Notifications
Clear all

Minocycline And Alcohol

MemberMember
(@jeffery2k)

Posted : 11/13/2012 7:43 pm

Ok, I can't seem to get any straight answers on this, even the pharmacist and doctor seem to disagree when I asked them separately. I know with antibiotics, you should watch how much you drink. But I go out with friends almost every weekend, and we party. I also like to have a beer with dinner (also, I should note I drink IPAs, meaning the alcohol content is anywhere between 6.5-10%, whereas a normal Budweiser would be 5% or less, if that matters).

From what I can gather, it seems it's ok to drink, but just in moderation, and I'm not sure what that means. Yea, I get drunk on some weekends with my friends, and if this is a long term thing, does that mean I can't ever get "drunk" again while I'm on the medication? The pharmacist said limit it to "1 cup" and the doctor said it doesn't interact, but you should always drink in moderation. I'm a pretty healthy individual and work out 5 days a week as well as stick to a healthy diet. My only indulgence is alcohol, and that is because of the social aspects of it, I would hate to have to stop (but am willing if that is what it takes to get rid of my acne). Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Jeff

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/13/2012 8:18 pm

You will be fine I drank on mino and have drank once a week on doxy and have been on it for a long time. I had my liver and kidneys and all that stuff checked multiple times and everything is good so I think its just fine. I would get bloodwork done every 6 months to make sure you are ok. I do think that the alcohol cancels out the antibiotic though at least for that evening.

MemberMember
(@onefatalgoose)

Posted : 11/13/2012 8:32 pm

Jeff,

Are you currently on antibiotics? If so, or if you are considering taking them for acne...

Antibiotics are a temporary solution to a much deeper/complex issue. Acne is a sign that something isn't right internally. (Unless of course you gave yourself acne by slathering loads of chemicals on your face at the first sign of a pimple during puberty).

What do you think will happen when you come off of the meds? And undoubtably, within a couple years or less, you will. And while on them, you will have destroyed all of your beneficial gut flora. I have read countless testimonies of people who went on antibiotics, cleared their acne, and then had it come back worse than it was before the antibiotics after they are taken off of them.

Drugs only address the symptoms. They do not correct the underlying metabolic process that is causing your acne. Your doctors will convince you that they are fine, but that's their job...to sell you drugs. Because the people backing them, and who trained them in the first place, are in bed with Big Pharma. And yes, Big Pharma is actually a thing. A monopoly if you will. And they are recognized by that name. (they created a site called quack watch, with the means of labeling every doctor who practiced alternative medicine a quack) It was a strategic move by them to get everyone to believe all non-AMA practices are bogus. When ironically, it's almost the exact opposite. But there is a fraction of the money to be made from natural cures when compared with pharmaceutical drugs. And they are well aware of this, and will do anything to sway public opinion away from nature. But we are nature, as human beings. And our bodies crave nature to heal.

One of the best things you can do diet wise, is to start incorporating green smoothies into your diet. Like two or three a day. And load them up with spinach. Also, the longer you blend, the better the spinach gets broken up, allowing access to more of the vital nutrients that your body so desperately wants.

Organic/whole foods are equally important. And the idea that organic is no better than non-organic is a joke. Organic isn't sprayed with herbicides and pesticides. And the soil is infinitely cleaner. Also, non GMO project labeled food is even better. As in non genetically modified food. Basically food that has been altered to withstand the harsh herbicides sprayed on them. They've even modified corn to withstand Agent Orange. Yep, the chemical used to clear foliage in Vietnam. And this is the corn that people will be consuming. Agent Orange sprayed corn. Tasty

Also if you can drink from a non-chlorinated/non-fluoridated water supply, that is another huge step. You can purchase distilled water by the gallon from wal mart. $.99 per gallon. Also at GNC, you can pick up liquid calcium/magnesium supps and add a bit to the water so that you are getting mineral rich water.

Long response covering a wide range of issues, but hope this helps in your decision making process

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/16/2012 3:38 pm

Also if you can drink from a non-chlorinated/non-fluoridated water supply, that is another huge step. You can purchase distilled water by the gallon from wal mart. $.99 per gallon. Also at GNC, you can pick up liquid calcium/magnesium supps and add a bit to the water so that you are getting mineral rich water.

hey i saw your post and didnt know that about drinking distilled water. i drink filtered water at work and at home so is that ok?

MemberMember
(@rawhide)

Posted : 11/17/2012 1:24 pm

Both stress your liver so cutting it down would be advised altough you'll most likely not get problems.