Notifications
Clear all

Concealer On Acne/spots?

MemberMember
(@lucasbomb)

Posted : 11/14/2012 7:20 am

How much does dabbing a small amount of concealer on acne affect it? I just use Rimmel match perfection.

Also I use Rimmer powder bronzer....

how often should I wash/replace make up brushes!??

THANK YOU

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/14/2012 7:36 am

How much does dabbing a small amount of concealer on acne affect it? I just use Rimmel match perfection.

Also I use Rimmer powder bronzer....

how often should I wash/replace make up brushes!??

THANK YOU

Just make sure it's a non-comedogenic concealer/makeup and I wouldn't leave makeup on for more than 5 hours. Minimal is always best for acne. Wash the brushes at least once a week, more so would be ideal. Easiest way to know when brushes should be replaced is if bristles are starting to fall out or you notice breakouts more often than usual despite cleaning the brushes.

MemberMember
(@lucasbomb)

Posted : 11/14/2012 7:49 am

Cool thank you, how can I tell if its non-comedogenic or not?

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/14/2012 10:47 am

Cool thank you, how can I tell if its non-comedogenic or not?

It'll say it somewhere on the container, if it doesn't then it can clog your pores.

MemberMember
(@megno)

Posted : 11/18/2012 3:46 pm

I use Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer (from Sephora) and it's so great, especially for acne. It usually doesn't cake up (unless you apply it on a scab) and stays on for a long time if you set it with powder. The only downside is that it costs $32, but it's worth it for the coverage and a little goes a long way. It's also non-comedogenic. You can also ask for a free sample from a Sephora worker who will match you to your shade. I apply it over foundation with a concealer brush or my fingers, whichever I feel like using that day. I wash my brushes every day or every other day in warm water and use Purpose face wash to wash them. Most people say you should wash them once a week, but I'm a hygiene freak and so careful about what I put on my face so I like to use clean brushes! Plus my makeup looks way smoother when I use a clean brush.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/11/2012 7:29 pm

I use Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer (from Sephora) and it's so great, especially for acne. It usually doesn't cake up (unless you apply it on a scab) and stays on for a long time if you set it with powder. The only downside is that it costs $32, but it's worth it for the coverage and a little goes a long way. It's also non-comedogenic. You can also ask for a free sample from a Sephora worker who will match you to your shade. I apply it over foundation with a concealer brush or my fingers, whichever I feel like using that day. I wash my brushes every day or every other day in warm water and use Purpose face wash to wash them. Most people say you should wash them once a week, but I'm a hygiene freak and so careful about what I put on my face so I like to use clean brushes! Plus my makeup looks way smoother when I use a clean brush.

omg! that is my favourite concealer to ever exist on this whole earth!!!!! i love it so much and i swear i will never buy any other concealer for the rest of my life. if they ever stop making it i would actually be devastated. lol anyways ya this concealer doesnt affect my acne at all ever and covers it so well and it looks very natural. try it you will actually love it no joke nod.gif

MemberMember
(@lucasbomb)

Posted : 12/12/2012 5:28 am

So I replaced my Rimmel with Clinique, lets see if it makes a dfference