Notifications
Clear all

Burning Sensation After Moisturizing?

MemberMember
(@istecrew)

Posted : 11/19/2012 4:54 pm

After I apply benzoyl peroxide and wait for about 30 minutes before apply my moisturizer which is Nivea for men, re-hydrating moisturizer.

My skin burns and looks a bit red and goes after awhile is this normal? Or could the cold during daytime causing this?

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/22/2012 12:03 am

BP can be irritating to skin initially and make it sensitive to just about everything that goes on it. How long have you been using the BP?

MemberMember
(@istecrew)

Posted : 11/22/2012 2:03 pm

BP can be irritating to skin initially and make it sensitive to just about everything that goes on it. How long have you been using the BP?

about 3 and a half weeks and its getting very well, i have no spots on my forehead and abit on my cheeks but other than that bp 10% has worked good for me.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/22/2012 2:12 pm

Hm. Your skin is definitely used to the BP, then - especially if you've used 10%. It could be colder temperatures. Other members have reported burning sensations after moisturizing. Unfortunately, I don't have anything else useful to offer. :( Hopefully someone soon will jump in here with more knowledge about moisturizers!

MemberMember
(@istecrew)

Posted : 11/22/2012 2:21 pm

Hm. Your skin is definitely used to the BP, then - especially if you've used 10%. It could be colder temperatures. Other members have reported burning sensations after moisturizing. Unfortunately, I don't have anything else useful to offer. sad.png Hopefully someone soon will jump in here with more knowledge about moisturizers!

you did too much already, thanks anyways :)))

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 11/24/2012 12:44 am

After I apply benzoyl peroxide and wait for about 30 minutes before apply my moisturizer which is Nivea for men, re-hydrating moisturizer.

My skin burns and looks a bit red and goes after awhile is this normal? Or could the cold during daytime causing this?

This could be a combination of things. Yes, the weather can impact your skin, especially with very low ambient humidity, but that doesn't have that much of an effect compared to other factors. Have you been applying more BP lately? Have you changed cleansers? Could you please show me the ingredients label on your BP product?

MemberMember
(@istecrew)

Posted : 11/24/2012 3:21 pm

This could be a combination of things. Yes, the weather can impact your skin, especially with very low ambient humidity, but that doesn't have that much of an effect compared to other factors. Have you been applying more BP lately? Have you changed cleansers? Could you please show me the ingredients label on your BP product?

In the mornings I only dap a bit on the affected areas, but afternoons I apply it on my whole face. here's the Active Ingredients

BP - 10%

Methylparaben 0.15%

Propylparaben 0.05%

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 11/24/2012 3:40 pm

In the mornings I only dap a bit on the affected areas, but afternoons I apply it on my whole face. here's the Active Ingredients

BP - 10%

Methylparaben 0.15%

Propylparaben 0.05%

Do you have any other moisturizing ingredients in the product like glycerin, propelyne glycol and/or urea? Sometimes these ingredients, particularly urea at higher concentrations can be at fault. More often though the company may have changed the formulation slightly without telling customers and you may be allergic to a new ingredient they added. Other times the product is past its expiration date and the formulation is degrading. Or you may not be using enough occlusive ("barrier") agents like petroleum jelly.

MemberMember
(@estherpang87)

Posted : 06/02/2013 9:51 am

Me too.. Started to Feel Burning sensation after applying benzoyl peroxide for abt 2 weeks. Is it normal?

MemberMember
(@celestialelf)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:07 pm

BP did the same thing to me when I was on Dan's regimen. ;o; I thought it was my moisturizer at first, but that seemed unlikely since it was specifically for sensitive skin. It was just the BP. I think it's normal, it just makes your skin sensitive to other things you put on.

MemberMember
(@solveanceforever)

Posted : 06/06/2013 10:15 pm

start reading -- http://www.acne.org/faq.html

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 06/11/2013 8:11 pm

you apply moisturizer way to quickly after BP. When i was on it my derm said wait 15 after cleanse- apply BP- Wait another 10 to 15 mins and apply moisturizer.