Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Ever Tried A Chemical Peel?

MemberMember
(@srotriya)

Posted : 11/17/2012 12:47 am

For me I just feel like burning all the skin off of my face right now because my acne hurts so bad.

MemberMember
(@nakedsmurf)

Posted : 11/17/2012 12:59 am

What %

You had done?

MemberMember
(@skyisborn)

Posted : 11/17/2012 2:12 am

Yes!! Just a little over a week ago I had a Vi Peel done. I have developed moderate acne (basically just bumps that never go away, whether they're puss filled or just swollen bumps and a lot of redness). I was hopeful after 24 hours, my skin felt tight and smooth for the first time in months. But, as I started peeling the layer underneath was still the same, ugly, red and pimply skin. I was SO disappointed :( I actually cried the entire week of peeling.

We decided to do the normal Vi Peel on my skin because I'm pretty sensitive, but there is one specifically for acne. Maybe give that a try? Overall it was a huge waste of $250. :(

MemberMember
(@skyisborn)

Posted : 11/17/2012 3:47 am

I just posted photos of my peeling process, you can check them out if you want! :) I wish you the best.

MemberMember
(@mgx)

Posted : 11/17/2012 6:15 am

yes..... everytime i go to my derm for a facial he offers me a chemical peel...sometimes i do sometimes i don't do it....

i have done it more than several times now... just recently i did a facial + chem peel...

the part that hurts the most is when he extracts+injects my pimples.... he explained that without doing so you might get zits on top of zits.....which makes sense...it's just that sometimes i chicken out coz of that......

after that murderous procedure, he would clean my face with a clindamycin solution, then he applies the chemical peel ( which stings like a F$#%ing Bitch!) which would only stay for a few seconds, and then wash my face again with sterile water.....

it would take a couple of days before the actual peeling.... i just make sure to hydrate, moisturize, and when the peeling comes sometimes i put a little baking soda on my cleanser to help slough off the deadskin cells..... i wash my face with a scrub no more than 2x a week.....

i don't know how they do chem peels where you are from but here, you can't expect it to be painless....

just be ready if ever you're going to have a chem peel.... best wishes!!!

Yes!! Just a little over a week ago I had a Vi Peel done. I have developed moderate acne (basically just bumps that never go away, whether they're puss filled or just swollen bumps and a lot of redness). I was hopeful after 24 hours, my skin felt tight and smooth for the first time in months. But, as I started peeling the layer underneath was still the same, ugly, red and pimply skin. I was SO disappointed sad.png I actually cried the entire week of peeling.

We decided to do the normal Vi Peel on my skin because I'm pretty sensitive, but there is one specifically for acne. Maybe give that a try? Overall it was a huge waste of $250. sad.png

whoa... $250???....... here where i'm from my derm does my facial+chem peel for 1500pesos which is about $35.

MemberMember
(@steamroom)

Posted : 11/21/2012 10:47 pm

I had Salicylic Acid 10%, 20%, and 30% performed at the office. The flaking was horrendous and so was the peeling when the peel was not neutralized. But worth it - I have perfect skin.

Never would have thought since last year I had red marks all over my face.

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 11/21/2012 11:09 pm

The jessner peel is supposed to work great for acne.