Notifications
Clear all

Gluten Free Bread

MemberMember
(@jarrit)

Posted : 11/13/2012 12:28 am

I'm just wondering if anybody has tried this bread :

http://www.julianbakery.com/smart-carb-gf-3-promo/?gclid=CPC2iJ2ay7MCFYZaMgodgBAAxQ

It contains flax seed, so it may not be appropriate for those that have adverse effects with it.

I love bread so much. It would be nice to be able to make sandwiches again for convenience.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 11/13/2012 12:36 am

1467.jpg

MemberMember
(@lola111)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:27 am

Unfortunately, gluten is not the only bad ingredient of bread. I love bread too, but I gave up most grains a while ago. They seem to affect my overall health because they contain a lot of anti-nutrients. Also, they are quite difficult to process by our digestive system from my experience. I only eat rice once in a while. I think we are just too dependent on bread for our meals. After 2 weeks with no bread or substitute bread, I didn't feel any need to eat it anymore.

MemberMember
(@lia-rae)

Posted : 11/13/2012 6:48 pm

Sami's bakery (google it) is a bakery in Tampa Florida that makes awesome millet and flax based bakery goods. They ship their products, too. I love their bagels... If you're celiac then it's a no-go, but if not then there's no wheat (or other gluten containing contents) in the ingredients so it's all right. :) And not to mention delicious.

MemberMember
(@healthywomen)

Posted : 12/22/2012 2:22 pm

Glutten free breads still bread lots of endotoxin. No grains for best health.