Notifications
Clear all

Is Ebay\amazon, Etc. Trustworthy When It Comes To Stuff One Puts On Their Face?

MemberMember
(@eg6947)

Posted : 11/14/2012 8:32 am

Right, the reason I am asking is that because a few of times I needed to order cleansers from the USA and since drugstore and other big retailers do not ship internationally and the service they recommend for shipping internationally is very expensive, sometimes one needs to pay more than $30 for a single item to be delivered which is sometimes more than 5 times the price of the item itself!

On a couple of occasions I had to buy stuff from Amazon or Ebay from sellers with quite high positive feedback, but when the stuff arrives I always feel reluctant to use it worrying that it might have not been stored properly or that it might not be genuine especially after seeing a program on TV in the previous weeks where they arrested some people who were selling bogus stuff online.

So what do you guys think? I am asking because I want to try a cleanser that is only sold in the USA but I do not want to be paying a fortune for shipping and then end up not using it like it was the case many times in the past!

Thanks,

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/14/2012 9:59 am

Right, the reason I am asking is that because a few of times I needed to order cleansers from the USA and since drugstore and other big retailers do not ship internationally and the service they recommend for shipping internationally is very expensive, sometimes one needs to pay more than $30 for a single item to be delivered which is sometimes more than 5 times the price of the item itself!

On a couple of occasions I had to buy stuff from Amazon or Ebay from sellers with quite high positive feedback, but when the stuff arrives I always feel reluctant to use it worrying that it might have not been stored properly or that it might not be genuine especially after seeing a program on TV in the previous weeks where they arrested some people who were selling bogus stuff online.

So what do you guys think? I am asking because I want to try a cleanser that is only sold in the USA but I do not want to be paying a fortune for shipping and then end up not using it like it was the case many times in the past!

Thanks,

All you can really go by is reviews. I think if the product is made in the USA you're pretty safe buying online. All I've encountered is sometimes people try selling expired products so always check the expiration dates. As for shipping there's really not much you can do about that. Sometimes if you spend a certain amount shipping is free or reduced so maybe buy in bulk?