Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TishGirl

Haven't Been Here Since Last Year, Acne Still Active

Hi All,

My last post was somewhere around December 2011. Cystic acne was active then and in full swing now in 2012.

I got married this past July....my skin was ok while on my honeymoon- away for 2 weeks then I don't know what happened, the cysts came full force a few days after we arrived home. I have had many problems with my skin and have the scars to prove it but this time was different. My doctor put me on a higher dose of antibiotics and changed my diet all since the end of July. This was supposed to be a happy time for me but during these past few months I have been nothing but depressed.

A whole blood workup was done and I was asked if I wanted to try a hormone therapy. I agreed, looking for another way out of taking Accutane.

As of right now.....today is my 3rd day on Spironolactone 25 mg.....She wants to try this for a month, get my potassium and blood pressure checked every 2 weeks for now just to make sure everything inside is ok.

I felt there was no other way out but to see if this works. I was scared at first but with reassurance from my doctors I finally gave in.

The first day was ok.... the 2nd day I had a little anxiety in the middle of the night and today was ok....while making numerous trips to the bathroom letting the water out things have been ok so far.

I am just very anxious to see if this will work....my skin is very bad at this point, they just keep showing up in different areas on my face.

I was so busy since my first post last year but really glad to be back.

unsure.png