out.

I ended up going on Doxy for about a year for other reasons which completely cleared up my skin but eventually had to go off that. As soon as I went off I started breaking out badly and having cystic acne.

I had some Vitamin A left as well as liquid D drops, I heard that D was really good for acne and was taking it some time ago orally but I didn't feel I was getting great results with it.

This time I decided I would take 2 capsules of A and mix them with the liquid D3 and apply it directly to my skin. I have to say that to this day out of EVERYTHING I have tried aside from antibiotics this has been THE best solution! The redness in my skin went away in a day and I noticed that the acne was shrinking quickly as well.

If you've dealt with Acne for a long time you get used to how quick your skin heals and how long a zit will stick around. So I know for certain this is working, and working fast! Faster than the antibiotics!

I will keep this updated as I have only been doing this for about a week, so it could be some weird fluke involving my diet but since that has never changed I highly doubt that is the case.

I would like to see more people try the liquid D3 mixed with some liquid A (only mix the recommended daily dosage of A) applied directly to the skin before bed to see if there really is something to this. I feel that these two should be mixed together to really work properly.

Something else I noticed was that today I cut my finger rather deeply. Normally I would have spent about an hour trying to get a cut this deep to stop bleading but it stopped within less than 5 minutes and is healing super fast!

I hope some more people try this out and post results! I will update this every week with my results, but so far it's the best thing I have ever tried.

this will for sure work. thanks for posting this my bro! i wish i could try this but i have no liquid vitamin d on my hands. im taking it internally but it takes 4 months to work doing it that way. good job finding your cure bro!

MemberMember
(@broscience)

Posted : 11/25/2012 10:09 am

I only have vitamin d softgels but I guess I could try them on my skin. I will update with results!

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 11/25/2012 9:46 pm

Are you taking them orally as well?

MemberMember
(@broscience)

Posted : 11/27/2012 1:38 pm

Are you taking them orally as well?

Yes, I think it has my helped my acne a lot.

I have applied 150g=5000iu to my skin topically for two nights now. I have noticed some reduction in skin redness, I think I will get good results since all of the vitamin d is concentrated on my skin.

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 12/19/2012 6:17 am

Anyone doing this yet? After over a month of doing this I can say now that it IS the solution! I am no longer having ANY break outs of any sort. This is a bit of miracle for me considering I am in my 30s and have dealt with this since I was in my teens and tried nearly everything out there.

Now, it is possible that my body has gone through some changes naturally and caused this to happen, but I doubt it.

I would really like to see more people try this and post results!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003800UXG/

I put this on every night before bed, I sometimes leave it on for an hour and then apply this lotion over top.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OYJ9AO/

I have also used this lotion with great results as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D2DQCU/

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/19/2012 5:40 pm

On 12/19/2012 at 5:17 PM, BlownAway said:

Anyone doing this yet? After over a month of doing this I can say now that it IS the solution! I am no longer having ANY break outs of any sort. This is a bit of miracle for me considering I am in my 30s and have dealt with this since I was in my teens and tried nearly everything out there.

Now, it is possible that my body has gone through some changes naturally and caused this to happen, but I doubt it.

I would really like to see more people try this and post results!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003800UXG/

I put this on every night before bed, I sometimes leave it on for an hour and then apply this lotion over top.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000OYJ9AO/

I have also used this lotion with great results as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004D2DQCU/

wow amazing. i wish i could get my hands on vitamin d. i only have the liquid tablets. how long did it take to work for you? i have been taking it for 1 month and 20 days orally 8,000 iu a day but i still am getting lots acne.

alright i just took two vitamin d pills and opened them with a needle and put the juice in a bowl. the i applied the juice to my face. how long should it take for me to see results?

edit: i only applied the juice to the left side of my face so ill see if this really works because there is none on the right side of my face.

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 12/19/2012 6:25 pm

On 12/20/2012 at 4:40 AM, Ichance23 said:

wow amazing. i wish i could get my hands on vitamin d. i only have the liquid tablets. how long did it take to work for you? i have been taking it for 1 month and 20 days orally 8,000 iu a day but i still am getting lots acne.

alright i just took two vitamin d pills and opened them with a needle and put the juice in a bowl. the i applied the juice to my face. how long should it take for me to see results?

edit: i only applied the juice to the left side of my face so ill see if this really works because there is none on the right side of my face.

I didn't keep a log of my results so I can't give you an accurate answer. I can tell you that you should expect to still get breakouts for a bit while doing it. I would say it took me 3-4 weeks before I stopped breaking out at all. It probably took about a week or less to notice that I was breaking out a lot less and redness and irritation were noticeably reduced within a day.

Glad to see somebody else trying this. I think the liquid pills cut open would work well too.

The liquid D I use is not the same as the link I posted. I figured they would be close to the same but I am reading the ingredients on mine and they differ so i will post mine here. I can't give you a name brand for the stuff I use since it is rebranded? and sold by a local health shop. You may want to search around amazon for one that has the same exact ingredients.

Ingredients;

Safflower Oil

Olive Oil

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

Contains No sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn soy, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.

For the sake of this study I should also note that about when I started doing this I started using Dove soap and use it after I shampoo so that nothing is left on my skin. Other than that change, this is the only thing else I have done.

Found one here with the exact same ingredients

[Removed]

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/19/2012 11:13 pm

On 12/20/2012 at 5:25 AM, BlownAway said:

I didn't keep a log of my results so I can't give you an accurate answer. I can tell you that you should expect to still get breakouts for a bit while doing it. I would say it took me 3-4 weeks before I stopped breaking out at all. It probably took about a week or less to notice that I was breaking out a lot less and redness and irritation were noticeably reduced within a day.

Glad to see somebody else trying this. I think the liquid pills cut open would work well too.

The liquid D I use is not the same as the link I posted. I figured they would be close to the same but I am reading the ingredients on mine and they differ so i will post mine here. I can't give you a name brand for the stuff I use since it is rebranded? and sold by a local health shop. You may want to search around amazon for one that has the same exact ingredients.

Ingredients;

Safflower Oil

Olive Oil

Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

Contains No sugar, salt, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, corn soy, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.

For the sake of this study I should also note that about when I started doing this I started using Dove soap and use it after I shampoo so that nothing is left on my skin. Other than that change, this is the only thing else I have done.

[Removed]

how many times a day do you apply it and are you putting anything else on your skin?

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 12/20/2012 12:57 am

I only put it on before bed, nothing else but the hemp moisturizer I posted a link to, sometimes the other moisturizer but rarely.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/20/2012 5:40 pm

I only put it on before bed, nothing else but the hemp moisturizer I posted a link to, sometimes the other moisturizer but rarely.

doesn't it go all over your pillow and not on your face then?

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 12/21/2012 3:28 am

Of course some will, that's going to happen with anything you put on your face before bed. You can put it on whenever you want but your face is going to look pretty oily.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/21/2012 9:54 am

On 12/20/2012 at 5:25 AM, BlownAway said:

Ingredients;

Safflower Oil

Olive Oil

Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

[Removed]

Safflower oil is over 70% linoleic acid which is a vital component in sebum that protects skin the way it is supposed to. It impacts acne in many ways including inhibiting DHT. Mammals with skin problems of all types have been found to be deficient. That could be what's helping you. See the linoleic acid thread for more info.

Vitamin d is important, but I don't think I've ever heard anything about its use topically. But then, you make d in your skin so it might make sense that applying it topically is the best way to get it into your system. If its in the right form.

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 12/21/2012 10:06 am

Safflower oil is over 70% linoleic acid which is a vital component in sebum that protects skin the way it is supposed to. It impacts acne in many ways including inhibiting DHT. Mammals with skin problems of all types have been found to be deficient. That could be what's helping you. See the linoleic acid thread for more info.

Vitamin d is important, but I don't think I've ever heard anything about its use topically. But then, you make d in your skin so it might make sense that applying it topically is the best way to get it into your system. If its in the right form.

Interesting bit of information there, thanks. Maybe it is the combination of both that have helped, or maybe just one or the other. I haven't heard of anyone using the D topically either, which is strange to me. I may have to purchase a bottle of safflower oil and see if that works as well without the D.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/21/2012 10:28 am

Interesting bit of information there, thanks. Maybe it is the combination of both that have helped, or maybe just one or the other. I haven't heard of anyone using the D topically either, which is strange to me. I may have to purchase a bottle of safflower oil and see if that works as well without the D.

PUFAs go rancid easily. Make sure it's a good quality oil in a dark bottle that hasn't been around long.. I buy napa valley organics from whole foods. Put a small amount in a dark bottle for daily use and keep the rest in the fridge.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/28/2012 3:50 pm

is it still working for you dude? im gonna start doing this

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 12/28/2012 6:23 pm

You should change the subject line to mention topical vitamin D.

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 12/30/2012 7:28 pm

i'm going to try this

MemberMember
(@doodleme123)

Posted : 01/12/2013 4:04 am

Any update, people?