Notifications
Clear all

Can Anyone Identify My Acne And Give Me Any Ideas On Clearing It?

MemberMember
(@rocklover639)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:30 am

So I have red dots on my face that don't hurt or aren't bumpy and appeared after I used an blackhead extractor and the red dots now took the place of where my blackheads use to be. Here are some images:

So can you name what type of acne that is? I'm really confused but I think it's a papule but I'd like your opinions on what it really is. Some info on my face is that my face is super oily especially on the forehead and super sensitive.

Almost every lotion,moisturizer or gel I've used made me breakout and any severe temperature changes such as extreme heat or a windy day makes me breakout even more. I've stopped using moisturizers due to my fear of breaking out even more and then ending with red dots that never seem to go away. The only thing I do to help clear my acne is shower morning and night with Nivea For Men Moisturizing Face Wash product with Menthol & Vitamin E along with shampoo and conditioner. Is that enough to help? If not, any help is greatly appreciated and once I begin to learn more and master the art of acne xD I would want to help others on the forum with their problems! Thanks for reading!

MemberMember
(@starrynight07)

Posted : 11/13/2012 3:46 am

Hello,

Have you tried or will you be willing to try the acne.org regimen? It works very well for a lot of people including myself, but I don't know if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or if you would be willing to give it a shot. The acne.org AHA+ (with glycolic acid) is another wonderful product too. Honestly, your skin doesn't look too bad and thank you for posting some pictures for us to see. I'm guessing your acne is mild to moderate? Nothing severe, and I'm sure it will clear up fast once you find a treatment that works best for your skin. You can also try facial steaming to clear your pores and then apply some sort of facial mask about once or twice a week after steaming. A lot of people like the Aztec Secrets healing clay and mix it with apple cider vinegar. I don't use it because I'm still using my leftover ProActiv facial masks hahaha, but there are some really good masks out there. I would also recommend looking through the diet/nutrition boards on this website to get more info on how you can clear your skin from the inside as well. I know for me, dairy breaks me out all the time.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@rocklover639)

Posted : 11/13/2012 4:14 pm

Thanks for the input. My skin is EXTREMELY sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxide. I'm looking more for cheap alternative ways on clearing my acne. I don't want to pay 30 everytime the regimen supply runs out. Another intelligent forumer messeged me on some natural products for my skin and I'd like more input and evaluation on what type of acne I have and natural remedies for clearing my acne. I don't think diet affects acne but I'll have to do more research regarding that subject.

Once again, thanks for the helpful input.