Notifications
Clear all

Is Vitamin B5 Right For Dry Skin + Acne?

MemberMember
(@dantheman123)

Posted : 11/19/2012 12:30 am

I've read B5 is amazing for acne since it reduces oil, but if you're like me and have very dried out skin + acne is it right to take something that reduces oil? Would it make fly face more dry ?

MemberMember
(@lola111)

Posted : 11/19/2012 3:10 am

Taking huge doses of vitamins is not a holistic approach by any means. Most likely it is going to make your face even more dry and it's not going to cure acne. Have you tried any diet changes for getting rid of acne?

MemberMember
(@dantheman123)

Posted : 11/19/2012 5:13 pm

Taking huge doses of vitamins is not a holistic approach by any means. Most likely it is going to make your face even more dry and it's not going to cure acne. Have you tried any diet changes for getting rid of acne?

I started diet changes about a week ago, so I guess its too early to tell but I think it's helping. I'm not really trying to megadose on B5 I was just wondering if taking one tablet a day would be good

MemberMember
(@somehelp123)

Posted : 11/19/2012 9:45 pm

People have tried 10 grams a day of b5. To me that's way too much, but it's something you can try. Just work your way up to it.

People have tried 10 grams a day of b5. To me that's way too much, but it's something you can try. Just work your way up to it.

Whoops sorry for that double reply. Stupid phone lol.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 11/19/2012 10:21 pm

I bought Vitamin B5 today actually. I'm just going to take 1-2 grams a day.

MemberMember
(@lola111)

Posted : 11/20/2012 9:09 am

B5 can have side-effects such as hair loss. Try a small dose, although 1g is already a lot for any vitamin. Taking synthetic vitamins can also prevent the absorption of other important vitamins. Look into colloidal vitamins, they can actually make a difference.