Notifications
Clear all

Salicylic Acid Reaction

MemberMember
(@caiti)

Posted : 11/14/2012 9:08 am

I think i might have some sort of allergy/negative reaction to Salicylic Acid. I've used the T3 acne body spray to get rid of my back acne that has the active ingredient Salicylic Acid. But more bumps seems to have surfaced 3 days after i began using this straight after i shower.

Also, i have used the neutrogena deep clean cleanser on my face which also has Salicylic Acid as the active ingredient. And more pimples and whiteheads have begun to appear on my cheeks every since i started using it. However, the cleanser works really well for the pimples on my forehead.

What's going on man!!

MemberMember
(@hopeful479)

Posted : 11/14/2012 9:40 am

Probably like you stated. I too am allergic to salicylic acid, my skin get's red and inflamed with tiny raised bumps. I would put oatmeal on it till it calms down and try a different cleanser. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/14/2012 9:47 am

Probably like you stated. I too am allergic to salicylic acid, my skin get's red and inflamed with tiny raised bumps. I would put oatmeal on it till it calms down and try a different cleanser. Good luck!

Same thing happens to me, I get tiny bumps and itchy from SA. Stick to using BP.