Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ximagnesx

Will My Skin Get Clear?

I;m at my wits. Seriously. My skin recently get so dry that it get dry patches on my cheeks. Very dry patches. It look horrible! The redness is due to the dryness as well. I'm feeling so down! Looking at my past photos, i admit that who i am a year ago wasn't satisified with how my skin look like but now, i'm wondering what the hell am i thinking! It was good enough to not cover up but now my skin looks like i NEED to cover to not scare people off! I'm on the regimen for almost 3 years plus. It was clear with minimum spots here and there. But few months ago, i took advantage of my clear skin and i slept with makeup on and get up to wash my face only after the next morning. That's the stupiest thing i could ever done! I did that in consistent for almost 4 days. Now i'm so regret! I've attached images of my current skin condition., please be aware it's really scary. Will consistently using of BP helps them? Or i need something much more stronger?

It looks like you mostly have hyperpigmentation with a few breakouts. I think getting an exfoliating cream from the dermatologist would help a lot. If you can't get to a dermatologist I would try glycolic acid.

I;m at my wits. Seriously. My skin recently get so dry that it get dry patches on my cheeks. Very dry patches. It look horrible! The redness is due to the dryness as well. I'm feeling so down! Looking at my past photos, i admit that who i am a year ago wasn't satisified with how my skin look like but now, i'm wondering what the hell am i thinking! It was good enough to not cover up but now my skin looks like i NEED to cover to not scare people off! I'm on the regimen for almost 3 years plus. It was clear with minimum spots here and there. But few months ago, i took advantage of my clear skin and i slept with makeup on and get up to wash my face only after the next morning. That's the stupiest thing i could ever done! I did that in consistent for almost 4 days. Now i'm so regret! I've attached images of my current skin condition., please be aware it's really scary. Will consistently using of BP helps them? Or i need something much more stronger?

It looks like you mostly have hyperpigmentation with a few breakouts. I think getting an exfoliating cream from the dermatologist would help a lot. If you can't get to a dermatologist I would try glycolic acid.

I have to partially agree with you ,because glycolic acid (AHA) works on the surface on the skin and if you still have active acne might not be the best call.

BHA is much better if you still have active acne(1%-2%) as for the exfoliation but you still need to treat your active acne ,antibiotics work good or accutane as a last resort.

If you have any questions ,ask.

Hi, thanks for replying! I'm using AHA almost every night after my BP and moisturizer. But not sure if the redness could also be due to the use of AHA.

I have to partially agree with you ,because glycolic acid (AHA) works on the surface on the skin and if you still have active acne might not be the best call.

BHA is much better if you still have active acne(1%-2%) as for the exfoliation but you still need to treat your active acne ,antibiotics work good or accutane as a last resort.

I'm taking Doxy (antibiotics) now and i believe my acne get worst it's because of it too. But i'm still on it. It's been about 1.5 months since my start of antibiotics. I'm thinking of taking Diane35 birth control pllls to control my acne. IS it true that if i were to take diane35, i've to wait till my acne is clear? Would anyone recommend me to take since my mens come on regular basics? I'm not sure if my acne is due to hormo or whatsoever.

Hi, thanks for replying! I'm using AHA almost every night after my BP and moisturizer. But not sure if the redness could also be due to the use of AHA.

I'm taking Doxy (antibiotics) now and i believe my acne get worst it's because of it too. But i'm still on it. It's been about 1.5 months since my start of antibiotics. I'm thinking of taking Diane35 birth control pllls to control my acne. IS it true that if i were to take diane35, i've to wait till my acne is clear? Would anyone recommend me to take since my mens come on regular basics? I'm not sure if my acne is due to hormo or whatsoever.

I don't know much about Diane35 but to answer ur question ,you have to wait on every medicine or topical out there ,diane 35 will only help if ur acne is hormonal.

Are you seeing a dermatologist?

I personally think that your case is moderate, my sister has it about 3 times worst, she has a connection of cysts and lots of hyperpigmentation, I get impressed when she goes to the gym with no make-up on, but don't get me wrong she cakes on makeup when she goes to work on the register. I personally won't be scared if I saw you because I have it worst. I got some acne, a lot of dark spots and I got scars all on my cheeks from picking. I highly advice to not pick and go to a dermatologist and ask for retin-a because it does work but you gotta be patient, be glad you don't have scars.