Notifications
Clear all

If Bp Failed Try Paleo!

MemberMember
(@scarlett0)

Posted : 11/16/2012 3:25 am

I've been on this diet for two days now and so far it's worked the best for my acne!

I've been using the Acne.org BP for around five years now and while it used to work for me, suddenly my skin has become extremely sensitive to it. My skin tone was constantly uneven and redness was prominent everywhere. My acne was definitely not going away. Story of our lives right...

A week ago I decided to stop BP all together and focus on moisturizing my skin and not irritating it. At the same time, I realized that eliminating BP and just moisturizing may even out the redness but won't do anything for the excess oil production and acne-prone skin.

Two days ago I looked at myself in the mirror and saw two enormous whiteheads right about to emerge. In that moment I had an epiphany and decided I was not going to deal with the same constant excruciatingly hideous outbreaks anymore. I was going to do anything to get rid of this. I couldn't let acne ruin the rest of my teenage years. Knowing topical products had only ended up ruining my skin, I decided to go through a different path in clearing my acne--the Paleo diet which aimed to cleanse from the inside.

It's been two days and I must say my face is clearing up! I guess it's early to be definite regarding the results of the diet but I truly have faith in this. I really like how it's not something that is topical like BP or Salicylic Acid but works to cleanse your skin from the inside. It not only has acne-clearing benefits but really nourishes the rest of your body.

I think an important key in sticking with this Diet is truly understanding how it is affecting your body. The food you put into your body are the building blocks for your skin, hair, body functions and so much more. By eliminating processed and artificial foods, you decrease your risk of cancer and a wide variety of diseases in the future. Why not create good eating habits now? There are way too many benefits for this diet plan to be overlooked.

(For those who don't know what the diet is, it is a plan that defies agriculture and sticks to foods that are not created by the means of farming, processing or by genetic engineering. Basically, you eat like a caveman from 10,000 years ago when they used to hunt and gather food themselves!)

It's only been two days since I started the diet but I am 100% confident in sticking with it.

Honestly, the thought of putting processed and artificial foods in my mouth just grosses me out.

Of course at the same time, there are many different ways of looking at this diet. Some people stick to every "rule" in the diet while others "cheat" every now and then. I completely understand their perspective. It's really difficult to break away from a diet that you are accustomed to and your taste buds have been devoted to. But by modifying and "cheating" every now and then, I think the diet becomes more bearable and reasonable for many people. Even if you don't stick to the fundamentals all the time, it will still make a huge difference in your health and skin (YAY!!)

I hope many of you will be able to get through the diet!

Best wishes smile.png

P.S. let me just include what I ate for the past two days incase anyone was curious.

P.P.S For a complete list of foods you can eat on the diet, Google!

Day 1

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Pear

Dinner: Pumpkin, Peppered, boiled Chicken Breast with slices of cucumber, persimmon

(I know it doesn't sound like a lot but when you're in the motivated mindset, it was pretty fulfilling! Besides, anyone else too busy studying for midterms to be focused on eating? haha....)

Day 2:

Breakfast: Pear

Lunch: leafy salad (spring mix) with boiled egg, tomato and avocado as topping. (no dressing)

Dinner: Boiled Pumpkin, Boiled Sweet Potato, Boiled Chicken Breast, Green smoothie (persimmon, banana, spinach, mint, lemon) UMMM WHY WAS THIS SO YUMMY? ^___^

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/16/2012 3:58 am

This diet is very high in starch.

It may set you up for failure.

But, it just might cure you because whatever you were eating before, was so terrible.

You're still in your teens, so it may just pass because you are outgrowing it.

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 04/15/2015 3:28 am

How is it going for you? I recently took on a similar diet. If it didn't workout, I can help. Everyone is original, so there are some foods you may react to that no one else would. Just qoute or pm me, I guess.

Edit:

Also, remember there is a detox process that can last 3 months before you heal and clear.