Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

Anyone Lost Their Girlfriend/boyfriend Cause Of Acne?

I have never had a girlfriend, except once, but it was when i was clear skinned, pretty much after I have not had one since. It wasn't because of acne though.

But has anyone lost a relationship because of damn acne?

ive never had one but everytime i find a girl that i like things dont work out because of the fact that i have acne or that im too socially awkward because of my acne...kind of interesting and depressing to see natural selection is trying to kill acne through my life :/

My acne has always been light or light mild

But I never had a problem getting girls.

Had only one girlfriend in my life ( in my acne worst stage) I'm 22

But I'm not a boyfriend type material I guess yet.

Acne never really took my confidence down, i guess cause I always still seen to attract girls.

Show that you don't care about your zits and girls wont even notice is there.

Ha

Yeup I have. I was insecure about it which is more unattractive then acne itself apparently

ive never had one but everytime i find a girl that i like things dont work out because of the fact that i have acne or that im too socially awkward because of my acne...kind of interesting and depressing to see natural selection is trying to kill acne through my life :/

Same here. A year ago a guy I really liked asked me out and I said no because my skin was horrible and I felt ugly and disgusting and not worthy of him. Ever since I've regretted it, and I'm tortured by it. And because I'm so extremely awkward I haven't been able to mend things.

Edited by TheSavyBanana

<p>

<br />

<br />

ive never had one but everytime i find a girl that i like things dont work out because of the fact that i have acne or that im too socially awkward because of my acne...kind of interesting and depressing to see natural selection is trying to kill acne through my life :/<br />

<br />

<br />

Same here. A year ago a guy I really liked asked me out and I said no because my skin was horrible and I felt ugly and disgusting and not worthy of him. Ever since I&#39;ve regretted it, and I&#39;m tortured by it. And because I&#39;m so extremely awkward I haven&#39;t been able to mend things.<br />

I've never had a gf or female friends. =\. But really, if someone leaves you 'cause of acne, that person isn't worth your time. Move on~~~~~~

Edited by Ghostunit

I've pushed a few people away because of acne/insecurities. I tend not to put myself in a situation where I may potentially be interested in the opposite sex. My moods fluctuate depending on how bad my acne is. A relationship with this type of mindset is a recipe for disaster, though I'm trying to change.

Never had one, but I suppose that's the point. Being insecure about your skin is not attractive, which is why I don't think I will get one either until my skin is back to normal.

I've pushed a few people away because of acne/insecurities. I tend not to put myself in a situation where I may potentially be interested in the opposite sex. My moods fluctuate depending on how bad my acne is. A relationship with this type of mindset is a recipe for disaster, though I'm trying to change.

100 percent agree with you on this Lady _C. My mood can fluctuate from one day to the next depending on how I feel about myself on any given day. I know it is a recipe for disaster and I would not want to put any potential partner through an emotional rollercoaster. Like you, I am also looking to change.

Many times I've made this mistake in life. I've been lucky enough to have a few girlfriends in my life, but I always break up with them because of my thoughts about acne and how I always feel like I'm hiding things from them due to how I feel about my self-image...I can never be 100% open and honest with them like I wanna be because I feel like they'd never understand the mental insecurities that come with acne and scarring. Plus I'd never want a girl to see me actually do my regimen at night with topicals and masks and all that stuff....I'd be so embarrassed and she'd probably think I'm a freak or something. I feel like if I ever reach a point in life where I can be totally open and honest with a girl about how I feel about my skin and things like that, then that will be the key that opens up a long-term relationship for me...something I've wanted all my life.

But at the same time girls want confidence in guys and most of them think that insecurities are a turn off in males, so I've not reached a point where I would be comfortable discussing my flaws and how they make me feel with a girl yet. It sucks, but I'm working on it.

lol yup. i'm so emotionally unstable. haah that's so bad to admitt!!saywhat.gif but acne and bdd makes me sooo... ughh.. i push everyone away, and they finally get annoyed with me.

the last guy i was with, my acne and scarring got worse and he never ever called me pretty anymore. id ask him and he said i looked OK. LOL, thanks bro! acne and my emotions stunt my love life. eusa_wall.gif

I have never lost a relationship due to acne, but I have become so focused on it that it became a sticking point in my relationships. I try to aim the frustration here, where people understand and I'll get the specific support for my struggles.

I have never had a girlfriend, except once, but it was when i was clear skinned, pretty much after I have not had one since. It wasn't because of acne though.

But has anyone lost a relationship because of damn acne?

Didn't lose a girlfriend because of acne. Lost a girlfriends because of how i reacted to acne.

It's nothing to do with the actual acne. It is all down to how react and adapt to it,