Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snsdgirl14

Red/pink Mark After Picking

So, yesterday morning I picked at a pimple that wasn't ready to be popped yet. The area around the pimple turned REALLY red - it was odd because I didn't break the skin or anything, just irritated it, but it still turned really red. Then it became dry, almost like a thin scab. After my shower today the dead skin sloughed off revealing healthy skin underneath. But it's bright pink-red, very noticeable.

I don't think I pulled the scab off prematurely or anything, it sloughed off on its own. But why is this skin pink/red? And how long until it fades into a more normal color? I'm shocked that it had this dramatic of a reaction because I didn't even pick that hard.

that happened to me a few weeks ago. if you don't do anything to it, it'll get really dry and kind of flake off...so maybe in a week you could just exfoliate it off your skin? but it's going to leave a mark that's kind of purplish brown but it'll be really small, and will go away in a couple of months.