Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars - Classification & Treatment

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 11/16/2012 10:43 pm

I came across an excellent publication on grading types and severity of acne scarring, as well as the best treatment approach for each type of scarring, a few months ago. I wanted to post it to the forum, but the file is too large at nearly 3MB. After a few Google searches, I found the publication on Scribd. You can find it here:

http://www.scribd.co.../Acne-and-Scars

The document is long at over 120 pages. If you join Scribd, you can download the pdf. It's a great read and resource for anyone hoping to treat their scars. I hope you find it as useful as I have.

For your reference, here's a glimpse of what's touched on:

==================

Table of Contents.

1 Classification of acne scars: A review with clinical and ultrasound correlation

2 Pathophysiology of acne scars 8

3 Hypertrophic and keloidal scars 11

4 Topical therapy for acne scarring 20

5 Superficial peeling 27

6 Medium depth and deep peeling 34

7 Dermabrasion for acne scars 42

8 Fillers and fat transfer for treatment of acne scarring 49

9 Needling 57

10 Fractional photothermolysis for acne scars 67

11 Nonablative and ablative devices for the treatment of acne scars 72

12 Surgical techniques: Excision, grafting, punch techniques and subcision 76

13 Camouflage: Clinical importance of corrective cover cosmetic (Camouflage)and quality-of-life outcome in the management of patients with acne scarringand/or post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation 87

14 Acne scars in Asian patients 90

15 Acne scarring and patients of African descent 98

16 Treatment algorithm for acne scars 110

==================

Best of luck to all fellow sufferers!

Acne-and-Scars-scrfmt.pdf

MemberMember
(@quirky-fox)

Posted : 11/16/2012 10:48 pm

Awesome, more research.

Wow, that's a tonne of information. :D These are the kinds of things I like having at my fingertips.

Thanks very much for sharing! xx

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 11/16/2012 11:08 pm

You're welcome! :) I love reading medical journals & clinical studies on this topic. Every single time I glance at this publication, I learn something that I missed previously. It's a ton of information, indeed!

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 11/17/2012 2:39 pm

Hey Girl, Great Info!

MemberMember
(@jbird12)

Posted : 11/19/2012 11:34 pm

Wow..incredible find! This should be pinned to the top of this forum.

MemberMember
(@dragonn)

Posted : 11/20/2012 1:02 am

Hey jbird,

Any updates since your mixto treatment? It seemed like you had excellent results at first.

Have they maintained?

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@jbird12)

Posted : 11/20/2012 2:16 pm

Hey jbird,

Any updates since your mixto treatment? It seemed like you had excellent results at first.

Have they maintained?

Thanks!

I actually just had my second Mixto session Friday. My face is recovering much quicker this time even with the same intensity of treatment. At this point, I'm just various shades of red and swollen but no other issues. My doctor put me on an antibiotic and biafine which I guess has assisted in the recovery.

My first treatment left me with pretty decent results but I still had some deeper rolling/boxscars on my cheeks that needed additional treatments. I'm hoping for even better results this time but the scarring on my cheeks has been very stubborn to most treatments.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/20/2012 6:17 pm

Wow..incredible find! This should be pinned to the top of this forum.

I agree, I'll add it to the existing pinned Acne Scar Treatments topic.

Thanks, TokyoGirl!

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 11/20/2012 6:23 pm

Thank you, AKL! You guys can now download the file from my post (above) without joining Scribd.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/20/2012 6:38 pm

No problem, glad I could help. FYI: the pdf is a downsized version of the original. Perfect for on-screen reading, but if you want to print it, you'd better download the original. Oh and TokyoGirl...the file size was 8 Mb, not 3. I suggest you check out this website tongue.png Thanks again for the great info!

MemberMember
(@tokyogirl)

Posted : 11/20/2012 7:02 pm

Haahaa! That's hilarious. Yeah, glasses might be in order but I prefer to be partially blind. It hides my scars!