My Cure

MemberMember
(@duracell)

Posted : 11/12/2012 6:34 pm

Alright so I've been waiting like 3 months before posting this thread because of fear that it might stop working or something but I have recently tried something that has made my acne go away and i'm pretty confident that this is what has cured me

So before I begin let me tell you that I had been struggling with acne for about... 7 years. In those years i've tried EVERYTHING from not eating certain foods, to starving myself, to creams, to taking vitamins and supplements. Almost everything.

But one day I head someone talk about how drinking water with your foods dilutes the acids in your stomach that break down food. So I reflected upon myself and realized that I have always been a heavy water drinker with my meals. Sometimes I would watch my friends eat food without drinking a sip of water and I would ask them how that was possible. (this particular friend happens to have no acne but forget about that for now)

Anyways so I tried this... I began to eat food with NO WATER and then wait 2 hours and drink like 2 glasses of water...then wait 2 hours again before my next meal. At first I was still following a diet with no chocolate, no cheese, (and other things that people say cause acne) But after i started getting results from my experiment I started eating those foods too and I have not gotten acne since!

THERE is one thing i'm still avoiding and that is milk. My theory is that it isn't the hormones in milk that might cause acne but the fact that milk IS like drinking liquid and eating food at the same time (since it is so rich in nutrients) I also figured that maybe the reason milk might be associated with acne is cause milk is almost always taken with food. (like cereal, cake etc.) But, I still have not tried drinking milk cause i'm almost sure that is an irritant of acne from my past experiments.

Anyways I'm sure you guys will tear apart my theory but I would REALLY like some of you to try it for at least a month and report back on your findings. It is definitely working for me.

and yes it is hard and weird not to drink water with your meals but... you get used to it.

thanks for your time and I hope.. I really hope this is what is helping me and more than anything I hope it helps other people.

P.S I was at my aunts house the other day and she made a full course meal of shrimp based plates. I was terrified cause I was assured shelfish irritate acne..but I couldn't say no cause I was a guest at their house and it was someone's birthday. So I ate every course fearing the consequences of my meal and the next few days... NOTHING. No acne in sight. (again I didn't drink water with my meal)

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 11/12/2012 6:38 pm

I'll defiantly be keeping this in mind. So what are you saying? have a basic normal healthy diet, but wait 2 hours after/before meals to drink your water? And how much water would you drink in a day?

It sounds pretty simple (which is good.) so is that basically it? and it must do something if you've seen results. How much clearer is your skin?

MemberMember
(@duracell)

Posted : 11/12/2012 7:11 pm

ya normal diet. Of course I don't go crazy on anything. I wouldn't overdose on a cake. Although I did eat a lof of choco chip cookies the other day and my skin is fine. OH and I still don't drink milk. Although I did start eating chocolate and nothing happened.OH AND sorry I keep forgetting stuff but I also don't eat peanuts... So no snickers bars or peanut butter... YET. (i'm just too scared to try it)

Um I don't really keep count on how much water I drink a day.... cause after every 2 hours I just wanna drink water so bad...and then the next 2 hours I want to eat so bad. So I just keep doing that till night time. i do drink a lot of water in between the hours though cause i know i won't be drinking water for another 4 hours after i drink)

Whether I drink water or eat first in the morning really depends on whether or not I am hungry or thirsty and I have to keep in mind that whatever I chose...that I won't be doing the other thing for another 2 hours. It's more difficult than it sounds

Another thing I would like 2 add is that I was taking spirullina pills and zinc when I started this experiment and I thought it was helping but when I ran out of both I just didn't go buy more. So now that I haven't taken any of those supplements for about a month, I am convinced that those weren't really the reason that my acne was cured.

My skin is 100% clear right now actually. I still have like... markings from my acne but no new acne. Another thing I stopped doing was putting so much moisturizer on my face. Sometimes i don't even moisturize and when I do, I use VERY little cream.

P.S my theory would also explain why it seems like skinny people seem to be the ones with acne as opposed to the bigger people. I think that people who drink water with their meals get fuller faster so therefore don't eat AS much food. (something I found happening to me is that the portions of food that USED to fill me up when I drank water don't anymore... because now there is no water to take up space on my stomach)

So I think that thinner people (and of course it's not the same for everyone) but I think thinner people with weak stomachs are thin cause they aren't properly absorbing the nutrients in their foods cause of the dilution that comes from water...and this in turn causes acne too .

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 11/12/2012 8:07 pm

ya normal diet. Of course I don't go crazy on anything. I wouldn't overdose on a cake. Although I did eat a lof of choco chip cookies the other day and my skin is fine. OH and I still don't drink milk. Although I did start eating chocolate and nothing happened.OH AND sorry I keep forgetting stuff but I also don't eat peanuts... So no snickers bars or peanut butter... YET. (i'm just too scared to try it)

Um I don't really keep count on how much water I drink a day.... cause after every 2 hours I just wanna drink water so bad...and then the next 2 hours I want to eat so bad. So I just keep doing that till night time. i do drink a lot of water in between the hours though cause i know i won't be drinking water for another 4 hours after i drink)

Whether I drink water or eat first in the morning really depends on whether or not I am hungry or thirsty and I have to keep in mind that whatever I chose...that I won't be doing the other thing for another 2 hours. It's more difficult than it sounds

Another thing I would like 2 add is that I was taking spirullina pills and zinc when I started this experiment and I thought it was helping but when I ran out of both I just didn't go buy more. So now that I haven't taken any of those supplements for about a month, I am convinced that those weren't really the reason that my acne was cured.

My skin is 100% clear right now actually. I still have like... markings from my acne but no new acne. Another thing I stopped doing was putting so much moisturizer on my face. Sometimes i don't even moisturize and when I do, I use VERY little cream.

P.S my theory would also explain why it seems like skinny people seem to be the ones with acne as opposed to the bigger people. I think that people who drink water with their meals get fuller faster so therefore don't eat AS much food. (something I found happening to me is that the portions of food that USED to fill me up when I drank water don't anymore... because now there is no water to take up space on my stomach)

So I think that thinner people (and of course it's not the same for everyone) but I think thinner people with weak stomachs are thin cause they aren't properly absorbing the nutrients in their foods cause of the dilution that comes from water...and this in turn causes acne too .

I can totally see where you are coming from in some ways. I've heard if you drink to much water, or water with your food, you can basically just flush out all the nutrients.

How about this as a basic guideline:

• Eat a basic healthy food diet - no extremems needed
  • Avoid Dairy and peanuts.
  • Drink a decent amount of water 2 hours after or before food intake

But really, It's good that you have clear skin now and at least you know the marks will go away in a few months. I really want to try and at least see this diet.

How long did it take for you to see results? Also, whats bad about peanuts may I ask?

MemberMember
(@duracell)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:23 pm

"How about this as a basic guideline:

• Drink a decent amount of water 2 hours after or before food intake"

That's an EXCELLENT SUMMARY. I would add that when you eat you don't drink any liquid. (In my diet that also means avoiding soups... or if i do eat a soup I eat it with a fork so as to not consume the liquid)

I'm gonna say it took like 2 weeks cause I was clearing up from what I had...but after that I stopped getting new acne.

I don't know what's bad about peanuts... I haven't tried eating them since I started but I was convinced before that peanuts might be an aggravating factor of acne. Just cause my acne started when i began to consume a lot of peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches at lunch in HS. I stopped eating peanuts like a year ago but it never truly made my acne go away until i started this water thing towards the end of August

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:40 pm

Ah. Ok :). I'm not sure either, I've heard Peanuts can be a bit bad for acne for some people, but if you really want some sort of nuts to eat you could try almond nuts or walnuts, I know they're really good! :) but can't wait to start this diet :).

MemberMember
(@duracell)

Posted : 11/12/2012 9:45 pm

Yeah I do eat almonds =) Just not peanuts..it's the only one I avoid. I think I ate a whole snickers one time and I broke out so... I'm thinking it was less the chocolate and more the peanuts.

MemberMember
(@jekester)

Posted : 11/13/2012 12:55 am

Ok sweet! I'll stick away from Peanuts, just to be on the safe side haha. May I ask, do you know how much carbs or gluten you'd have in a day? cause I know carbs and gluten aren't to good for you, just wanna know what you think on that :).

MemberMember
(@duracell)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:37 am

yeah there was a time when I was avoiding both carbs and gluten. my diet consisted of like rice and chicken..and vegetables ....and it did help but I lost soo much weight. And now that I think about it, maybe the reason that although in that time I was drinking water with my meals, maybe the rice i was eating was absorbing the water (cause rice has that property) gwhich is why maybe the water wasn't affecting my acne as much. But that diet was horrible and it was hard.

I have since introduced carbs and glutten back... Actually before this I was not eating any bread! Once I started seeing results I started eating bread slices by themselves and have had no bad effects from it. Also been eating pastas and cheese (cheese scared me a lot though cause it's so much like milk) but I have had no effects. (again I think it's because cheese is solid as opposed to milk which is liquid)

So u ask how much I eat of carbs and glutten?

Well... last night I ate a bowl of Honey Oats cereal (with no milk) then today I ate like 2 bowls of spaghetti... I ate powdered donuts! and right now i JUST ate 4 chicken sandwiches from jack in the box. Matter of fact i'm going to go get some more of those donuts cause i'm still hungry =P

OH and another thing that comes from chewing food with no water is that it forces your mouth to produce more saliva which also helps break down food once u swallow it

BUT it is a pain to eat sometimes with no liquid... feels like you're choking with pancakes =P

Another side effect of this is that people will think you are absolutely weird for not drinking water. So I suggest accepting the water when they serve it and not drink it... Cause if they ask what you want to drink and you say nothing... Everyone is usually like... Whuttttttttttt? (at least in my experience) and then come the questions and ughhh

MemberMember
(@nyla)

Posted : 11/13/2012 11:43 am

this makes sense, but a lot of foods already contain water on their own. what about apples? they have quite a bit of liquid in them. should i avoid them too?

MemberMember
(@duracell)

Posted : 11/13/2012 2:50 pm

AH YES THANKS FOR REMINDING ME ABOUT THATt! and i'm sooo sorry I hadn't mentioned this before but I ALSO do not eat fruits (yet)

I talked to a girl once that told me that the doctors told her that her body had a reaction to glucose and that is what may have been contributing to her acne. So she stopped eating fruits and she says it helped. So I did too.

@BURGUNDYFUNK - It may be because they are so rich in water!

(but to be honest I just haven't reintroduced them into my diet)

One thing that I did reintroduce into my diet that i was SURE was causing my acne was fast food hamburgers. I ate 2 huge 6 dollar burgers from Carls. Jr. and chicken sandwitches from McDonalds and other burgers and I haven't had any reactions from them =D Thank goodness cause I love those things ha

(again I don't drink any water with them)

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 11/13/2012 10:50 pm

i am going to try this. thank you so much for taking your time to post this! grinwink.gif

MemberMember
(@ind1g0)

Posted : 11/13/2012 11:27 pm

Your acne was probably caused by digestive issues and a lack of HCL in the stomach to break down certain foods. I'm glad you found success!! Drinking with meals is so bad for the health anyways- so your choice benefits you in many ways

Your acne was probably caused by digestive issues and a lack of HCL in the stomach to break down certain foods. I'm glad you found success!! Drinking with meals is so bad for the health anyways- so your choice benefits you in many ways

MemberMember
(@rawhide)

Posted : 11/14/2012 5:54 am

Someone posted about the same thing years ago. Doesn't help me at all.

MemberMember
(@duracell)

Posted : 11/14/2012 8:24 pm

how long did you try it for and how long were u waiting for in between meals? Did you also take milk, peanuts and fruits while on this diet?

At first I was waiting 3 hours between water and food... maybe try that. It just became hard waiting that long to eat or drink water so i made it 2

MemberMember
(@acnegoaway54)

Posted : 11/14/2012 9:55 pm

gosh this is gonna be hard to do but im gonna try it.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 11/16/2012 10:09 pm

I've been doing this for 2 weeks now. I get far less flushed in the face, and bloated in the stomach, after eating than I used to. I can only imagine this is good for my skin overall. My skin has been improving, but I have changed too many other things to attribute it directly to this method.

Also, drinking 2-3 glasses upon waking up guarantees a... satisfying... bowel movement every morning.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/17/2012 9:03 am

"How about this as a basic guideline:

• Drink a decent amount of water 2 hours after or before food intake"

That's an EXCELLENT SUMMARY. I would add that when you eat you don't drink any liquid. (In my diet that also means avoiding soups... or if i do eat a soup I eat it with a fork so as to not consume the liquid)

I'm gonna say it took like 2 weeks cause I was clearing up from what I had...but after that I stopped getting new acne.

I don't know what's bad about peanuts... I haven't tried eating them since I started but I was convinced before that peanuts might be an aggravating factor of acne. Just cause my acne started when i began to consume a lot of peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches at lunch in HS. I stopped eating peanuts like a year ago but it never truly made my acne go away until i started this water thing towards the end of August

Instead of thinking peanuts contribute to your acne have you considered that you could be intolerant to casein, the protein in all dairy, which would explain why foods made with milk in them also break you out? Just an idea.

Also, it only takes 15 minutes for water to enter the bloodstream on an empty stomach, so 30 minutes prior to eating would be okay to drink water, like 2-4 glasses, then wait 2 hours after eating to drink again. But 2 hours prior isn't necessary when your stomach is empty.

MemberMember
(@hopeforthebest)

Posted : 11/17/2012 1:53 pm

r u sure it not just giveing up milk? coz my face cleared fully when i gave up dairy..

MemberMember
(@duracell)

Posted : 11/18/2012 3:14 pm

Yeah I do think Milk had something to do with it but I had given up milk back in May and although my acne cleared up a little, i would still get some acne. Now with this no liquid diet with meals I have NOTHING.

MemberMember
(@daftfrost)

Posted : 11/19/2012 9:52 pm

r u sure it not just giveing up milk? coz my face cleared fully when i gave up dairy..

Give up milk, no matter who you are . There are many other reasons why milk is bad for you.

The theory of not drinking water DOES work, it helps by aiding digestion and somewhat to do with enzyme and hormonal function. Maybe, your body tends to react more through insulin when your body is full, but we don't know for sure.

That doesn't mean you should eat junk though. WIth or without water, eating soy, corn and some sort of grains (Barley) result in stomach pain and gives me breakouts.

MemberMember
(@cabezitadura)

Posted : 11/19/2012 10:50 pm

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us! :) I drink water like crazy so I'm going to try this starting tomorrow =] thank you!

MemberMember
(@duracell)

Posted : 11/21/2012 7:30 pm

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us! smile.png I drink water like crazy so I'm going to try this starting tomorrow sideways.gif thank you!

Awesome (Little Hard Head) please report back with your results cause I don't wanna be recommending something to people if it doesn't really work for everyone but... I feel like.. this may have cured me.

(also I don't use any creams or anything to wash my face....) Just water. Oh and 15 seconds of cold water right before getting out of shower to close pores... (i dunno... I do this and i am not getting pimples anymore so I'm just letting u guys know EVERY little thing i do

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 12/09/2012 10:55 pm

I started chewing my food more and avoiding any liquids with meals, and added in digestive enzymes - seems to be improving my skin

MemberMember
(@epicdermis)

Posted : 12/10/2012 5:44 pm

Have you tried drinking a lot of water with your food and seeing if your acne comes back? Because there could be some other cause (maybe you just grew out of it).