Notifications
Clear all

Month 3 Of Accutane And My Face Looks Disgusting

MemberMember
(@blissbalance)

Posted : 11/14/2012 8:11 pm

I am getting pimples in places I've never gotten them before on my face.

I am using Cetaphil cleanser and I think the crap is breaking my face out.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for moisturizers that WON'T break me out??? The Cetaphil ones do. Ugh I hate that brand.

I hate acne. I HATE ACNE. I hate feeling judged all day because people look at my skin and think I'm ugly and remember how I used to look without acne.. My face is so red and inflamed and it has NOT gotten better at all. I am on 40mg and the only side effects I've had are headaches.

MemberMember
(@aed2712)

Posted : 11/14/2012 9:47 pm

I am currently on accutane and I use Cerave lotion. I used to use generic cetaphil lotion but it was just so greasy. It didn't break me out though. But, cetaphil cleansers DID break me out. What are you using as a cleanser? I use clean and clear sensitive wash. I would recommend that or aveeno moisturizing bar. :) I really just don't like cetaphil stuff! Have you talked to your derm about your face not getting better? Maybe a different dosage would help... but it's only month 3, so there is still hope.

MemberMember
(@tezza198)

Posted : 11/14/2012 10:24 pm

its funny accutane seems to tease some people, ive heard in some cases people are still getting breakouts into there 5th month and only clear up in 6-7 months so its a real paience game unfortuntly...

MemberMember
(@sfteen)

Posted : 11/14/2012 11:46 pm

be patient

MemberMember
(@andrewbleah)

Posted : 11/15/2012 5:41 am

I totaly agree with tezza , some people do break out on their 5th month ,and only clear at 6-7 month.

Also getting new spots where you didin't use to get , your still probably having the inital break out

MemberMember
(@blissbalance)

Posted : 11/21/2012 8:48 pm

Ahh great >_<

Thanks guys. I stopped using Cetaphil cleanser. I swear it is clogging my pores. & now I'm getting even more pimples on my jawline and neck :/

But I'm using Simple moisturizer. It kind of burns when I put it on and makes my acne look even more red. It's really hard for me to go to school now. I just feel very uncomfortable and have half the confidence I should have..

MemberMember
(@zhfac)

Posted : 11/21/2012 11:22 pm

Not sure if it's sold in the States (I'm assuming that's where you're from) but Spectro Jel has never given me problems. Also I hear a lot of good things about Cerave Moisturizers.

MemberMember
(@wahooza)

Posted : 11/23/2012 10:57 pm

25yo M, persistent non-scarring cystic/nodular acne since teenager, worsened in past 2 months. started accutane 1 month at 20mg, just bumped to 40mg qd, significant jaw line nodules so i'm starting low dose dexamethasone 0.25mg qd for 1 month on top of the accutane 40mg, topical clindamycin/2.5%BP.

(the accutane made me get tons of nodules as my IB for weeks 2-3 but have since subsided and are just healing scar

i just switched to 40mg once a day and am starting another IB in brand new places, neck, jawline, etc. kind of annoying.

i dont think its the cetaphil, i think its just more IB and your body adjusting to accutane.

MemberMember
(@pontiac)

Posted : 11/24/2012 3:37 am

Has anyone on Accutane experienced increasing lethargy throughout the course? I've only been on 0.2 mg/kg for about 6 months and I'm going to try for another 2 months since the dose is so low, but the fatigue has been increasing every month and now I just feel completely lethargic. dozing.gif I've also been taking 100 mg of spironolactone for over a year without any issues. I basically started taking Accutane hoping for a more permanent solution since Spironolactone is a great medication for acne as well, I just didn't want to take it forever.

By the way, I actually found that serums are much less irritating than moisturisers.

MemberMember
(@elsewhere)

Posted : 11/24/2012 8:25 am

Fatigue has been a reported side effect of Accutane, yes.