Moisturizer Questio...

Notifications
Clear all

Moisturizer Question, New To Regimen, Week 1

MemberMember
(@jan21)

Posted : 11/17/2012 11:49 pm

I have been on the Acne.org regimen for a week now.

AM:

-two pumps of cleanser

-two pumps of moisturizer

PM:

-two pumps of cleanser

-pea size BP

-two pumps of moisturizer (+6 drops joboba oil)

Tomorrow I am upping my dosage of BP!

I've had no serious issues, since I'm starting out so little. I originally have oily skin and now experiencing the dryness and mild flakiness (only after washing and applying BP). Nothing serious.

However, the only thing I am concerned with is the moisturizer. It takes forever to absorb! After a few minutes of spreading it around my face, there's still a good layer just sitting on top of my face. I just sit back and let it absorb on its own. After 15 minutes, it looks as if I have a layer of vegetable oil on my face.

Luckily, I am currently a stay at home mom and haven't been up and about for the past week. So I'm not really complaining. But with Thanksgiving, my daughter's birthday and the holidays coming I know I will be busy and out and about!

Has anyone, women in particular, dealt with this using the DK moisturizer? How did you get rid of the layer of oil on your face during the day to put your make up on, etc etc.

My husband suggested to put less moisturizer, but I'm afraid to switch up anything. Trying hard to follow DK's intructions precisely!

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 11/18/2012 12:07 am

That's one of the only things I didn't like about the acne.org moisturizer. It took literally forever to absorb. I really like the CeraVe moisturizing lotion because it absorbs really quickly and is very gentle. Seems like you're doing the regimen exactly like you should... I hope it works for you! good luck!

MemberMember
(@jan21)

Posted : 11/18/2012 12:20 am

That's one of the only things I didn't like about the acne.org moisturizer. It took literally forever to absorb. I really like the CeraVe moisturizing lotion because it absorbs really quickly and is very gentle. Seems like you're doing the regimen exactly like you should... I hope it works for you! good luck!

Thank you! With the CeraVe, would you use the same amount as DK's moisturizer and still add the joboba oil?

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 11/18/2012 5:55 pm

Thank you! With the CeraVe, would you use the same amount as DK's moisturizer and still add the joboba oil?

yep, that's what I do. One of the ingredients in there doesn't like benzoyl peroxide too much so just be careful of that, the first time you use it your skin might burn a little. But seriously I love the CeraVe moisturizer. Works well with the regimen

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 11/18/2012 10:04 pm

Hi Jan, congrats on reaching the end of week 1. Sounds like you're going nice and slow, so hopefully your dryness shouldnt be too bad.

I felt the same way about the acne org moisturiser, thinking that it took forever to absorb but out of all the other moisturisers I tried, Dan's got me clear while the others caused me to still get blocked pores. I agree with the above poster that Cerave is a lovely moisturiser and is non greasy but unfortunately that one was the one that blocked up my pores the most (but everyones skin is different). My suggestion to you is to follow the regimen exactly (as you are) and once you are clear, then start experimenting with different products that may suit you better.

As for your problem with the moisturiser not absorbing, I find that applying one pump of moisturiser to my face and letting that absorb fully before applying a second pump really helped. Then after applying the second pump and moving it around my face for a while, I would let the rest absorb on its own for about 5 mins. It still looked like a thick layer of "vegetable oil" was on my face but after leaving it for 5 mins and then coming back to rub the rest in, it took far less time and was fully absorbed. I would then just apply my foundation (only if I really needed to) using a stipple brush and even though it looked really oily and gluggy, after 20 mins the foundation would set along with the moisturiser and it looked fine. (so in otherwords, avoid a mirror for 30 mins after applying foundation).

I wish you all the best of luck with the regimen, keep following it precisely and not add any additional steps or products and hopefully you will have the same success as I have had. Good luck! :)

MemberMember
(@jan21)

Posted : 11/19/2012 12:00 am

Hi Jan, congrats on reaching the end of week 1. Sounds like you're going nice and slow, so hopefully your dryness shouldnt be too bad.

I felt the same way about the acne org moisturiser, thinking that it took forever to absorb but out of all the other moisturisers I tried, Dan's got me clear while the others caused me to still get blocked pores. I agree with the above poster that Cerave is a lovely moisturiser and is non greasy but unfortunately that one was the one that blocked up my pores the most (but everyones skin is different). My suggestion to you is to follow the regimen exactly (as you are) and once you are clear, then start experimenting with different products that may suit you better.

As for your problem with the moisturiser not absorbing, I find that applying one pump of moisturiser to my face and letting that absorb fully before applying a second pump really helped. Then after applying the second pump and moving it around my face for a while, I would let the rest absorb on its own for about 5 mins. It still looked like a thick layer of "vegetable oil" was on my face but after leaving it for 5 mins and then coming back to rub the rest in, it took far less time and was fully absorbed. I would then just apply my foundation (only if I really needed to) using a stipple brush and even though it looked really oily and gluggy, after 20 mins the foundation would set along with the moisturiser and it looked fine. (so in otherwords, avoid a mirror for 30 mins after applying foundation).

I wish you all the best of luck with the regimen, keep following it precisely and not add any additional steps or products and hopefully you will have the same success as I have had. Good luck! :)

I will definitely try that from now on. Thank you for taking the time to reply! Glad the regimen worked out for you, hope I have the same luck :)

MemberMember
(@luvleylori)

Posted : 11/19/2012 1:55 am

Hi Jan, glad that you are using the regimen. It definetly worked for me and the family I recommended it too. During my first week I was so nervous because I wanted to make sure that I used it the rite way and it sounds like you are. I have been on the regimen for 3 months and I only use one pump of the moisturizer now. I also bought the jojobo oil but because my face is already oily I only used it maybe three time becasue it felt like my face could cook an egg. You really dont need the jojobo oil because the moisturizer has some in it. Thats just my opinion though. Just try whats best for you and eventually you will know what you can do without. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@jan21)

Posted : 11/21/2012 11:38 pm

Hi Jan, glad that you are using the regimen. It definetly worked for me and the family I recommended it too. During my first week I was so nervous because I wanted to make sure that I used it the rite way and it sounds like you are. I have been on the regimen for 3 months and I only use one pump of the moisturizer now. I also bought the jojobo oil but because my face is already oily I only used it maybe three time becasue it felt like my face could cook an egg. You really dont need the jojobo oil because the moisturizer has some in it. Thats just my opinion though. Just try whats best for you and eventually you will know what you can do without. Good luck.

Thank you! If you don't mind me asking, how did you do between your 1st and 2nd week? My face is starting to get REALLY dry after bumping up to a pea sized amount of BP, morning and night. Waiting after washing and applying BP is the worst for me. And even with applying 1 pump of moisturizer still feels so heavy and greasy for me. Aaah, I get the urge to just give up. But I'm trying my best to stick to it. I'm afraid to add more BP in the future. Any advice?

MemberMember
(@luvleylori)

Posted : 11/22/2012 5:57 am

DO NOT GIVE UP!!! The first couple of weeks was bad, my face peeled and looked so gross. Just keep using the moisturizer even though it may feel heavy. Dont be afaid of the BP, its your friend. Your face is just getting used to it. I swear it gets better. YOU CAN DO IT nod.gif I documented my progress on youtube. Check it out luvlylori85. My face aint perfect but it is hella of alot better.

MemberMember
(@jan21)

Posted : 11/23/2012 1:22 am

DO NOT GIVE UP!!! The first couple of weeks was bad, my face peeled and looked so gross. Just keep using the moisturizer even though it may feel heavy. Dont be afaid of the BP, its your friend. Your face is just getting used to it. I swear it gets better. YOU CAN DO IT nod.gif I documented my progress on youtube. Check it out luvlylori85. My face aint perfect but it is hella of alot better.

I checked out your progress on YouTube, it def inspired me to stay and fight through this. So happy it's working for you girl! <3

MemberMember
(@missdee207)

Posted : 11/26/2012 7:34 am

When can you get off the regimen?

MemberMember
(@skintuition)

Posted : 11/27/2012 9:32 pm

When can you get off the regimen?

i don't think you ever can

MemberMember
(@missdee207)

Posted : 11/28/2012 10:40 am