Notifications
Clear all

Skincare After Accutane Course

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 11/15/2012 7:44 am

I am nearing the end of my 2nd course of accutane and i remember after my first course because my face was so clear i didn't really moistursie everyday and used a facial scrub on my face daily. Now the second time i want to take proper good care of my face- currently i wash my face twice a day (morning and night) with a light face wash and put on a light hyrdating moisturiser again morning and night. After my course has finished should i continue with this?

MemberMember
(@grn93)

Posted : 11/15/2012 8:17 am

I finished my course two months ago and stopped using moisturizer. few days later my skin started to oily and very oily now. Could this be due to the fact that I do not use moisturizer? Just wash with water: (: (: (

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 11/15/2012 9:03 am

I finished my course two months ago and stopped using moisturizer. few days later my skin started to oily and very oily now. Could this be due to the fact that I do not use moisturizer? Just wash with water: (: (: (

I remember last year when i stopped using moisturiser- in the summer my face went really horrible not only did i get huge cysts on my face but also i started noticing wrinkle lines on my forehead, i'm only 20! I'm not sure what to do?

MemberMember
(@avenger)

Posted : 11/15/2012 9:15 am

You should defiantly keep up a good skin care routine post Accutane.

You should still cleanse and moisturise twice a day.

Everyone, acne prone or not should always use a moisturiser.

Some people like to use either Retin A or something similar to maintain the results of Accutane. I use Retin A 3 times per week in the evening.

Hope this helps you :)

Avenger

MemberMember
(@spidermanforever)

Posted : 11/15/2012 9:43 am

Hi, could you please tell me more about retin A, i remember after my first course my derm didn't mention anything about it?

MemberMember
(@avenger)

Posted : 11/15/2012 11:41 am

Hi, could you please tell me more about retin A, i remember after my first course my derm didn't mention anything about it?

Retin-A is a brand name for Tretinoin which is the acid form of Vitamin A. Other brands are called Renova, Avita, Tretin-X etc. I live in the UK and the only form of Tretinoin you can get is Retin-A in the gel form only.

It's a prescription only medication used to treat wrinkles, fine lines, acne, photo ageing, skin texture and skin tone problems.

To keep it simple, all Retin-A does is increase cell turnover by chemically exfoliating the top layer of the skin, and also increases collagen production. Retin-A helps acne patients by preventing pores from becoming clogged and pushing the clogged pores out, which is why it's a chosen favourite for post Accutane users as it maintains the effects of Accutane.

Hope this helps.

Avenger

MemberMember
(@grn93)

Posted : 11/15/2012 1:21 pm

Hello Avenger;) I started using Retin-A Cream 0.05%, only 1 time because my skin is very oilyed . Why is that? Retin-A is only enabled after accutane, but why me make oily ?: (

MemberMember
(@ihateacne96)

Posted : 06/30/2014 5:30 pm

Hello I'm 17 I have how been on accutane for 6 months but I stopped taking it 30 days ago I am just waiting for the accuatne to get out of my system got like a day left, I was just wondering what to do In terms of skin routine, I'm currently using simple soap and water and simple moistiuser but I'm not sure what to do to make me shed skin, my red marks are quite see able and I don't no what to clean with HELPPPPPP