Notifications
Clear all

Trade-Off With High-Carb Foods

MemberMember
(@mushyyy)

Posted : 11/18/2012 10:28 am

There are some situations in which is very difficult to avoid high-carb foods.

A friend invites you in his house for a dinner or going into a pizzeria just to hang out with your mates are quite common situations.

Even though our daily diet is supposed to be low in carb-intake, sometimes we are "forced" to eat potatoes, pasta, pizza etc..

I have 2 questions about finding a trade-off that doesn't hurt too much our skin:

1)I know there are some foods that are anti-inflammatories, such as turmeric, onion, cinnamon etc.. What about if we eat those foods along with pizza and others insuline-spiking ? Should the overall effect be less dangerous on our skin?

2) The GL is what counts the most during a meal. If we eat one whole pizza and that a bowl of salad or other low-carb food, should the overall intake be less armful and therefore healthier?

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 11/19/2012 10:48 am

Pizza isn't really going to spike your insulin because of all the fat. Just don't pig out and don't do it to often. Make the rest of your meals very, very good. Always eat those anti inflammatory foods.

Having a salad with a vinegar dressing before a carb meal helps a lot.

Carry fiber capsules to take before a carb thing like someone's birthday cake.

Doing some intense exercise that uses big muscles helps burn off the sugar quickly as well. Squats, stair climbing, etc.

MemberMember
(@mushyyy)

Posted : 11/20/2012 5:29 am

Thank you for the answer.

Could you elaborate a little bit more about fiber capsules?

Is all the food with high fiber good for our skin?Even though is a combination of fiber+carb?

MemberMember
(@o-havoc-o)

Posted : 11/20/2012 12:07 pm

There are some situations in which is very difficult to avoid high-carb foods.

A friend invites you in his house for a dinner or going into a pizzeria just to hang out with your mates are quite common situations.

Even though our daily diet is supposed to be low in carb-intake, sometimes we are "forced" to eat potatoes, pasta, pizza etc..

I have 2 questions about finding a trade-off that doesn't hurt too much our skin:

1)I know there are some foods that are anti-inflammatories, such as turmeric, onion, cinnamon etc.. What about if we eat those foods along with pizza and others insuline-spiking ? Should the overall effect be less dangerous on our skin?

2) The GL is what counts the most during a meal. If we eat one whole pizza and that a bowl of salad or other low-carb food, should the overall intake be less armful and therefore healthier?

A my nutritionist tells me.

No excuses.

Take your own food or ask your friend to prepare a low carb alternative for you. You'd be surprised how accommodating people can be if you explain why.

Also. GL...... Massively overrated.

GI and GL has been mostly tested on fasted people to obtained the table and index. Very little has been done on non fasted people. Also protein and fats lessen GI and GL therefore it is of little relevence.

Just eat nutrient dense foods it is that simple.

If you want to have a reward meal once a week then go for it but as alternativista has already said maintain good eating and you'll be fine. Too many people micro manage the little things and lose sight of the goal

MemberMember
(@mushyyy)

Posted : 11/23/2012 4:08 am

Thank you for the answer. My problem is right the one you explained.

I'm able to manage myself at best, but I'd like to know some more techniques to lower the insulin level, just in case.

Is there anything that can keep this level low, even if we eat carb or similar?

You mentioned Fiber. For example?

What else?