Notifications
Clear all

Is It That Bad?

MemberMember
(@wrongtiming)

Posted : 11/17/2012 12:08 pm

so i have a bunch of marks left over and i hate looking in the mirror :( but a part of me tells me "it really doesn't look that bad...just kind of like freckles". I know these will go away, but it's gonna take a longggg time. Maybe 6 months. Or something. I'm tired of worrying about my skin so much, and I don't wear make up so I'm forced to look at it whenever I'm at the mirror. But I feel like I'm too paranoid and I just want to know, is it REALLY that bad, and should I be worrying/

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/17/2012 12:21 pm

Marks will diminish with time.

Try glycolic acid face wash they are great for helping exfoliate the skin.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/17/2012 3:18 pm

Not bad at all. Hyperpigmentation like this fades on its own, but there are things you can do to speed it up.

MemberMember
(@xxmarkesiaxx)

Posted : 11/17/2012 3:53 pm

Really not bad at all!

MemberMember
(@carp351)

Posted : 11/18/2012 2:38 am

Mine is similar to yours in color but they are larger in size an they are indented, GOSH can it worse than this! I would be happy to have those marks because to be honest they fade but my scars will never fade and I still have to wait for my purplish marks to fade + mild acne.

MemberMember
(@bodie81)

Posted : 11/18/2012 1:04 pm

Not bad at all. Just a tip - from my experience, hyperpigmentation always tends to fade quicker if you avoid picking or squeezing spots. Easier said than done I know!

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 11/18/2012 6:10 pm

Your skin doesn't look bad at all :) Honestly. In 6 months, all your marks were probably be virtually invisible.

MemberMember
(@wrongtiming)

Posted : 11/19/2012 5:02 pm

so my contact broke in my eye and i was tkaing a picture in the car to see if my eye was really red...and i was absolutely mortified by my marks :(

they look much more noticeable in this picture.

MemberMember
(@snsdgirl14)

Posted : 11/19/2012 11:59 pm

They're really not that bad but always remember that natural lighting in a car + an up close camera is, of course, going to magnify your marks. In real life I'm sure they're better then you think.

Maybe you could try lemon juice or cocoa butter on them?

MemberMember
(@reyrey)

Posted : 11/20/2012 12:40 am

My dark marks look almost exactly like yours. I am of hispanic descent and my skin tone is a bit lighter than yours, more like olive complexion. Well, breakouts always scar with dark spots. Look into using lemon juice/tomato juice/rosehip oil. If left alone, they should fade within 6 months, but if you use certain things like those mentioned above, they should be gone by 3 months.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/20/2012 6:14 am

And if you screw up with those things, they'll last another 6 months.

MemberMember
(@wrongtiming)

Posted : 12/02/2012 9:31 pm

soo, i've been doing some new stuff with my skin and i even went to the derm again. seems to be fading back to normal

, so i'm happy. i have a vacation in about 30 days too so hopefully it'll be better by then

MemberMember
(@takemetoparadise)

Posted : 12/02/2012 9:37 pm

It's only been 2 weeks since you started this thread and they faded so much. You don't have to even be on this site, your skin looks normal. And you are really gorgeous. please don't let acne ruin your life, like it did to me. You have a llife beyond it unlike me, and many others on this site.