Lies Lies Lies..tir...

Notifications
Clear all

Lies Lies Lies..tired Of People Being Lied To

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/12/2012 8:14 pm

The Regimen, all it is a temporary fix. It wont clear your acne for good..and that's if it even works for you. Chemicals destroy your face.

Sorry Dan, Proactiv, Neutrogena and other names that are in the Acne Industry...

I want to make this as short as possible..

Acne is caused from inside. Please get away from products and save your face and time. Just refer to Nutrition & holistic health section..and find your problem through trial and error. That's how I did it... For myself, I stopped drinking/taking dairy, and reduced gluten foods, and believe it or not...I am not breaking out anymore. And I just use water to wash my face. Please do yourself a favor and research what triggers your acne and inflamation..

Drink lots of water, even when you arn't thirsty.. (10+Cups a day)

Balance or overcome your sugar intake with Fiber foods/powder

Common triggers (Not everyone is affected)

Leaky Gut

Dairy Products (yes even plain yogurt)

Gluten foods

Good luck. Yes, it does help scars. Please do research like I did, I am 17 and I was tired of being lied to. Finally I found what triggers my acne/inflamation and now I am looking forward to my life.

Look at my stupid older post, that was my pathetic self don't be one of those. It all starts from inside!!

thanks,

robert.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 11/12/2012 8:23 pm

Agree 100% with you. Creams just cover up the problem. How long have you been doing this for, may I ask?

Do you follow a certain daily regimen of what foods to eat every day? How do you get your fiber? and what about kefir as dairy? it's a special pro-biotic yogurt. And do you mean completely cut out dairy intake? and completely take out carbs (like bread, pasta, noodles etc) or just reduce carbs? how much bread or what not would you eat in a day?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/12/2012 8:58 pm

Agree 100% with you. Creams just cover up the problem. How long have you been doing this for, may I ask?

Do you follow a certain daily regimen of what foods to eat every day? How do you get your fiber? and what about kefir as dairy? it's a special pro-biotic yogurt. And do you mean completely cut out dairy intake? and completely take out carbs (like bread, pasta, noodles etc) or just reduce carbs? how much bread or what not would you eat in a day?

I will be glad to post exactly what I do...

[Morning]

1. 1 Tbs of Fiber Powder - Mix with water. (Any is good, I prefer Psyllium Fiber, because it's cheaper and apperently is a bit better then solouble fiber (white powder)

2. 1 Cup of Water Kefir - I mix half a lemon or lime for better taste.

3. 1 Cup of Water - Just right after the Kefir. I am telling you, water is a miracle.

4. 1 Cup of Gluten Free Oats - Mix with 1/2 Teaspoon of Fiber Powder, raisons, 1/2-1 bannana, 1 tsp of those seeds that are small and contain Omega 3/6 (I forgot the name) and a tad drop of honey.

5. 1 Apple - along with the oats of right after.

6. 1 Slice of gluten free bread - Toasted is yummier

7. 1 Cup of Water - Trust me...

8. Multivitamin Gummies - Extra vitamins wont hurt

9. Fish Oil Capsule - That Omega 3/6...inflamation = less and less (redness)

10 Zinc Pill - Zinc for repearing damaged skin

[Afternoon/Lunch]

My mom always packs me a...

Chicken Salad

1 Apple

Side cup of either grapes, blackberries or strawberries.

Bannana chips for snacking on

2-3 Bottles of water

[Night]

Same as morning without the vitamins/pills

Note: I am drinking water almost every 30-1hour.

Note: this is what I typically eat in the morning. That means it changes once in a while.

This works for me, for yourself, please run a trial and error diet to find what foods do you good and what foods do you bad..

I cut out all juice and soda, all I drink is water kefir, water and rice milk for cooking, yes I cook.

Fiber comes in many many foods, but the powder is just for an extra ammount. 10g of fiber cancels out 10g of sugar.

I reduce carbs, most foods with carbs have gluten. Almost all meats are good.

2 Slices of bread is good for me.

:)

Robertt

MemberMember
(@relmneiko)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:12 pm

Speaking of lies...

You're wrong. The dietary route is a red herring.

I'm lactose intolerant. I don't drink milk, or coffee, for that matter. I'm living in Japan and eat mostly Japanese food (ie rice and not bread or anything gluteny). I like my sweets, but eating sweets doesn't really cause me to break out. You know what causes me to break out? My period. Every time.

Birth control cleared me up, but it made me crazy, so I had to stop, and after that my acne got worse. Acne is hormonal, man. Diet feeds into that, but you're not going to fix it by just going on a strict diet. You're just cutting out lots of yummy foods for no good reason.

There is a scientifically proven link between testosterone and acne and stress (hormone-related!) and acne, but the whole leaky gut thing doesn't have jack to back it up and is about as sound as naturopathy and other quackery.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:17 pm

The Regimen, all it is a temporary fix. It wont clear your acne for good

Nothing will cure acne for good.

Common triggers (Not everyone is affected)

Leaky Gut

Dairy Products (yes even plain yogurt)

Gluten foods

Leaky gut, as far as I'm concerned, is a hype. Dairy (milk) may be a trigger, there's some research in the nutrition and holistic health section. But except for milk, there isn't that much (if any) scientific evidence at all. Gluten...far from certain, I've never seen a study claiming that gluten (or whole grains, as a part of your diet) caused acne or a "leaky gut", unless you have a sensitivity.

Yes, it does help scars. Please do research like I did, I am 17 and I was tired of being lied to. Finally I found what triggers my acne/inflamation and now I am looking forward to my life.

Glad you found your triggers! Congrats!

FabianL liked
MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:30 pm

Speaking of lies...

You're wrong. The dietary route is a red herring.

I'm lactose intolerant. I don't drink milk, or coffee, for that matter. I'm living in Japan and eat mostly Japanese food (ie rice and not bread or anything gluteny). I like my sweets, but eating sweets doesn't really cause me to break out. You know what causes me to break out? My period. Every time.

Birth control cleared me up, but it made me crazy, so I had to stop, and after that my acne got worse. Acne is hormonal, man. Diet feeds into that, but you're not going to fix it by just going on a strict diet. You're just cutting out lots of yummy foods for no good reason.

There is a scientifically proven link between testosterone and acne and stress (hormone-related!) and acne, but the whole leaky gut thing doesn't have jack to back it up and is about as sound as naturopathy and other quackery.

You know what?

I really have no other proof than myself and few others that I know of. I believe what I said is true, and I know (This is coming from me) if people listen to what I have said, they wont have more problems. Those yummy foods I cut out didn't excist 100 years ago, my friend. Acne is recent. Also... what I do know, is that those same scientiest that you stated, work with companies like Neutrogena, ProActiv and several others. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Thanks AKL :).

All because of trial and error.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:35 pm

^ I suggest you have a good look at the nutrition and holistic health forum, to see how many people actually still struggle with their acne. Those "yummy" foods (assuming you mean milk and grains) have been consumed for thousands of years, not just 100. The point is: not everybody is the same, what works for you may or may not work for someone else. Some people break out from grapes/citrus fruits or strawberries, things you consume on a daily basis. One thing is for sure: BP is a proven treatment (check out PubMed), but not a cure, and it won't work for everybody. But again: congrats on being clear!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:56 pm

^ I suggest you have a good look at the nutrition and holistic health forum, to see how many people actually still struggle with their acne. Those "yummy" foods (assuming you mean milk and grains) have been consumed for thousands of years, not just 100. The point is: not everybody is the same, what works for you may or may not work for someone else. Some people break out from grapes/citrus fruits or strawberries, things you consume on a daily basis. One thing is for sure: BP is a proven treatment (check out PubMed), but not a cure, and it won't work for everybody. But again: congrats on being clear!

Western Diet.

Oh and not completely clear, just yet! Few red spots and scars here and there, but significant improovement.. I would have never taught..I feel like another person. Haha.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/12/2012 10:11 pm

Western Diet.

Oh and not completely clear, just yet! Few red spots and scars here and there, but significant improovement.. I would have never taught..I feel like another person. Haha.

I hear you, but again, some people break out from the weirdest things, also foods that are considered healthy (name one food source, and I can almost guarantee you that there's a post from a member who thinks s/he broke out because of it, including some vegetables). Unfortunately, there's no one size fits all treatment. I just think the "lies" is kind of inappropriate. I'm really glad you're well on your way to clear skin, though :)

FabianL liked
MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 11/13/2012 12:48 am

[Morning]

1. 1 Tbs of Fiber Powder - Mix with water. (Any is good, I prefer Psyllium Fiber, because it's cheaper and apperently is a bit better then solouble fiber (white powder)

3. 1 Cup of Water - Just right after the Kefir. I am telling you, water is a miracle.

4. 1 Cup of Gluten Free Oats - Mix with 1/2 Teaspoon of Fiber Powder, raisons, 1/2-1 bannana, 1 tsp of those seeds that are small and contain Omega 3/6 (I forgot the name) and a tad drop of honey.

[Afternoon/Lunch]

Chicken Salad

1 Apple

2-3 Bottles of water

[Night]

Note: this is what I typically eat in the morning. That means it changes once in a while.

This works for me, for yourself, please run a trial and error diet to find what foods do you good and what foods do you bad..

I cut out all juice and soda, all I drink is water kefir, water and rice milk for cooking, yes I cook.

Fiber comes in many many foods, but the powder is just for an extra ammount. 10g of fiber cancels out 10g of sugar.

smile.png

Robertt

Thanks for this! I actually have some Psylium husk fibre at home with me now a long with a lot of EFA oils. I want to know, what is water kefir? I have just plain kefir, which I use to add Flaxseed oil, Primrose oil and borage oil and coconut oil into, should I still do that? or because it's dairy maybe stop it and do what you're doing exactly? and with the gluten oats for breakfast, do i add the psylium husk fibre like you said into that? because i find that if you dont drink it quickly it goes really thick. could i maybe drink it seperatly after the oats? smile.png thanks! oh and on your toast, do you put anything on it? just interested what you do with that.

And also, is it fair for some people DIETS are the answer, because think about it, acne is caused from stuff INSIDE of you. Maybe different diets work for different people? AKL, I know I'm probably wrong, but are you saying this diet wont work for anyone?

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/13/2012 10:09 am

[Morning]

[Afternoon/Lunch]

Chicken Salad

1 Apple

2-3 Bottles of water

[Night]

smile.png

Robertt

Thanks for this! I actually have some Psylium husk fibre at home with me now a long with a lot of EFA oils. I want to know, what is water kefir? I have just plain kefir, which I use to add Flaxseed oil, Primrose oil and borage oil and coconut oil into, should I still do that? or because it's dairy maybe stop it and do what you're doing exactly? and with the gluten oats for breakfast, do i add the psylium husk fibre like you said into that? because i find that if you dont drink it quickly it goes really thick. could i maybe drink it seperatly after the oats? smile.png thanks! oh and on your toast, do you put anything on it? just interested what you do with that.

And also, is it fair for some people DIETS are the answer, because think about it, acne is caused from stuff INSIDE of you. Maybe different diets work for different people? AKL, I know I'm probably wrong, but are you saying this diet wont work for anyone?

I am certain myself, but other people may differ or disagree. The only real way to find out is to try it out.. At first I wasn't really sold because all my life i was told to 'wash your face real good' 'put this and that on' and I still broke out, it made me miserable to try product after product.. Now I am happy on a 'acne' diet..it feel like a normal diet too. Do what you think is best, tough..

Water kefir: http://www.amazon.co...HZFW6KEPPGHXCNA

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 11/13/2012 11:05 am

It's not a lie. Benzoyl peroxide is one of the oldest and most effective treatments there is for mild/moderate acne. I'm sorry it didn't work for you, but no one said it was a cure either. How is diet a cure? You still have to keep eating a certain way so your acne is under control. It is still just like any other treatment - as soon as you stop your acne will come back [unless you grow out of it or whatever]

MemberMember
(@mfxfitness)

Posted : 11/13/2012 11:47 am

Agree^^^^ Robertioo, you are generalizing regarding the correlation between diet and acne... Unfortunately, you can't make blanket statements such as LIES regarding acne treatment until you have actual clinical proof that supports your theory... On the other hand, topical medications have extensive research done by both skin care companies, as well as non-biased scientists... I agree that less is more when speaking of acne but the proof is in the pudding, the regimen works for an exponential amount of people in which diet DOES NOT effect their acne... By the way, there is extensive research on HORMONES effect on acne... Yes, diet may effect hormone levels, however the effect is usually minimal in persons that are not allergic to gluten, sugar, diary etc...

MemberMember
(@hopeful479)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:38 pm

Acne isn't cured it's managed. The factors go from food allergies, sensitivities, stress, diet, hormones, genetics, pollution, cosmetics, poor water quality, shampoo, detergents, lack of exercise, too much exercise, medications, poor hygiene, overwashing, over exfoliating, allergies to chemicals, just to name a few.

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:38 pm

The Regimen, all it is a temporary fix. It wont clear your acne for good..and that's if it even works for you. Chemicals destroy your face.

thanks,

robert.

Hi Robert,

Congrats on finding a way to improve your own skin. :)

I think everyone else did a great job at replying to your post but I wanted to add my two cents as well.

First, we've never claimed that The Regimen is a cure. Nowhere on this site will you find us saying that. Second, NOTHING is a cure, not even your diet. If you go off your diet and supplements, guess what, your acne will come back. This is true of any treatment. Third, the damage from constant inflammation from acne as well as squeezing/picking are much more damanging to the skin than most treatments, imo.

We love providing a place for people to share what works, but accusing people of being liars is really not in the spirit of the forums here and your accusations in that regard are uncalled for and unfounded.

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:49 pm

Sometimes hormones are naturally imbalanced from things like hereditary PCOS and things like diet don't completley fix the problem. This whole 'one size fits all' mentality really annoys me, whether it's somebody saying if I stand on my head once a week it'll cure acne or if I use BP it'll definitley cure my acne. Everybody is different, there'll always be people a treatment doesn't work for.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/13/2012 5:40 pm

Thanks for your opinions guys. But really, I don't think applying chemicals on the face is good. But that's me <-- Please understand that) I understand what everyone else is saying too. But for me I just got tired of being lied to about using this and that product on my face, especially after trying product after product after product. It got overwhelming. It was horrible for soccer season too because BP and this and that mousturizer would just drip and cause irratation but that is just me. In conclusion to that, my turned red and red and it was so imbarrasing, I would cry myself to sleep sometimes. Now my face feels amazing. Few impurities here and there, but amazingly healing quickly. Even those small pimples I used to get and would take forever to get away, now they just appear for a day and the next day they would be gone. 'I' just think having a stricter diet, witch includes more vegtables, fruits, nuts, meats and little to none proccessed foods, fast food, greasy foods (just thinking about it makes me sick, but I don't care because I love eating healthy now), is easier then applying all these products that are really just irratating your face and drying those pimples and scars. With my diet all I focus on is what I eat and that's all. I don't have to go cream searching and researching for this stress free wash, or that pore minizmizer cream, or bp 5% or 10%. I mean I still use suncreens and apply natural face masks once in a while, mainly to refresh my face, but the masks don't contain any chemicals.

I also didn't take into consideration about the acne connection with hormones, stress, genetic etc. Sorry and I have nothing to say about that.. I personally don't believe it...but that's me. For those who have tried a so called 'acne' diet, did you really do your research and take time? Or was it just like face cream picking, this cream for a month, that cream for a week, 'this one stings', "NEXT"...

My grammar is awful I know, I am 17 and still learning shifty.gifteehee.gif

Thanks again for your replies smile.png.

If you have any other questions or comments feel free.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/13/2012 5:45 pm

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying (like several other members have pointed out) that there is no proof that diet (any diet) is causing your acne, nor that you'll be able to eliminate it through diet. Obviously, a healthy diet and lifestyle should be the basis, because it's good for your body, not because it will get rid of acne for sure. Trust me, I've seen more people fail than succeed, only a few were lucky enough to find out what triggered most of their acne. If you can: kudos to you, but I wouldn't throw away my BP (or whatever treatment you're using) just yet. As some members have pointed out, acne is incredibly complex, many factors can be involved, you won't control them with diet alone.

This whole 'one size fits all' mentality really annoys me, whether it's somebody saying if I stand on my head once a week it'll cure acne or if I use BP it'll definitley cure my acne. Everybody is different, there'll always be people a treatment doesn't work for.

I think we have a certain someone here who actually does say that. I tried to imagine what it would look like if all acne sufferers would stand on their heads in an attempt to get rid of it ;)

I agree with everybody's replies here, saying that this is not a cure, that there is no cure, and that nothing works for everybody. What annoys me most is, that people might actually believe that BP is a scam, throw it away, only to find out that they're back at square one a month later. That's not what we're here for.

FabianL liked
MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/13/2012 5:52 pm

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying (like several other members have pointed out) that there is no proof that diet (any diet) is causing your acne, nor that you'll be able to eliminate it through diet. Obviously, a healthy diet and lifestyle should be the basis, because it's good for your body, not because it will get rid of acne for sure. Trust me, I've seen more people fail than succeed, only a few were lucky enough to find out what triggered most of their acne. If you can: kudos to you, but I wouldn't throw away my BP (or whatever treatment you're using) just yet. As some members have pointed out, acne is incredibly complex, many factors can be involved, you won't control them with diet alone.

This whole 'one size fits all' mentality really annoys me, whether it's somebody saying if I stand on my head once a week it'll cure acne or if I use BP it'll definitley cure my acne. Everybody is different, there'll always be people a treatment doesn't work for.

lol.gif I think we have a certain someone here who actually does say that. I tried to imagine what it would look like if all acne sufferers would stand on their heads in an attempt to get rid of it wink.png

I agree with everybody's replies here, saying that this is not a cure, that there is no cure, and that nothing works for everybody. What annoys me most is, that people might actually believe that BP is a scam, throw it away, only to find out that they're back at square one a month later. That's not what we're here for.

Main problem...Acne sufferers will always be desperate for that 'cure'. Everything takes time, just like my diet...I mean it took really, 3 weeks to see results, for some it takes longer... I admit I was a desperate one, luckily, I did my research and found out what causes me to break out. Everyone needs to have patience and take their time to research, you know. You are right, acne is not a cure, neither is HIV or AIDS. One day we wil hopefully find a cure! No one deserves to go through this!

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/13/2012 6:11 pm

Main problem...Acne sufferers will always be desperate for that 'cure'. Everything takes time, just like my diet...I mean it took really, 3 weeks to see results, for some it takes longer... I admit I was a desperate one, luckily, I did my research and found out what causes me to break out. Everyone needs to have patience and take their time to research, you know. You are right, acne is not a cure, neither is HIV or AIDS. One day we wil hopefully find a cure! No one deserves to go through this!

In my opinion, the main problem is people telling others that their own regimen/diet/whatever will cure other people's acne, while at the same time telling them that other (proven) treatments are a lie. No offense, I understand you're happy with the results, just like I'm happy for you. However, forgive me, but it took you 3 whole weeks to find out what works for you? How about at least a year, or even several years? Because in my experience that's how long it takes many people before finding out that the diet-acne connection does not exist for them. I agree and hope that one day there will be a cure, but that day hasn't come yet, unfortunately. Until then we have to do with the science we have. I would like you to come back and update in 3 months, will you do that? Or keep a log in the diet logs section?

MemberMember
(@user174136)

Posted : 11/14/2012 8:07 am

AKL - that's an incredibly amusing image! I suppose it'd be easier to identify each other. Although I don't know quite how you'd tip your hat to people.

It seems odd that there's cures for so many things but none for acne. It goes to show the complexity of it I guess. It's incredibly individual too I've noticed - I also have Reynauds, and my fingers go the same colour as other sufferers in the same conditions, whereas acne doesn't seem that uniformed. What breaks me out doesn't break another out, and vice versa.

MemberMember
(@akl)

Posted : 11/14/2012 7:48 pm

AKL - that's an incredibly amusing image! I suppose it'd be easier to identify each other. Although I don't know quite how you'd tip your hat to people.

It seems odd that there's cures for so many things but none for acne. It goes to show the complexity of it I guess. It's incredibly individual too I've noticed - I also have Reynauds, and my fingers go the same colour as other sufferers in the same conditions, whereas acne doesn't seem that uniformed. What breaks me out doesn't break another out, and vice versa.

Haha, I'm sure some genius will invent a shoe hat and sell it for a lot of money. The advantage of standing on your head is, that it will turn so red that acne won't even be visible anymore. Maybe that's what they mean.

It is so incredibly difficult, it's not funny, and yeah, very individual (though some treatments work for the majority, they never will for everybody). You have Reynauds? Doesn't that have something to do with blood circulation? I hope it's nothing serious!

MemberMember
(@strax)

Posted : 11/19/2012 8:14 pm

Im at the exact opposite end of the spectrum as you. I've been eating paleo for 4 years and have been dealing with acne on and off for the entire time. I'm just now weighing my options on topicals. It's really hard to do after all the dietary and lifestyle sacrifices ive made trying to defeat this internally. The diets I've done have been very extreme, if cutting out diary was all I needed to do then that would be amazing. I haven't had refined suger in over 6 years, not one drop. 0, not a sip of cola or a bite of chocolate in 6 years.