Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thatfeelwhen

Need Assistance (People With In-Depth Product Knowledge Needed)

Greetings. First of all I would like to say that the regimen I am currently using is based off the brilliant sticky which details Dos and Don'ts about products. I also started a thread quite a few months back now asking for advice which also helped me devise said regimen.

It consists of Medik8 OneClease facial wash (D&N), Paula's Choice 1% BHA gel (N), Paula's Choice Gel Moisturiser (N..sometimes D) and a Paula's Choice SP15 cream (D).

My need for assistance stems from the fact that although I have my acne largely under control, I still get whiteheads quite often, which is an annoyance, they are nearly exclusively located around my nose. Any ideas as to why these develop? They're small and easily popped (which I don't do to avoid scabs and potential breakouts from messing around with the surface of my skin too much) but annoying nonetheless.

Possible issues:

1) Could it be that my skin is dry around these areas, can that cause whiteheads? My skin does get flaky around this area SOMETIMES but it never feels dry even though the flakes suggest otherwise? I currently use PC's gel moisturiser which is fantastic but is it time to move up to her cream moisuriser which she suggests for people with normal/dry skin? (maybe using the gel on t-zone and the cream on the chin and nose area)

2) I eat a wide of range of foods and breakouts don't correlate with eating said foods, I drink a lot of water as well so I'm not entirely sure this is the issue but if anyone has had the same experiance and found the issue to be a certain food type then please share.

3) Is my BHA gel too harsh? It's only 1% and the weakest of them all but it's a possibility

Anybody willing to lend some knowledge?

tl;dr

-regimen is doing a fine job

-still get whiteheads around nose

-i list possible issues

-ask for your knowledge to aid me in my quest